Jump to content

Atlas

Added!
Read more...

Just Cause 4

Just added!
Read more...

Supraland

Acceleration is fixed and sensitivity numbers are added, so this game is in!
Read more...

Hitman 2

Pretty much the same as the previous Hitman, but here it is!
Read more...

Spellbreak

In-game and config file sensitivity added!
Read more...
DPI Wizard

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Recommended Posts

Hi

Recently I've changed monitor to Ultrawide, and honestly I don't know how properly convert sensitivity to new ratio

After converting from CGSO some time ago, I based my main sensitivity "feeling" around Ironsight/Holo in RS - this is the same distance as in Hipfire CSGO.
Based on this I have  Hipfire about 33 cm/360, IronSight 54 cm and ACOG 94 cm

I got used to it and would like to have the same on my new monitor

As you can see below, I was trying to convert my Ironsight/Holo, but as a result I get different cm/360 distance, and I think it should be the same regardless of monitor ratio. I am making some logical error ,but I am not sure where.

Any help appreciated.

 

siege.thumb.JPG.163fffde79e437d8ef3b4502891037e4.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Duszolap said:

Hi

Recently I've changed monitor to Ultrawide, and honestly I don't know how properly convert sensitivity to new ratio

After converting from CGSO some time ago, I based my main sensitivity "feeling" around Ironsight/Holo in RS - this is the same distance as in Hipfire CSGO.
Based on this I have  Hipfire about 33 cm/360, IronSight 54 cm and ACOG 94 cm

I got used to it and would like to have the same on my new monitor

As you can see below, I was trying to convert my Ironsight/Holo, but as a result I get different cm/360 distance, and I think it should be the same regardless of monitor ratio. I am making some logical error ,but I am not sure where.

Any help appreciated.

 

siege.thumb.JPG.163fffde79e437d8ef3b4502891037e4.JPG

 

The outcome shouldn't have the same 360 distance since Ultrawides provide you with additional FOV. The calculator is taking that extra FOV into account and providing you with a faster sensitivity to compensate for the higher FOV. This is perfectly normal.

If you look at the "actual HFOV" between the two it changes from "106.32" to "121.72". This is the ultrawides additional FOV.

That's from my understanding at least.

Edited by Fluvio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fluvio Thanks for answer. Well, maybe you right.

But I still think the best solution is to have the same 360 distance.

In my logic, regardless of monitor width when I move mouse from let's say one object (in game) to another object, distance on mousepad should be the same.
When overall 360 cm distance dropped from 54 to 40 I think it is impossible to keep this, as I will move faster 

Maybe I should change FOV in my calculation from 82 to another value - but I am not sure if this value is aware of that 21:9 and 16:9 stuff, so I just left it the same

I hope you understand what I mean - maybe I am just stuck in some false logic there:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Duszolap said:

@Fluvio Thanks for answer. Well, maybe you right.

But I still think the best solution is to have the same 360 distance.

In my logic, regardless of monitor width when I move mouse from let's say one object (in game) to another object, distance on mousepad should be the same.
When overall 360 cm distance dropped from 54 to 40 I think it is impossible to keep this, as I will move faster 

Maybe I should change FOV in my calculation from 82 to another value - but I am not sure if this value is aware of that 21:9 and 16:9 stuff, so I just left it the same

I hope you understand what I mean - maybe I am just stuck in some false logic there:)

 

The way I try to think of it is:

When it comes to mouse sensitivity, there are two factors at work:

Muscle memory, and hand-eye coordination. If you change the in-game numbers, they alter the muscle memory, if you change FOV, it alters the hand-eye coordination. If you increase the FOV, you need to alter the muscle memory a little in order to compensate if that makes sense. Like if you have 3 * 4 = 12. And you change the 3 to a 2. It needs to become 2 * 6 = 12 for the equation to work. You need to alter things proportionately to eachother.

The calculator does this for you which is why you end up with a smaller 360 distance (changed muscle memory) due to the FOV being different (Changed hand-eye coordination). 

