Alone in the Dark (2024)

The in-game sensitivity has a very limited range, use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Outpost: Infinity Siege

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Supermarket Simulator

Just added.
Read more...

House Flipper 2

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy.
Read more...

Apocalyptic Vibes

There's a small amount of negative acceleration, expect some discrepancy.
Read more...

Battlefield 2042

• Wizard
1 minute ago, sinshiva said:

i wish this game had 1x optics. 😕 this 1.25/1.71x as minimum stuff is killing me.  it scares me there might be a zoom added to optics when they presumably roll bf4 into portal someday.

Yeah, I think it throws a lot of people off, as they assume the 1.25x is the same as in BF1/BFV. But since it's quite a bit more powerful it feels completely different, and is too powerful as the minimum zoom.

• Wizard

Here's a full comparison between BFV and BF 2042 scopes (10x missing on BF2042, working on it!). These are the base values showing the true optical zoom, those under 3.00x will be affected by ADS FOV on/off.

BFV are using the actual optical zoom for the scopes.

BF 2042 uses seemingly arbitrarily assigned values, but they almost line up on a linear axis.

Scope Zoom BFV Zoom BF 2042
1.25 1.250 1.710
1.50 1.500 1.997
2.00 2.000 2.586
2.50 2.500 3.188
3.00 3.000 3.793
3.50 3.500 4.405
4.00 4.000 5.016
5.00 5.000  
6.00 6.000 7.482
7.00   8.711
8.00 8.000 9.950
10.00 10.000 12.420
12.00   14.907

Edit: 10X scope added!

I guess "zoom percent" is rarely intuitive for gamers anyway.

You could mean different things by a "2x zoom", you could literally cut the vertical FOV in half, but then any object at the centre will be 4x larger in area as it's a 2D image, so I would say the better way would be to calculate using the square root of the width and height, so any object in the centre would be double in area. This then of course means that you still would not get a 40 vertical FOV, when zooming in "2x" from an 80 vFOV which would still boggle peoples minds.

So in once sense I kind of understand why the devs may just freely move the zoom by hand in dev tools, and then say "lets call that 1.25x" because with the map sizes in 2042 and engagement ranges, it makes sense to have lower aimed FOVs.

Also, since the game has legacy gun stats in portal, using BF3 guns at an aimed FOV equivalent to high hip fire FOV's would result in practically zero perceived pitch/yaw recoil, I guess the devs felt they would be too easy to manage since those gun stats were originally designed with a fixed FOV in mind. Not that I think that's important, Halo has zero camera recoil on many guns and they feel a ton of fun to shoot. I personally preferred the BF1 approach where you could just tune the ADS FOV by preference.

15 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Here's a full comparison between BFV and BF 2042 scopes (10x missing on BF2042, working on it!). These are the base values showing the true optical zoom, those under 3.00x will be affected by ADS FOV on/off.

BFV are using the actual optical zoom for the scopes.

BF 2042 uses seemingly arbitrarily assigned values, but they almost line up on a linear axis.

Scope Zoom BFV Zoom BF 2042
1.25 1.250 1.710
1.50 1.500 1.997
2.00 2.000 2.586
2.50 2.500 3.188
3.00 3.000 3.793
3.50 3.500 4.405
4.00 4.000 5.016
5.00 5.000  
6.00 6.000 7.482
7.00   8.711
8.00 8.000 9.950
10.00 10.000  
12.00   14.907

so that makes sens why it is feeling so weird,

can i trust in 360 distance for scopes ? i know best way to do it is monitor distance but since we cant own wordwide paymant system is not possible for me.

the hipfire is okay with 360 and u can get same results as bfV, but USA on and coeff at 0% is whole alot diffrent compared to V, i just converted all of scopes with 360, and i can say it feels way better now, i messured the distance on monitor to mouse movment and now they all moved same amout.

long story short, i donno what im doing, can i trust 360 distance for scope conversions? does it work like monitor distance method?

• Wizard
Just now, SeyedMB said:

long story short, i donno what im doing, can i trust 360 distance for scope conversions? does it work like monitor distance method?

The 360 distance calculation for the scopes are 100% correct yes, assuming you enter all the correct values according to your setup of course.

2 hours ago, SeyedMB said:

so that makes sens why it is feeling so weird,

can i trust in 360 distance for scopes ? i know best way to do it is monitor distance but since we cant own wordwide paymant system is not possible for me.

the hipfire is okay with 360 and u can get same results as bfV, but USA on and coeff at 0% is whole alot diffrent compared to V, i just converted all of scopes with 360, and i can say it feels way better now, i messured the distance on monitor to mouse movment and now they all moved same amout.

in my testing, setting scopes to match hipfire sense 'works', but it'll feel wrong for most engagements.  if you come from games where you didn't need ADS or ADS could be run at 1x, you are SOL in this game.  probably most of the older gamers.  if you are used to magnification, your options are:  have it 'feel' the same to your eyes, but your in/360 at the zoom level will be wrong and you'll snap to a target too slowly based on muscle memory.  Or set the scope to the same in/360 as the previous game's in/360 with the same magnification or your hipfire's in/360, but it'll feel wrong to your eyes. 

there's not really a winning scenario for anybody unless the devs bring scope zooms back to parity with other games AND add 1x optics. 

it also doesn't help that in the 'future', all the guns are just worse.  i'd think based on materials and munitions science, ALL the guns in the 'future' should be laser beams.  instead, we're practically firing muskets (NTW-30) and the fact that player engagements are basically double the distance they were before, which you need laserbeams for to be viable on the ground.

