#101 Drimzi

Drimzi

• Premium Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:40 AM

@Drimzi

Just for interest...dont all Cod's have monitor match at 0% ? Do Bo2, Bo3 and IW differs from eachother?

Modern Warfare 1, 2 3, World at War, Black Ops 1, 2, Ghosts, and Advanced Warfare have 0% match. Black Ops III and Infinite Warfare are different. It probably has to do with how they changed the FOV system. In Black Ops III they changed it to 16:9 FOV and in Infinite Warfare it is 16:9 but they seem to be using "cg_fovscale" instead of "cg_fov"/"cg_fov_default". With fovscale it is a multiplier, so setting 106.26 fov would be 1.32825 (106.26 / 80). In previous games fovscale would scale aim down sights as well instead of just changing the hipfire fov but in Infinite Warfare it just changes the hipfire. Also after all this, the fov apparently isn't even correct to what you set it as. So I think these changes messed up the ADS sensitivity along the way.

• Joshua Willis likes this

| Logitech G900 | 1400 DPI | 3/11 WPS | 2560x1440 | Viewspeed Matched |

#102 DNAMTE

DNAMTE

Assistant Wizard

• Premium Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:34 AM

Base FOV i think they match at 0%... Change your FOV and it drifts out, not 100%. Someone can clarify i'm sure. (EDIT: DRIMZI already did :D)

As for viewspeed and what games to match. I figure that speed is ALWAYS going to be your hipfire, so if some games you match ADS to viewspeed then your still just training your hipfire (not a bad thing).

The problem is not many gamers even know about FOV and mouse sensititivy changes, they just adapt when a new game comes out. It's really only the minority that take the time to look in to potential correlations. This reason alone is why newer titles are often providing less and less adaptability for sensitivity values (look at Infinite Warfare).

They don't waste time polishing parts of the game that 90% of users would never appreciate. Thank consoles for this degeneration.

Edited by DNAMTE, 20 March 2017 - 08:40 AM.

• bebeto likes this

- V I E W S P E E D - ​Unifying Crosshair Speed

#103 WhoCares?

WhoCares?

• Premium Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

Thank you for the clarification :)

Thats why Bo3 always felt different than Bo2 for me in the past! 

#104 Bryan Redding

Bryan Redding

• Premium Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

So, after testing out the new "Viewspeed" option it has very similar results to matching monitor distance at 75%. In fact, it's often within a cm for a 360 calculation for it. Viewspeed calculation would not be much of a difference compared to monitor distance matched at 75% which is what both CSGO and BF1 USA use. All in all, if you were using 75% before or you were using USA in BF1, viewspeed should feel almost exactly the same.

Edit: I should say it's the same as CSGO Zoom Sensitivity 1, which is the default in the game. It actually corresponds to .978something for zoom sens on CSGO, basically extremely hard to tell the difference between 1 zoom sens and .978, I would argue that if you think you can it's probably in your mind more than anything else.

Edited by Bryan Redding, 25 March 2017 - 07:35 PM.

#105 DNAMTE

DNAMTE

Assistant Wizard

• Premium Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:12 PM

So, after testing out the new "Viewspeed" option it has very similar results to matching monitor distance at 75%. In fact, it's often within a cm for a 360 calculation for it. Viewspeed calculation would not be much of a difference compared to monitor distance matched at 75% which is what both CSGO and BF1 USA use. All in all, if you were using 75% before or you were using USA in BF1, viewspeed should feel almost exactly the same.

Edit: I should say it's the same as CSGO Zoom Sensitivity 1, which is the default in the game. It actually corresponds to .978something for zoom sens on CSGO, basically extremely hard to tell the difference between 1 zoom sens and .978, I would argue that if you think you can it's probably in your mind more than anything else.

As previously posted by others in this thread, it comes out around ~70% - avg, pretty close in most comparisons, not all, But then the debate of which '%' for monitor matching has never been agreed upon. Now it's clear who was on the right path.

- V I E W S P E E D - ​Unifying Crosshair Speed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users