If you go in-game and put your FOV down to 60 and do a few T-hunts, then change it to 90 and do a few, You'll notice that it feels slower on the 90 setting. That's the hand-eye coordination fucking up because the FOV got changed.

That's the way I explain it. Essentially just do what the calculator says and you'll benefit. Trust me. I play Siege, BF4, CSGO, Fortnite and recently Overwatch. And using Monitor Match at 0% I maintain my aim through all the games, despite them being different 360 distances doe to the difference in FOV. :D 

If you want the same 360 distance, you definitely wanna match FOVs. Specifically, you wanna match Horizontal FOV. You see that "Actual HFOV =" number. Reduce the 21:9 FOV until that HFOV matches, or is as close to the same as the standard 16:9 one. That can also give you the same sensitivity. It'll probably need be between 65 and 75 I would guess. 

Edited by Fluvio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't change the sensitivity value, instead change the field of view. You want to preserve the same curvature in the same physical space.

Assuming it is a 27" 1920x1080 and a 34" 3440x1440, then you want to scale the magnification by a factor of (27/sqrt(1920^2 + 1080^2)) / (34/sqrt(3440^2 + 1440^2)).

This gives a result of:

(360 * atan((27/sqrt(1920^2 + 1080^2))/(34/sqrt(3440^2 + 1440^2)) * tan(82 * pi/360)))/pi
= 98.89189 vertical degrees

This way the larger, wider monitor reveals more degrees purely because it is physically bigger. The 27" center portion of the image will be the exact same as the 27" monitor.

 

 

If you also want to preserve cursor sensitivity, then you need to scale the CPI by the same factor of (27/sqrt(1920^2 + 1080^2)) / (34/sqrt(3440^2 + 1440^2)).

You will need to change the game sensitivity value afterwards to compensate for the change in CPI.

1600 * (27/sqrt(1920^2 + 1080^2)) / (34/sqrt(3440^2 + 1440^2))

= 2150.941 counts per inch

 

Finally:

  1. Set the conversion method to 0% monitor distance match.
  2. Replace the input fields with 3440x1440 and 98.89189 fov, and 1600 CPI.
  3. Set the output field to 99 fov and optionally CPI to 2150.
  4. Get new sensitivity values

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel kinda dumb to ask this, but I can't figure out what certain options for R6 conversions are. I'm talking about All /w ADS and All /w ACOG. What the "/w" means and that is the purpose of these options?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 8:59 PM, Drimzi said:

Don't change the sensitivity value, instead change the field of view. You want to preserve the same curvature in the same physical space.

Assuming it is a 27" 1920x1080 and a 34" 3440x1440, then you want to scale the magnification by a factor of (27/sqrt(1920^2 + 1080^2)) / (34/sqrt(3440^2 + 1440^2)).

This gives a result of:


(360 * atan((27/sqrt(1920^2 + 1080^2))/(34/sqrt(3440^2 + 1440^2)) * tan(82 * pi/360)))/pi
= 98.89189 vertical degrees

This way the larger, wider monitor reveals more degrees purely because it is physically bigger. The 27" center portion of the image will be the exact same as the 27" monitor.

 

 

If you also want to preserve cursor sensitivity, then you need to scale the CPI by the same factor of (27/sqrt(1920^2 + 1080^2)) / (34/sqrt(3440^2 + 1440^2)).

You will need to change the game sensitivity value afterwards to compensate for the change in CPI.


1600 * (27/sqrt(1920^2 + 1080^2)) / (34/sqrt(3440^2 + 1440^2))

= 2150.941 counts per inch

 

Finally:

  1. Set the conversion method to 0% monitor distance match.
  2. Replace the input fields with 3440x1440 and 98.89189 fov, and 1600 CPI.
  3. Set the output field to 99 fov and optionally CPI to 2150.
  4. Get new sensitivity values

Thank you very much for detailed answer

I get general idea behind the math you provided. Like you said "You want to preserve the same curvature in the same physical space" - this is exaclty what I tried to do but lacking knowledge how to do it:)

Unfortunately I don't understand instruction what to do - sorry...