Then, you look at vehicle combat and the turrets are accurate at hipfire sense, so a little muscle memory shreds players on the ground.  I guess they could make the vehicle turrets totally inaccurate unless in ADS as well, but that's the last bastion of accuracy in this game unless optics are fixed AND they add 1x 😕

5 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

The 360 distance calculation for the scopes are 100% correct yes, assuming you enter all the correct values according to your setup of course.

so the route i took for matching BFV and 2042 scopes to feel the same is fine? i used 360 distance for scopes, it feels good tho, i did a quick test with a ruller on monitor but hey that def not the best way xD.

but why does it feels like this? cuz of the zooms not matching their labeling? do they gonna fix it? 

• Wizard
1 minute ago, SeyedMB said:

so the route i took for matching BFV and 2042 scopes to feel the same is fine? i used 360 distance for scopes, it feels good tho, i did a quick test with a ruller on monitor but hey that def not the best way xD.

If you directly match the 360 distance for scopes between BFV and BF 2042 if will not feel the same at all, because their FOV is very different. If you use USA in BFV you can easily replicate the correct zoom level sensitivity by simply using the same USA setting. But you can never in any way compare anything about say a 4x scope in BFV to a 4x scope in BF2042 because they are not the same.

5 minutes ago, SeyedMB said:

cuz of the zooms not matching their labeling? do they gonna fix it? 

I assume it's intentional, and as @TheNoobPolice mentioned earlier it might just be because the maps are so friggin' huge.

A more sensible option would be to add more powerful scopes though... And keep their true zoom power. BF4 had a 40X scope, so why does BF 2042 max out at 10X (or 12X in portal) with all the values being wrong?

16 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

If you directly match the 360 distance for scopes between BFV and BF 2042 if will not feel the same at all, because their FOV is very different. If you use USA in BFV you can easily replicate the correct zoom level sensitivity by simply using the same USA setting. But you can never in any way compare anything about say a 4x scope in BFV to a 4x scope in BF2042 because they are not the same.

but it doesnt feel right, i know im wasting ur time probably, im not an expert.

i've played bfv on 12% 400 DPI and USA ON and coeff at 0%, i converted the 360 for hipfire so i had 22 for 2042, i played 2 days with 22 usa on and coeff 0% same as bfv, but it didnt feel right.

i really dont know much about usa with 0 coeff. but my bet is it makes u move the mouse same amout for a same amout of movement in monitor accros all scopes, so i just did a blind test with ruller on the monitor, tested in bfv first, ever thing was fine i had to move the mouse same amount for hip and 6x for exmaple, did it in bf2042 and it always under aimed, it was a solid 1 or 2 cm shorter for 6x

so i just converted all scopes from V to 2042 and tested again, and everthing was fine then. 

ik 6x is 7.4 in 2042, but what is the right move to do rn? for the long term.

Edited by SeyedMB
  • Wizard
1 minute ago, SeyedMB said:

ik 6x is 7.4 in 2042, but what is the right move to do rn? for the long term.

I'm not sure, but there are so many complaints about scopes in BF 2042 I think there are two groups.

1. Those who expect a 1.25x in BF2042 to be the exact same as a 1.25x and so on in BFV. It isn't, so they think something is off.

2. Some might be experience bugs related to the scopes. I know I've had the scopes not zoom in the proper amount many times (the 6x scope zoom about what a 2x scope does etc), some might be experiencing bugs like in the beta where the sensitivity was flawed for everyone. For this group you can only hope for a bugfix.

I know this much though, the function of USA in BF 2042 is working exactly the same as in BFV, meaning it will scale any scope correctly according to its FOV 100% correctly, as shown in this video:

However bugs might affect this for some people, this I can't really comment on since I don't have any bugs here.

i asked couple of streamers out of curiosity

for exmaple stodeh, played V at 90 FoV and 1600 dpi at 0.5% sens usa, 0% ads FoV off , for 2042 he set 3% and 79 FoV USA on and 0%(Just Same as his V)

i asked him how does it feel, he said it feels exactly the same, so i just did his settings in 360 :

1.25x Zoom Aim Sensitivity 112

6.00x Zoom Aim Sensitivity 102 (6X)

6.00x Zoom Aim Sensitivity 102 (6X)

10.00x Zoom Aim Sensitivity 122 (12X)

he mostly played with 8x and 6x so weirdly enough for him it felt the same!

me on the other hand

i converted V FoV 80, 12% 0% coeff, to 2042 74 FoV 22% rest the same, for me 360 is like this :

10.00x Zoom Aim Sensitivity 133 (12X)

8.00x Zoom Aim Sensitivity 111

8.00x Zoom Aim Sensitivity 111

1.25x Zoom Aim Sensitivity 122

in 6x 8x and 10x the diffrence was very noticeable

is this why for me it felted worse comapred to other?

i hope ur free in time im probably wasting ur time by not knowing enough about the whole system of sensivity.

