Mortal Shell

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Incursion Red River

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

ONCE HUMAN

Hipfire added, more aims to come. See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Content Warning

Just added!
Read more...

Vellum

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Subnautica

• Wizard

Take a backup of the file before you begin!

If you mess up you can always delete the file and it will be re-created when you start the game, but all the settings in it are lost.

The sensitivity for this game is in the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Subnautica\options.bin (default location). This is not a regular text file, but a file in HEX format.

To edit the sensitivity in HEX format, you first need a HEX editor.

Notepad++ (version 6.8.X, not out for 7 yet) has a HEX editor plugin that's free, and a paid option is UltraEdit.

To install the plugin in Notepad++, go to Plugins -> Plugin Manger -> Show Plugin Manger, scroll down to "Hex-Editor", check the box and click install.

Once installed, open the file, and press Ctrl-Alt-Shift-H to switch to HEX mode.

If you're unfamiliar with the hexadecimal system, it goes 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, a, b, c, d, e, f. Uppercase or lowercase letters are irrelevant, they have the same value.

UltraEdit will show the cursor position in HEX format, but Notepad++ will not, it will show the line and column.

The position of the sensitivity might change, but it always comes one space after "Input/MouseSensitivity".

In UltraEdit, the position for the sensitivity in this example is byte 1d, 1e, 1f and 20:

hexultrasub.png

In Notepad++ you can see the line number in HEX on the left, but not the position in HEX. So the sensitivity is in this example on line 2 column 14, 15, 16 and line 3 column 1:

hexnpsub.png

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/15/2016 at 2:00 PM, DPI Wizard said:

Take a backup of the file before you begin!

If you mess up you can always delete the file and it will be re-created when you start the game, but all the settings in it are lost.

The sensitivity for this game is in the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Subnautica\options.bin (default location). This is not a regular text file, but a file in HEX format.

To edit the sensitivity in HEX format, you first need a HEX editor.

Notepad++ (version 6.8.X, not out for 7 yet) has a HEX editor plugin that's free, and a paid option is UltraEdit.

To install the plugin in Notepad++, go to Plugins -> Plugin Manger -> Show Plugin Manger, scroll down to "Hex-Editor", check the box and click install.

Once installed, open the file, and press Ctrl-Alt-Shift-H to switch to HEX mode.

If you're unfamiliar with the hexadecimal system, it goes 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, a, b, c, d, e, f. Uppercase or lowercase letters are irrelevant, they have the same value.

UltraEdit will show the cursor position in HEX format, but Notepad++ will not, it will show the line and column.

The position of the sensitivity might change, but it always comes one space after "Input/MouseSensitivity".

In UltraEdit, the position for the sensitivity in this example is byte 1d, 1e, 1f and 20:

hexultrasub.png

In Notepad++ you can see the line number in HEX on the left, but not the position in HEX. So the sensitivity is in this example on line 2 column 14, 15, 16 and line 3 column 1:

hexnpsub.png

I changed the HEX  one space after Input/MouseSensitivity" but nothing is changing in game? any idea why? I followed ur instruction using notepad++

• Wizard
11 hours ago, tuphac said:

I changed the HEX  one space after Input/MouseSensitivity" but nothing is changing in game? any idea why? I followed ur instruction using notepad++

Does the value in the config file revert back to another value if you enter the game and exit again?

14 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Does the value in the config file revert back to another value if you enter the game and exit again?

It stay the same, I tried deleting the option.bin and start a new game and tried it again but it doesn't register in game. anyway, I just started using the in game sensitivity instead. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Wizard
13 hours ago, fushu said:

I followed the instructions here, but I can't get the sensitivity to change in-game. It looks like every time I open the game the config settings revert back. 

The location of the sensitivity may vary, just be sure to edit the 4 bytes after "MouseSensitivity." as the picture shows.

Just tested it now and it still works :)

• 4 months later...

New to all of this so sorry if I am misunderstanding something but the options.bin file keeps reverting my sensitivity back to default when I launch my game. I've tried read only but it didn't work.

(edit): Fixed it. For anyone having the same issue I only edited the options.bin and options.bin.bak files. You have to also edit the one with the random string of numbers and letters (top one).

Edited by sunnosa
  • 1 month later...