I am confused what input and output mean. I understand Input as old values for Siege in 1920x1080 (provided in my screenshot on this page) and output as "Convert To" field with new values like 3440x1440 and new FOV (and DPI?)

You say that input should be "3440x1440 and 98.89189 fov, and 1600 CPI." and output "99 fov and optionally CPI to 2150"

Is it possible that you insert screenshot with calculation based on my settings for 1920x1080?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/6/2019 at 4:02 AM, Fluvio said:

The outcome shouldn't have the same 360 distance since Ultrawides provide you with additional FOV. The calculator is taking that extra FOV into account and providing you with a faster sensitivity to compensate for the higher FOV. This is perfectly normal.

If you look at the "actual HFOV" between the two it changes from "106.32" to "121.72". This is the ultrawides additional FOV.

That's from my understanding at least.

Again, thanks for answer.

Returning to your initial post I made some picture to help visualize what I am trying to do:)

I know that you mentioned that cm/360 should change with changing FOV to adapt muscle memory and hand-eye coordination, but it is really hard to imagine for me why it should , as 21:9 is only wider without changing vertical FOV.

I think cm/360 should change only when you modify FOV with the same monitor - for example raise from 82 to 90 on 16:9. Then you can feel the difference and it should be compensated somehow.

Let's assume on my 16:9 monitor I made 15cm to move from the left wall to right wall. 
On 21:9 monitor I think I should make EXACTLY the same distance on this center area. So cm/360 should be unaffected because I only see more because of "bigger window". This is just some added peripheral vision

That's why I was confused after trying to convert it keeping the same 82 vFOV and getting completely different cm/360. If I am not wrong (maybe I am:) with different cm/360 there is no way that this marked distance will be the same on 21:9. I tried to keep the same vFOV because by looking on image it is clear to me that only hFOV is changing from 16:9 to 21:9, and vFOV stay the same 

Drimzi provided some other point of view but I am still waiting for answer because unfortunately I don't get all the math, and instruction what exactly to put into calculator

1061475149_RainbowSix2019-01-0922-08-58.thumb.jpg.c5f994e802c3bcb8e08ac70b78bddb5f.jpg

 

 

Edited by Duszolap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 9:43 PM, Duszolap said:

Again, thanks for answer.

Returning to your initial post I made some picture to help visualize what I am trying to do:)

I know that you mentioned that cm/360 should change with changing FOV to adapt muscle memory and hand-eye coordination, but it is really hard to imagine for me why it should , as 21:9 is only wider without changing vertical FOV.

I think cm/360 should change only when you modify FOV with the same monitor - for example raise from 82 to 90 on 16:9. Then you can feel the difference and it should be compensated somehow.

Let's assume on my 16:9 monitor I made 15cm to move from the left wall to right wall. 
On 21:9 monitor I think I should make EXACTLY the same distance on this center area. So cm/360 should be unaffected because I only see more because of "bigger window". This is just some added peripheral vision

That's why I was confused after trying to convert it keeping the same 82 vFOV and getting completely different cm/360. If I am not wrong (maybe I am:) with different cm/360 there is no way that this marked distance will be the same on 21:9. I tried to keep the same vFOV because by looking on image it is clear to me that only hFOV is changing from 16:9 to 21:9, and vFOV stay the same 

Drimzi provided some other point of view but I am still waiting for answer because unfortunately I don't get all the math, and instruction what exactly to put into calculator

1061475149_RainbowSix2019-01-0922-08-58.thumb.jpg.c5f994e802c3bcb8e08ac70b78bddb5f.jpg

 

 

Try this out.

Change your FOV to 60 and run around terrorist hunt for a bit. Then change it to 90. You will notice the difference... This is the hand-eye coordination change that I mentioned. The higher the FOV, the slower it will feel. This is why when you increase FOV, You should reduce your 360 distance to compensate. That realigns the sensitivity if you will.

So you have two options to transfer the sensitivity.

1) Reduce your FOV to 65 like in my picture: To realign the sensitivities as closely as possible. This won't give you the EXACT same FOV since you cannot match the FOVs exactly as far as I'm aware so you do need a tad of compensation but it's literally minuscule.