• Wizard

As shown in the video above, USA is doing exactly what it should do, and is working in the exact same way as it did in BFV and BF1.

If anyone feels the need to tweak their USA settings compared to BFV once hipfire sensitivity and FOV is accounted for, it's either down to a bug, high polling rates (over 2kHz is not working correctly) or possibly poor performance optimization.

I would not get consistent correct results here if there was something fundamentally wrong with the USA scaling.

This can easily be tested with simple script tools. We know the FOV and we know what the 360 distance should be. Verify all your settings and test the 360 distance with a script, if it's off then something is wrong indeed.

1 hour ago, DPI Wizard said:

As shown in the video above, USA is doing exactly what it should do, and is working in the exact same way as it did in BFV and BF1.

If anyone feels the need to tweak their USA settings compared to BFV once hipfire sensitivity and FOV is accounted for, it's either down to a bug, high polling rates (over 2kHz is not working correctly) or possibly poor performance optimization.

I would not get consistent correct results here if there was something fundamentally wrong with the USA scaling.

This can easily be tested with simple script tools. We know the FOV and we know what the 360 distance should be. Verify all your settings and test the 360 distance with a script, if it's off then something is wrong indeed.

at this point im just confused, how to do the script tools? is there any guides?

4 hours ago, SeyedMB said:

feel feels felt like

A lot of these going around lately. Could you please convert that to metric for me? :)

Joking, but not joking. Get measurements, because feels lie. A lot. Like, most of the time.
Please don't take that personally as an attack on your or your favourite streamers, it's just the human condition.

Edited by CaptaPraelium
  • Wizard
16 hours ago, Paintballer said:

Hi, quick question, why 100 in the Coeffcient, how have you worked out this value?

Coefficient 100 is what the game uses when USA is off and the FOV is 55. But unlike BFV which scales the ADS sensitivity to the FOV, BF2042 keeps the 360 distance the same regardless of FOV, so it works differently (this is possibly a bug). By setting USA on and the coefficient to 100 you replicate how BFV works with USA off.

17 hours ago, CaptaPraelium said:

A lot of these going around lately. Could you please convert that to metric for me? :)

"The sens is broken, it's off with muh feels cause I'm a pro gamer"

- sends exactly the right amount of counts to do a turn and at ends up at exactly the same pixel at multiple input speeds...

"err.... it's the gamepad settings that are changing everything!!!"

- literally sets gamepad settings from zero to max, same script turns exact same turn distance either way

"errr....well the scripts are wrong, my human hand knows best!"

- sends input from an Arduino to mitigate any issue of script incompatibility

""you are just trolling, I'm going to ban you from my server"

- OK then 😂

I literally just had that conversation lol. Not a lot you can do with that can you?

13 minutes ago, TheNoobPolice said:

Not a lot you can do with that can you?

Every failure to adapt to the new game or comprehend the new tech, is a bug, anyone good at any similar game is immediately a CS PhD, anyone who tries to deal in facts and data is toxic, anyone who wants a decent team is griefing.... Is it any wonder they served up a game for a generation of gamers who can't handle conflict?

all of my last post was non sense, im really sorry guys for wasting ur time.

i tested with a macro in razer synapse, i totaly forgot this thing exists,

0% coeff and scaling works flawlessly in all scopes compared to hipfire monitor taveled distance

and even so there is a off feeling is definietly from the 6X being 7.4X, for my instance im used to 6X of bfv so much so having a 7.4X as a 6X would feel off definietly.

they really need to sort things out, atleast label them correctly a 8x being 10X and 10X being 15X its meme at this point

Edited by SeyedMB

why does it feel so off on some scopes though, i just dont understand.

i just got used to using coefficient of 0% on all other games... and was confident this would be the go to setting from now on.

Playing BF2042 ... i just cant use some scopes, they feel way to "speedy"

FOV Scaling Sensetivity is On. Used all the settings from the calculator.

For example:

Using the Fusion Holo feels absolutely fine. Using the K8 Holo feels slightly off.

Did not have these issues with other games. Is it just a battlefield thing? Played the last 2 Call Of Duty Games with a setting of 0% and it just felt absolutely fine on all scopes.

Apart from massive input lag in the game, this is giving me a headache, and i keep checking the forums here if you guys found out anything, but all i see is that its working as intended.

So why does it feel so bad? Placebo? 

• Wizard
1 hour ago, KugelmagnetEddie said:

Using the Fusion Holo feels absolutely fine. Using the K8 Holo feels slightly off.

Other than both of them being mislabeled (for the PP-29 at least) as 1.50x when they actually are 1.25x, they are 100% identical:

1 hour ago, KugelmagnetEddie said:

Apart from massive input lag in the game

What polling rate are you using?