Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Combineds method.

Good morning, I've been thinking about sensitivity for about a year, and I do not end up feeling comfortable especially when going from one game to another, I've gone from slow to fast since I've realized that I have a hard time repositioning the mouse and with small adjustments I have practically the same precision with high sensitivity, the doubt comes to me in scope / ADS, I always use MM 0%, but I have a problem and that is that I press the mouse too much when I hit the shot that I have a hard time tracking, is not a problem in games with my standard fov, 90V, but in games like tarkov with 75 V, and pubg 103 H, something wrong happened to correct since I move the mouse a little, here comes the question of the post, I have seen that viewspeed converts between fovs much better, at least when working for sensations, which after all is an important factor, is it viable ?, I know that I do not export everything I should to games with different fov, but it is also In those games, everything feels so different, that gives me the feeling of not exporting anything with respect to my main game when I use the same methods for everyone, thanks for the answers!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, NukeON said:

Good morning, I've been thinking about sensitivity for about a year, and I do not end up feeling comfortable especially when going from one game to another, I've gone from slow to fast since I've realized that I have a hard time repositioning the mouse and with small adjustments I have practically the same precision with high sensitivity, the doubt comes to me in scope / ADS, I always use MM 0%, but I have a problem and that is that I press the mouse too much when I hit the shot that I have a hard time tracking, is not a problem in games with my standard fov, 90V, but in games like tarkov with 75 V, and pubg 103 H, something wrong happened to correct since I move the mouse a little, here comes the question of the post, I have seen that viewspeed converts between fovs much better, at least when working for sensations, which after all is an important factor, is it viable ?, I know that I do not export everything I should to games with different fov, but it is also In those games, everything feels so different, that gives me the feeling of not exporting anything with respect to my main game when I use the same methods for everyone, thanks for the answers!

The assumption that Viewspeed is good for "sensations" is too indeterminable and misinformed. By "good for sensations" I assume you mean your muscle memory. Well the thing is that monitor matching maintains perceived sensitivity, depending on which points (angles) on the monitor we match, and is therefore the best method for muscle memory.

0% will always be matched at the exact center of the screen and should therefore give you perfect muscle memory at that point on the monitor. Which makes it especially great for tracking and precision aim. And higher monitor match percentages will obviously feel perfectly matched at their respective points, though they would have less effect on accuracy and more effect on the overall feel of turning speed since you don't e.g. aim with the 50% point of the screen.

Now the thing with Viewspeed is that it is both arbitrary and the point it matches is variable.

To explain what I mean, you must realize that monitor matching is a bit flawed because it doesn't take into account different monitor sizes and the angle the point on the monitor makes with the eyes. If you match 100% on one monitor and 100% on another, they may have the same percentage but 100% on one monitor does not convert the same to another monitor size. See what I mean:

1278437543_100monitormatchisarbitrary.png.48c4a725041ebbd4ecc6e936ec663072.png

(same problem applies to the vertical axis)

Viewspeed doesn't take into account perceived monitor size so we can conclude that it is flawed.

The second reason why it's flawed is because the point you match on the monitor changes. It hangs around 75% but changes depending on the FOV. Now this isn't necessarily a bad thing. All points on the monitor should theoretically be matched at all times but they aren't because of distortion. It's just that there really is no mathematical reason why the percentage has to change. It's a convoluted and baseless formula that we developed when we didn't know much about perceived sensitivity, and it was somehow similar to CS:GO and Battlefield's 75% default so it had a lot going for it.

The thing you need to realize is that there is no perfect method. Because you sit in exactly the same spot for changes in zoom there is inevitably going to be distortion. If you convert your sensitivity with monitor match then this inevitably has to affect the cm/360 which may make objects in the gameworld appear to move faster. This is why the moment you ADS you have to adjust to a change in target speed.

The other alternative to this is converting by cm/360 but we know that this method is also flawed because it doesn't take into account perceived sensitivity - the reason why we convert sensitivity in the first place. If you use the same cm/360 you may get perfect spatial muscle memory but what you see on the screen will feel off - low FOV will feel too fast and high FOV feel too slow, as shown in this video:

Just imagine looking through a pair of binoculars or the scope of a gun and you'll realize just how difficult it is to aim at things far away. The cm/360 method may actually be the most natural way to convert sensitivity but natural doesn't always mean advantageous.

20 hours ago, potato psoas said:

The other alternative to this is converting by cm/360 but we know that this method is also flawed because it doesn't take into account perceived sensitivity - the reason why we convert sensitivity in the first place. If you use the same cm/360 you may get perfect spatial muscle memory but what you see on the screen will feel off - low FOV will feel too fast and high FOV feel too slow:

Edited by NukeON
Fail

Sorry for the doble post, my browser has gone crazy, the problem I have is basically that with 0% MM, although it is shown that it is the best method, the change from a hipfire of a few cms to that slowness to aim, in games with the lowest fov I become very slow and clumsy, hence the attempt to find something that is viable and with a positive transfer between both games with different fovs, also quite differentiated.