Or

2) Use 82 and use your new, faster sensitivity that will be converted. Like you have done above.

Both of these will work equally well. One maintains Hand-Eye will changing 360 distance, the other changes Hand-eye while maintaining 360 distance. That's just the way I've came to understand it. Try them both out and see which works for you. You might hate the FOV change or you might hate the 360 change. You won't know until you try.

Number 1.PNG

Edited by Fluvio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 10:43 AM, Duszolap said:

Drimzi provided some other point of view but I am still waiting for answer because unfortunately I don't get all the math, and instruction what exactly to put into calculator

Sorry didn't get a notification.

 

I messed up the math anyway, for the FOV it should have been this:

FOV = (360 * atan(((1440 * 34/sqrt(3440^2 + 1440^2)) / (1080 * 27/sqrt(1920^2 + 1080^2))) * tan(82 * pi/360)))/pi
= 81.53390177590329

The fov is lower because the 34" monitor has a slightly smaller 1:1 / vertical area.

27" 1920x1080 1:1 Measurement
1080 * 27/sqrt(1920^2 + 1080^2) = ~13.237053470079092 inches

34" 3440x1440 1:1 Measurement
1440 * 34/sqrt(3440^2 + 1440^2) = ~13.128694996288411 inches

 

You need ~81.5339 vfov on the 34" monitor if you want to preserve the same cm/360°.

At 82 vfov on the new monitor, the cm/360° will be slightly lower since it is actually a higher 1:1 fov.

 

If you preserve the cursor sensitivity by using 2150 CPI, and use 82 vfov on the new monitor, you want a sensitivity of:

Sensitivity = 0.01209 * ((1080 * 27/sqrt(1920^2 + 1080^2)) / (1440 * 34/sqrt(3440^2 + 1440^2))) * 1600/2150
= 0.0090714683104487

image.thumb.png.5ffefa23d9f92cfe3aa1651ef31cacf9.png

 

Edited by Drimzi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, so I'm having issues with ADS. As soon as I ADS its like I get 0 sen, meaning I cant move my sight at all when I ADS. But my hipfire accuracy is perfect! These are my settings

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - All w/ ADS
Sensitivity 1:
MouseYawSensitivity=50
Sensitivity 2:
AimDownSightsMouse=50
Multiplier 1:
MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit=0.001868
Multiplier 2:
XFactorAiming=0.029069
360° distance:
6.761 inches
 
Discrepancy: 0.0163% (0.0011 inches)
Config FOV:
DefaultFOV=73.74
Actual VFOV:
73.74 degrees
Actual HFOV:
106.26 degrees
 
 
@DPI wizard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ninjax said:

Hey, so I'm having issues with ADS. As soon as I ADS its like I get 0 sen, meaning I cant move my sight at all when I ADS. But my hipfire accuracy is perfect! These are my settings

Probably something in your config file, can you show a screenshot of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DPI Wizard this is my entire game.ini file

 

[DISPLAY_SETTINGS]
;ResolutionXXX    => 0 for autodetection
;RefreshRate      => 0 will let DirectX pick it
;WindowMode       => 0 fullscreen / 1 windowed / 2 borderless
;AspectRatio      => 0 display / 1 resolution / 2..N as options
;VSync            => 0 disabled / 1 frame / 2 frames
;UseLetterbox     => 0 disabled / 1 enabled
;DefaultFOV       => Default vertical field of view (degrees)
;TAASharpenFactor => Sharpen filter applied to TAA
;RenderScaling => Percentage of the display resolution at which 3D rendering is performed
;TAAScaling => Percentage of the display resolution at which TAA is performed
;InitialWindowPositionX/Y => -1 for centering
GPUAdapter=0
Monitor=0
ResolutionWidth=1600
ResolutionHeight=900
RefreshRate=60.020424
WindowMode=0
AspectRatio=0
VSync=0
MaxGPUBufferedFrame=1
UseLetterbox=0
DefaultFOV=73.739998
EnableAMDMultiDraw=1
TAASharpenFactor=0.250000
RenderScaling=50
TAAScaling=100
InitialWindowPositionX=253
InitialWindowPositionY=72

