Jump to content

Hitman 2

Pretty much the same as the previous Hitman, but here it is!
Read more...

Spellbreak

In-game and config file sensitivity added!
Read more...

Mist Survival

Survival game added!
Read more...

Creative Destruction

Added with support for all scopes. Note that this game has some issues with smoothing/acceleration.
Read more...

The Long Dark

Use the Mouse Mod linked in the notes to disable acceleration and smoothing.
Read more...
DPI Wizard

Quake Champions

Recommended Posts

Just now, GAM3R_116 said:

Hi @DPI Wizard. At the same value of FOV for screen proportions 16:10 & 16:9 the actual HFOV is not equal, but the actual VFOV are equal. And the calculator page shows the opposite.

More and more games are doing this, basically what should be a Hdeg 16:9 option in the calculator, where the FOVis locked to 16:9 and any other FOV is added or subtracted to this. Issue is that games do this inconsistently like PUBG where the FOV is a real mess. I'll take a closed look at Quake Champions tomorrow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A lot of games change what measurement is clamped depending on the aspect ratio. Like Fortnite seems to clamp HFOV 80 for aspect ratios below 16:9, and clamp vertical for aspect ratios above 16:9. I think OW does the opposite.

mCRLeG8zQUwgDtSHf4iRvgVfLxzAClV398BzUkTSLtY.jpg.2191a5ac0b919f0c9a709029194e8d0c.jpg

 

Edited by Drimzi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so i saw this on reddit, and i think its interesting. what did they calculate here? from high fovs its almost 0mm, but from lower fov to zoom they use something different:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sammymanny said:

so i saw this on reddit, and i think its interesting. what did they calculate here? from high fovs its almost 0mm, but from lower fov to zoom they use something different:

 

 

 

They are calculating the 0% monitor match and 360° distance match values for Quake Champion's zoom sensitivity at various FOVs.

As for the 'FOV Match' value at the bottom, 360° distance multiplied by 16:9 angle ratio will mean that it is 100% monitor match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no known formula that can work out the zoom sensitivity for the standard 79 hfov. You have to manually work out what the zoom sensitivity has to be for every single hipfire fov. If they haven't fixed that, then you now have to do that for every zoom fov too lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drimzi said:

There is no known formula that can work out the zoom sensitivity for the standard 79 hfov. You have to manually work out what the zoom sensitivity has to be for every single hipfire fov. If they haven't fixed that, then you now have to do that for every zoom fov too lol.

I'll see if I can construct a formula or at least a close estimate tomorrow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quake just added a zoom fov so you can set whatever fov you want for the zoom and it does affect your zoom sensitivity
well there be and update on this ? and thank you so much for all this great work <3 <3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In principle question here:

 

In theory, you'd have a better experience between games if they had the same field of view, right? But if you reduced your FOV (like in this game where the FOV is MASSIVE) to make it consistent with, say, Overwatch, wouldn't that ultimately put you at a disadvantage because you cannot 'see' as much as other players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nielsenrc said:

But if you reduced your FOV (like in this game where the FOV is MASSIVE) to make it consistent with, say, Overwatch, wouldn't that ultimately put you at a disadvantage because you cannot 'see' as much as other players?

There's a trade-off with wide FOV: Your target gets smaller. So it's easier to hit your target with reduced FOV, but you see less on the screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 12:12 PM, DPI Wizard said:

There's a trade-off with wide FOV: Your target gets smaller. So it's easier to hit your target with reduced FOV, but you see less on the screen.

I did not know this. I scaled the FOV down in QC and I honestly prefer it. Thanks for the tip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pyroxia said:

I choose config file option but calculator gives me not enough number if I set calculator's settings in config file game show my sensitivity 2.938 @DPI Wizard

 

Any decimal beyond the 10th makes no difference. Games also tend to do some random rounding of the sensitivity you configure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×