• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Hipfire Config file: GameSettings.ini Path: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\BFBC2 Sensitivity Minimum: Sensitivity0=0 Default: Sensitivity0=0.5 Maximum: Sensitivity0=1 Console: N/A Notes: The game has a lot of variable acceleration that is seemingly impossible to turn off entirely. For this reason the calculations will not feel 100% accurate. Yaw and pitch factor should be set to 0.5. If .dbx files in the input folder are modified, calculations will also be off. Engine: Frostbite 1.5 Affected by:FOV: No | WPS: No | Resolution: No Default FOV: 65 | Use the Advanced Mode in the calculator to convert FOV values. Added: N/A Updated: N/A

#2 somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant

• Premium Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hey boss, on your Bad Company 2 default fov has a typo it should be 65 in the settings.ini.

#3 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

Thanks, I used the widescreen FOV instead of the 4:3 FOV :)

#4 Guest_nixon_*

Guest_nixon_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:32 AM

Any particular reason converting BC2 sensitivity to BF3/BF4 isn't anywhere close to accurate? Tried going backwards BF3/BF4 to BC2 and the dpi value can't be changed for BC2.

#5 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Have you modified the .dbx files under %USERPROFILE%DocumentsBFBC2input? If so, calculations will be off. Also, what do you mean by the dpi value can't be changed?

#6 Guest_nixon_*

Guest_nixon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Nothing was modified in any input file, only the sensitivity in game was changed. And it's not a little bit off it's almost 180 degrees off when converting BC2 to BF3 or BF4. Seems to be off when converting BF3 or BF4 to BC2 sensitivity. No worries, I haven't seen anyone get the conversions right for converting sensitivity for BC2 to something else. Before it wasn't letting me change the DPI value of the ""new game"" when that new game was set to BC2, seems to be working now. Probably just a fluke or the notifyproperty change not being triggered.

#7 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

BC2 has some terrible acceleration you won't get rid of, however it should not result in a 180 degree difference. I'm sure the calculations are correct on the system I test on, but there might be some variables I'm missing for it to be universally correct. If you don't mind, what numbers do you put in, and what is the actual result in distance/360? What I need is current game, fov, wps, dpi, sensitivity/distance, and output fov, wps and dpi. Thanks!

#8 Guest_nixon_*

Guest_nixon_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

I don't believe acceleration is the issue I was only doing slow mouse movements across the pad to see the amount needed to 360. Also it's unchecked in the options for BC2 and I noticed BC2 uses raw input by default at the very least windows bar doesn't affect it. Current game sensitivity .28, dpi 800, fov 70 although it's got the X on it on here so that shouldn't matter right?, wps 6, distance on here says around 98 cm. New game sensitivity is 0.004046, dpi 450, fov 96, wps 6, distance on here says 98 cm. Actual distance in game seems to be around 108 however that's sort of close to what it says on here. I think the problem might be the calculation for the starting sensitivity. Because there is no way that sensitivity for BC2 is 98 cm for a 360. Does this site take in account the default ""yaw/pitch"" factor that are available in BC2's in-game settings? These might be what are affecting the starting sensitvity, default is 1 by the way.

#9 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

Did some testing now, and believe it or not, but the acceleration in BC2 is actually this bad. The calculations are correct when 1 count is sent at a time, but when a bunch of counts like 100 are sent at a time, the movement gets accelerated almost 50%. I'll see if I can tune the calculations to reflect the accelerated (real life) movement instead of the theoretical correct movement. I'll also update what yaw/pitch are used for calculations.

#10 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

I have updated the BC2 calculations to better reflect the actual distance now, and updated the notes field regarding the yaw and pitch. Mouse movement registration in BC2 is terrible though, the crosshair will move a different distance every time even if you move your mouse the exact same distance :(

#11 Guest_000Rudolf_*

Guest_000Rudolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

This doesn't work for battlefield bad company 2

#12 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

As mentioned in the notes, BC2 has so much acceleration it is impossible to do the calculations accurately. It's a rough estimate, but it will vary depening on DPI, polling rate, sensitivity and the speed you move your mouse at.

#13 Guest_000Rudolf_*

Guest_000Rudolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

There is no way to remove the acceleration and have an accurate misuration, right?

#14 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Correct, BC2 will do acceleration even if you turn it off in the menus :( That makes calculations impossible to do accurately since the actual distance/360 depends on how fast you move your mouse.

#15 Guest_000Rudolf_*

Guest_000Rudolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

Thanks. °<{:{D}

#16 Guest_Roose_*

Guest_Roose_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:20 AM

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is definitely wrong. I am using the same DPI and 360 distance as BF4 and BF3 and sensitivity feels 1.5x as high in BC2.

#17 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

BC2 has so much acceleration that I have considered removing it. That's why you are not getting the distance calculated. Actually, if you try moving your mouse very slow to the right, and then quick back left to the exact sport you started, see that the crosshair ends up a completely different place :/

#18 Guest_nixon_*

Guest_nixon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

Did something with the BC2 calculation get broken? 800 dpi + 0.27 = 157 cm, that can't be right.

#19 Guest_Asher Hunt_*

Guest_Asher Hunt_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

There's mouse acceleration in that game, can't do much about it sadly. I really wonder why devs force acceleration in some games...

#20 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

The correct base distance for 800 dpi + 0.27 sensitivity is closer to 110 cm, but since the game has so much acceleration I've added 40%. Also make sure the pitch values are 0.5. Even so, the acceleration makes an accurate calculations impossible :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users