Jump to content

Fear The Wolves

Beta added! Use the config file calculation for best accuracy and independent calculation of X and Y axis.
Read more...

Ravenfield

Hipfire and sniper sensitivity added.
Read more...

Battlefield V

Sensitivity settings are mostly the same as in Battlefield 1.
Read more...

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (Classic)

Oldie added.
Read more...

Combat Arms Reloaded

Finally added! The acceleration issues are fixed in the Reloaded version.
Read more...
RipGroove

Mouse 360 distance not what it says on the calculator?

Recommended Posts

Am i missing something, the calc says my 360 distance should be 30cm, just measured with a ruler and it's 26cm? Sure it was OK last time I used the calc, what have I done wrong?

40191638092_021788eccc_o.png

 

My mouse is set to 1800dpi:

39326736605_47fdf3e205_o.png

And my WPS is 6:

39513271544_fb4933d581_o.png

 

And my in game settings:

26352878888_e476fe4931_o.png

 

And my GameUserSettings file:

25355104137_891b5b1399_o.png

Edited by RipGroove

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Are you testing the 360 in third person? 26 cm with those settings are about correct for first person you see.

Definitely testing in 3rd person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used the calculator the other day and it got my 360 distance bang on. I can only assume I've messed up the GameUserSettings file somehow so I guess I'll have to delete it and let the game create a new one and just redo all my keybinds and settings and hope that that sorts it. 

Edited by RipGroove

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no good! I just deleted my GameUserSettings file, started the game, went through all my options again, but still my 360 distance is measuring 26-27cm when it should be 30cm??!!

Edited by RipGroove

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to put my in game sens to 27 to get a 360 of 30cm, that's -2 from what the calculator says.

Edited by RipGroove

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tested the actual DPI of your mouse in the DPI Analyzer?

It's not uncommon that measurements are off by as much as +/- 10% depending on how you measure and most importantly what the true DPI of the mouse is.

Another test is to measure in another game as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Have you tested the actual DPI of your mouse in the DPI Analyzer?

It's not uncommon that measurements are off by as much as +/- 10% depending on how you measure and most importantly what the true DPI of the mouse is.

Another test is to measure in another game as well.

I did try the DPI analyzer but it just goes off the screen after I've I've moved the mouse about 6cm?! I'll try another game as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RipGroove said:

I did try the DPI analyzer but it just goes off the screen after I've I've moved the mouse about 6cm?! I'll try another game as well.

You have to adjust the Windows pointer settings too then (both in Windows and in the calcualtor), so it moves much slower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

You have to adjust the Windows pointer settings too then (both in Windows and in the calcualtor), so it moves much slower.

I just tried Squad without changing anything else and the 360 distance was spot on with these settings (in game sens of 0.09 as the calculator said):

38435115890_a6998606da_o.png

Weird how Squad is fine but PUBG is not. Same mouse, same DPI, same Windows settings.

Edited by RipGroove

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the analyzer to work by lowering my actual DPI to 400 and using a target distance of 10cm and it say's my actual DPI is 400.05, so I guess that is OK. Has to be something with PUBG then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I put 10cm in the DPI Analyzer, is my mouse supposed to move 10cm to get to the target? Because it doesn't, it moves about 12cm BUT the Analzyer says that my DPI is within 0.05??!! Something is wrong somewhere surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RipGroove said:

I can't change my WPS settings as that'll mess up other games that are being calculated properly. 

Do it just for the DPI Analyzer test to make the mouse move within the boundaries, not for the games. The results should be almost exactly the same with any WPS setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Do it just for the DPI Analyzer test to make the mouse move within the boundaries, not for the games. The results should be almost exactly the same with any WPS setting.

Oh I see, well I got it to work by lowering my DPI right down but as above the analyzer showed my DPI was accurate but for some reason the mouse had to move 12cm instead of the 10cm the target was set it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RipGroove said:

Oh I see, well I got it to work by lowering my DPI right down but as above the analyzer showed my DPI was accurate but for some reason the mouse had to move 12cm instead of the 10cm the target was set it. 

You are not aiming to move the DPI you specify in the analyzer, you are aiming to move the distance. The DPI will be calculated based off of this. You should stop at 10 cm, and the DPI measured then is the correct one. If you are moving 12 cm to get the correct DPI, the actual DPI of your mouse is off by 15-20%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll try again tomorrow then, why on Earth would my DPI be out that much? It's a pretty decent mouse which isn't very old. 

That doesn't explain how the Squad calculations are spot on 30cm 360 though at the very same DPI with the same mouse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's actually not uncommon that mice are 5-10% off of what they say the DPI is. I don't know about your mouse specifically though.

Either way you should get the same result in PUBG and Squad. These games are even based on the same engine (Unreal Engine 4), and sensitivity 1 in Squad is exactly the same as 0.07 in PUBG in first person with FOV 90 (0.07 is the default in UE4).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

It's actually not uncommon that mice are 5-10% off of what they say the DPI is. I don't know about your mouse specifically though.

Either way you should get the same result in PUBG and Squad. These games are even based on the same engine (Unreal Engine 4), and sensitivity 1 in Squad is exactly the same as 0.07 in PUBG in first person with FOV 90 (0.07 is the default in UE4).

Yeah that's what I don't get. Squad is bang on 30cm and PUBG is 26-27cm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RipGroove said:

I'll try again tomorrow then, why on Earth would my DPI be out that much? It's a pretty decent mouse which isn't very old. 

That doesn't explain how the Squad calculations are spot on 30cm 360 though at the very same DPI with the same mouse. 

Even the highly regarded Logitech mice can be 3% off, which can result in 12,360 CPI instead of 12,000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drimzi said:

Even the highly regarded Logitech mice can be 3% off, which can result in 12,360 CPI instead of 12,000.

Fair point but strange how Squad is spot on 30cm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose it doesn't matter too much as I can always use sensitivity in the calc rather than distance. Now I know that I have to drop down from 29 to 27 to actually get a 39cm 360 in PUBG I'll just have to base future calculations off of that. 

Really frustrating though as I want to know where the error is and is like to be able to use the calculator without having to build in an error every time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×