Jump to content

Atlas

Added!
Read more...

Just Cause 4

Just added!
Read more...

Supraland

Acceleration is fixed and sensitivity numbers are added, so this game is in!
Read more...

Hitman 2

Pretty much the same as the previous Hitman, but here it is!
Read more...

Spellbreak

In-game and config file sensitivity added!
Read more...
brunosuzano

Viewspeed v1 VS v2

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, brunosuzano said:

What is the difference between Viewspeed v1 and v2?

Viewspeed v2 is aspect ratio independent. Viewspeed is not. Aspect ratio independent means the 360 distance doesn't change with a different aspect ratio. And we know that because they have the same point of rotation - all that is changing is cropping and adding of FOV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, potato psoas said:

Viewspeed v2 is aspect ratio independent. Viewspeed is not. Aspect ratio independent means the 360 distance doesn't change with a different aspect ratio. And we know that because they have the same point of rotation - all that is changing is cropping and adding of FOV.

 

What do you mean when you say Viewspeed (v1) is aspect ratio dependent. Could you give me an example just to help clarify it?

Edited by brunosuzano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brunosuzano said:

What do you mean when you say Viewspeed (v1) is aspect ratio dependent. Could you give me an example just to help clarify it?

16-9-si-4-3-la-jocuri.jpg

See how in this picture the aspect ratio is different but the image is actually the same in the center. This is what I mean by adding and cropping FOV. And because of this it means you should share the same 360 distance. However, when you use Viewspeed v1 it gives you a different 360 distance for different aspect ratios. So all that aspect ratio independent means is that the 360 distance will remain the same no matter what aspect ratio you use, which is what Viewspeed v2 is doing.

Edited by potato psoas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, potato psoas said:

See how in this picture the aspect ratio is different but the image is actually the same in the center. This is what I mean by adding and cropping FOV. And because of this it means you should share the same 360 distance. However, when you use Viewspeed v1 it gives you a different 360 distance for different aspect ratios. So all that aspect ratio independent means is that the 360 distance will remain the same no matter what aspect ratio you use, which is what Viewspeed v2 is doing.

I see. I appreciate it, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×