Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Survarium

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...
6 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Done :)

Thanks for react so fast!

But 115.56 is strange default value for default FOV.

I defaulted its value in game and check user.cfg after that.

fov 115.0 in there.

(Game does not show decimals In game btw).

Wasnt it typo or i miss something?

• Wizard
2 hours ago, fergason said:

Thanks for react so fast!

But 115.56 is strange default value for default FOV.

I defaulted its value in game and check user.cfg after that.

fov 115.0 in there.

(Game does not show decimals In game btw).

Wasnt it typo or i miss something?

No, just what is shown in the config file. I deleted it myself now, and it came up as "fov 115.55556".

On 12/3/2019 at 2:49 AM, DPI Wizard said:

No, just what is shown in the config file. I deleted it myself now, and it came up as "fov 115.55556".

Ok i guess its game bug. Default fov is 115 imo.

Edit: You are right! fov 115.55556 is indeed defaulted when you delete user.cfg

Interesting.

So in picture is what i did:

viewspeed vertical.

Didnt touch fov type nor FOV.

If i want to change and play with different FOV in survarium, lets say 105, i change FOV and FOV only in calculator and in game config aswell (ofc). result is: different sens.

Still without touching a fov type.

Am i right?

+ What is base length? And FOV type : multi ?

As i understand its value we try to get same, across different games.

I tried search in Skidushe pinned guide, but without success.

sens survarium2.png

Edited by fergason
  • Wizard
3 hours ago, fergason said:

If i want to change and play with different FOV in survarium, lets say 105, i change FOV and FOV only in calculator and in game config aswell (ofc). result is: different sens.

Still without touching a fov type.

Am i right?

+ What is base length? And FOV type : multi ?

Survarium is not using a real FOV as the value, but a multiplier. If you want true 105 FOV, set the FOV Type to Hdeg Res and enter 105, then check the output for the correct Config FOV to get this FOV in the game.

Base length is value the calculator tries to match when using viewspeed. It's derived from a formula and used to calculate the discrepancy.

On 12/4/2019 at 11:44 AM, DPI Wizard said:

Survarium is not using a real FOV as the value, but a multiplier. If you want true 105 FOV, set the FOV Type to Hdeg Res and enter 105, then check the output for the correct Config FOV to get this FOV in the game.

Base length is value the calculator tries to match when using viewspeed. It's derived from a formula and used to calculate the discrepancy.

Ok i got it i guess.

Whats your opinion on trying to keep same fov from one main game (l4d) to others ? And change sens and type of FOV accordingly how you just described?

Or keep default FOV of these games generally ?

Last question (i hope so lol):

Is there some rule how to change FOV type? I mean change Multi to Hdeg Res, Hdeg 4:3 to Hrad etc?

Or just: Whatever FOV type is, just change it to Hdeg Res, enter wanted FOV, then "check the output for the correct Config FOV to get this FOV in the game."

• Wizard
Just now, fergason said:

Or just: Whatever FOV type is, just change it to Hdeg Res, enter wanted FOV, then "check the output for the correct Config FOV to get this FOV in the game."

This is correct. The default FOV Type selected when you choose a game is what the game uses, but as it differs a lot between games you can do this to calculate the correct value. Do note that some games have very limited or no FOV options though.

• 7 months later...

@DPI Wizard
Devs added different slider for ADS and hip fire and new entry in user.cfg, hip_sensitivity and aim_sensitivity.

Can you check it and update?

+ if there are other possible needs for update.

Edited by fergason
  • Wizard
5 hours ago, fergason said:

@DPI Wizard
Devs added different slider for ADS and hip fire and new entry in user.cfg, hip_sensitivity and aim_sensitivity.

Can you check it and update?

Added ADS sensitivity now, and updated FOV calculations so they work correctly with any aspect ratio now.

1 hour ago, DPI Wizard said:

@DPI Wizard
Thanks man! 
For education:
What if i want to play some games(lets say this one, but could be CS or Arma)
Going from 1920 x 1080 to 1600 x 1200 or 1440 x 1080 or just some other 4:3 ratio, no stretched, just black bars.
Is there some general rule to fov and sensitivity changes when transition from 16:9 to 4:3 ratio in games?

• Wizard
1 minute ago, fergason said:

For education:
What if i want to play some games(lets say this one, but could be CS or Arma)
Going from 1920 x 1080 to 1600 x 1200 or 1440 x 1080 or just some other 4:3 ratio, no stretched, just black bars.
Is there some general rule to fov and sensitivity changes when transition from 16:9 to 4:3 ratio in games?

It depends on what you want. By keeping the same vertical FOV you can essentially use the same sensitivity, as the 4:3 view is exactly the same as the 4:3 portion of 16:9. 

Or you can keep the same horizontal FOV (if possible) and match the sensitivity based on what you see. So for instance flicking to the edge of 16:9 is the same as flicking to the edge of 4:3.