[HARDWARE_INFO]
GPUVendor=INTEL
GPUDeviceId=0x166
GPUSubSysId=0x10bc1462
GPUDedicatedMemoryMB=32
GPUScore=3483.000000
GPUScoreConf=1.000000
SystemMemoryMB=16275
CPUScore=1875.752441
HardwareNotificationEnable=0

[QUALITY_SETTINGS]
QualityPresetName=Custom
TexturePresetName=Low

[CUSTOM_PRESET_SETTINGS]
Shadow=0
Reflection=0
LOD=0
AO=0
Shading=0
MotionBlur=0
LensEffects=0
DepthOfField=0
TextureFiltering=0
AntiAliasingMethod=0

[READ_ONLY]
DefaultValuesVersion=11

[INPUT]
RawInputMouseKeyboard=0
InvertAxisY=0
InvertMouseAxisY=0
Rumble=1
AimAssist=1
YawSensitivity=20
PitchSensitivity=10
DeadzoneLeftStick=15
DeadzoneRightStick=15
MouseSensitivity=50
MouseYawSensitivity=50
MousePitchSensitivity=15
MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit=0.002066
MouseScroll=1
XFactorAiming=-0.033325
ToggleAim=0
ToggleLean=1
ToggleSprint=0
ToggleCrouch=1
ToggleProne=1
ToggleWalk=0
ToggleGadgetDeploymentGamepad=0
ToggleGadgetDeploymentKeyboard=0
AimDownSights=50
AimDownSightsMouse=18
ControlSchemeIndex=0
ControllerInputDevice=0

[DISPLAY]
;FPSLimit => Limit the game's fps. Minimum of 30fps. Anything below will disable the fps limit.
Brightness=50.000000
FPSLimit=0

[AUDIO]
;Dynamic Range mode: (0) Hi-Fi, (1) TV, (2) Night Mode
;VoiceChatCaptureMode => 0 Auto / 1 Manual / 2 Push to talk
Subtitle=0
Volume=1.000000
VolumeMusic=0.000000
VolumeSoundEffects=1.000000
VolumeVoice=1.000000
DynamicRangeMode=0
VoiceChatPlaybackLevel=0
VoiceChatCaptureThresholdV2=35
VoiceChatCaptureMode=2
VoiceChatCaptureLevel=0
Mute=0
VoiceChatMuteAll=0
VoiceChatTeamOnly=1
VoiceChatVolume=5

[GAMEPLAY]
PartyPrivacyEnable=1
GameplayPingEnable=1
RealSenseDroneEnable=0
RealSenseOBSPath=
RealSenseSize=0.166700
RealSensePosX=0.010000
RealSensePosY=0.990000
RealSenseHighQuality=0
RealSenseProfile=-1

[ONLINE]
;DataCenterHint => 
;    default 'ping based'
;    eus     'us east'
;    cus     'us central'
;    scus    'us south central'
;    wus     'us west'
;    sbr     'brazil south'
;    neu     'europe north'
;    weu     'europe west'
;    eas     'asia east'
;    seas    'asia south east'
;    eau     'australia east'
;    wja     'japan west'
;
;if UseProxyAutoDiscovery is set to true, http_proxy or https_proxy or all_proxy and no_proxy are
going to be looked up and used for all http calls
DataCenterHint=default
UseUPnP=1
UseProxyAutoDiscovery=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ninjax said:

MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit=0.002066
XFactorAiming=-0.033325

These don't match the calculation, it should be:

MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit=0.001868
XFactorAiming=0.029069

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DPI Wizard said:

These don't match the calculation, it should be:

MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit=0.001868
XFactorAiming=0.029069

Just changed it, but I still cant move while ADS

 

Move my sight I mean. Like it just stays still as soon as I ADS I can't move the gun at all

Edited by Ninjax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DPI Wizard said:

Did you also remove the minus (-) in front of the XFactorAiming value?

OH!!! That must be it! No wonder, I didn't even see the - checking it now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×