• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Hipfire Config file: config.cfg Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg Sensitivity Minimum: sensitivity "0.01" Default: sensitivity "6" Maximum: sensitivity "30" Console: sensitivity Notes: Turn mouse acceleration OFF, and turn raw mouse input ON in the menus, or by setting "m_customaccel" to 0 and m_rawinput to 1 on the config file. NOTE: It is the value from fov_cs_debug you must use in the FOV field for correct calculations, not the actual displayed FOV. Engine: Source Affected by:FOV: Yes | WPS: No | Resolution: No Default FOV: fov_cs_debug 90 | Horizontal Degrees (4:3 Base) Set FOV with console command "fov_cs_debug". Not possible to change unless the server has enabled sv_cheats. Added: 2013-10-01 07:00:00 Updated: 2014-07-12 01:32:00

• Sly likes this

#2 Guest_Laysteel_*

Guest_Laysteel_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Hey! Really nice calculator but i think something is wrong with the calculation of counterstrike global offensive! Because i tried converting my cs:go sensitivity to bf3 but somehow it always is much lower than the one in cs:go! maybe its the WPS! I have my WPS on 6 but still something is wrong... Please fix this or help me find out what is wrong. Thanks

#3 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

I'll look into it :) What sensitivity are you using in CS:GO and what DPI? Also, can you tell me approximately what your measured 360 rotation distance is in CS:GO, and in BF3 with the converted numbers? Thanks!

#4 Guest_Laysteel_*

Guest_Laysteel_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

ok ill do that give me a moment

#5 Guest_Laysteel_*

Guest_Laysteel_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

Ok! if i go in cs:go and do a 360° turn it i messure 39 cm.. with exactly 2 sens. if i put 2 sens in the cs:go window on this website it tells me i would do a 46 cm for 360° again 450dpi zowie am-mouse

#6 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

It might be something wrong with the FOV calculations for CS:GO actually, what FOV are you using?

#7 Guest_Laysteel_*

Guest_Laysteel_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

i am using 85 fov :)

#8 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

Ok, FOV calculations are wrong with CS:GO then, which throws your distance off. I'll fix it soon :) Thanks for reporting btw!

#9 Guest_Laysteel_*

Guest_Laysteel_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

sorry i need to correct myself! the fov in csgo is always 90 not 85! als also i had acceleration on in cs go but it made a difference of 2 cm.. so not 39 but 37. but still there has to be a bug! good luck on fixing it!

#10 Guest_alip_93_*

Guest_alip_93_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yeah the calculations are off. If I change my mouse settings from 400dpi with WPS on 6 to 1600dpi with WPS on 3 it says my sensitivity in CS:GO should be exactly the same keeping it at 2.5. In reality it is much more sensitive with the change. Default FOV in CS:GO is 90 with a 16:9 monitor I think.

#11 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

I have double checked CS:GO now, and updated the calculations. Make sure Raw mouse input is enabled, this ensures Windows Pointer Speed and acceleration is not interfering with the sensitivity. Also make sure acceleration is turned off in CS:GO. FOV do affect sensitivity, and the default is 90. But on a server without cheats enabled I don't think you can change the default FOV. I've updated the calculator anyway so you can change the FOV and see the correct distance :) If no FOV is entered the default (90) is used.

#12 Guest_Slaughter_*

Guest_Slaughter_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

Nice site! Isnt it 75 default fov in cs source instead of 90? And please add quake3,quake4.

#13 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

CS:S is default 90 FOV, you can check it with the "default_fov" command in the console :) Quake 3 and 4 are on the list, the will be added at some time.

#14 Guest_Slaughter_*

Guest_Slaughter_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Yeah i know it will give 90 from the console just heard in cs:s and hl2 actual fov is 75 while despite what is written there(not sure if the same can be said about cs go though) But maybe its just people speculating wrong info on ll those sites and forums confusing vertical and horizontal fov values or smth. Just wanted you to spread a word on this whether to confirm or not.

#15 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

If you set the resolution to 4:3 aspect ratio, you'll see that it takes exactly four fields of view to turn 360 degrees, so it is definitely 90 default :) Using horizontal FOV is a little problematic though, because it usualy refers to the 4:3 FOV. When you are using 16:9 it is actually wider. I'm planning to add more advanced FOV features in the future.

#16 Guest_Locopock_*

Guest_Locopock_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hello, I just converted my Counter Strike: Global Offensive sensitivity over to Garry's Mod. When I got on a server in Garry's Mod I quickly noticed that the sensitivity was a bit too slow even though I had changed it to what my Counter Strike: Global Offensive sensitivity is. I have no idea if it is just me or if there is something wrong with the calculator. Hope to hear back soon.

#17 DPI Wizard

DPI Wizard

Advanced Member

• Wizards
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

In CS:GO sensitivity changes with FOV, and in Garry's mod it scales with your Windows Pointer speed settings. Make sure they are at default values (90 FOV and 6 WPS), and they should be exactly the same.

#18 Guest_Locopock_*

Guest_Locopock_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:28 AM

I know for a fact that my WPS is on the 7th notch, but putting it down to the 6th solved my problem. If my WPS is 6 then there wouldn't be any 11 because I am on the 7th notch, but my wps is 6 so the 11th notch would technically be 10 WPS.. I think.

#19 Guest_Locopock_*

Guest_Locopock_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

know for a fact that my WPS is on the 7th notch, so I selected WPS 7, but selecting WPS 6 for Garry's Mod solved the problem.*

#20 Guest_Nico_*

Guest_Nico_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

low fov sometimes could make you feel like your aim is faster, at least for me, that might be it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users