Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Overwatch 2

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Drimzi said:

In your case, your sensitivity is already within 2% of the Windows speed at 400 DPI 1920x1080, you may as well use Windows/Desktop as the input and save that. Use that as the input for every game you need.

Are you telling me that the best I can do is to MATCH windows with h1z1, and then with all the remaining games?

Actually it changes a lot in h1z1, FROM 0.140000 TO 0.171051 if I try to match from windows .

What I want is to have same sensitivity in every game I started from h1z1 because I'm really good there but if you tell me to do it from windows with 400dpi 1920x1080 would be even better I'll do it like this.

I wait for your opinion and help.

This is how it looks from windows to H1Z1 viewdistance 67 of FOV that I uses in h1z1.

800d95a074e935161c8557e0b4809bab.png

Edited by Ivanovich
2 hours ago, Drimzi said:

Also another tip, if given the chance to change a games fov, try to make it as consistent as you can, which will help with 180 and 90 degree snaps. Overwatch has 103 fov, you could change h1z1 fov to 70 or 71 to match this, or set Overwatch to 99.28 fov to match h1z1.

Good luck

How do you end up with that Fov on overwatch? I'm getting so lost the last 2 days... I tried everything on the calculator but I'm not getting anything clear. 

I won't make 350 DPI, I could but I don't want to lower it I think 400dpi is the lowest dpi someone can play with, I mean most of the people plays like this. 

3 hours ago, Drimzi said:

It is indeed 45%.

Convert viewspeed to Overwatch hipfire, get your Overwatch sensitivity, change the mode to Windowmaker/ana ADS and put in the sensitivity you just got, the result should be 45.

OK I did exactly this, I convert from h1z1 to overwatch and then the sensi that gave me on overwatch I've put it back on overwtach sensi and appears 45, that should be what I have to set up for anna and widowmaker? is always the same because the other guy got the same number than me...

2 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

Yes it will be the same. The result is relative to the base fov. 45 is for 103 fov.

In my case my fov is 99.28 I'm using 99 of fov because I can't put 99.28, but is giving me the same 45 of sensi, correct because this I can't really understand.

1 hour ago, Drimzi said:

Then you need to convert to Overwatch with 99 FOV, use that sensitivity value for the input for Widowmaker/ana ADS. You should get 47 instead.

I was thinking how did you get 47 and is because you have to set up the hfov in the output right? Then as you said with 7.77 I can get that. is like this right?

I'll have to invite you a coffe.

8245817478702acebcbf49238f0dee8e.png

• 4 months later...

Why is it when trying to convert CSGO to Overwatch I get different values for viewspeed and 360 degree when I am using the same res and same FOV? Right now my current sens allows me to match the 360 distance which makes sens because again I am using the same res and same FOV which should give me a 1:1 conversation but viewspeed is adding 0.71 to my sens which is making a huge difference.

EDIT: For some reason it fixed itself.

Edited by Harrison Swinson

I'm questioning my sanity right now...

I play CS:GO with the native 16:9 1920 x 1080 Resolution, 1.1 Sensitivity, 800 DPI on a monitor that is 27"

I always see people recommending view speed but it seems to give me a worse sens than using 360?

image.png.4971745c5cd7caee9eecbfefde7f6bf0.png

image.png

image.png.ce7e1cf72487f782d2e3a055451dd935.png

image.png.918d15b0e12fe65881d805e8bc747f9b.png

That's with viewspeed on as you can see the 360 rotation is pretty different.. the goal is to make the 360 rotation as close as possible so I can achieve that same sensitivity for every game feeling right?

image.png.0a78f25e8064bf9837c2706069ab60af.png

image.png.7a7925cb3261b5ecfdfb420bd0343a68.pngimage.png.fdfcc3f332a9db0f9f3122251a67e011.png

That's with 360 distance instead of viewspeed and I achieve a closer 360 rotation

So I should be using a Sensitivity of 3.67 to be the closest to my sensitivity in CS:GO right?

Edited by Shaymion

If you change your fov in overwatcg to 90 it will give you a perfect match in both 360 and viewspeed

I recently got this proven wrong to me. So I would like one of the Devs to explain why when you change FOV in Overwatch it changes the value of your sensitivity? I set my game to multiple resolutions with multiple FOVs and I was still able to do a 360 degree turn with the same sensitivity which means that FOV and resolution does not affect sensitivity which also means that it shouldn't affect viewspeed.

Edited by Harrison Swinson
  • Wizard

If you could set the FOV in Overwatch to 106.26 it would match perfectly with both 360 and Viewspeed/Monitor Distance.

As you point out, sensitivity in Overwatch is not affected by sensitivity. This means that the 360 distance will stay the same regardless of configured FOV.
But if you change FOV, you will affect Viewspeed and Monitor Distance since these matching methods only relates to your field of view (i.e. what you can actually see on your monitor), and does not take into account 360 distance at all. 

But if my 360 degree is the same on every res and every FOV wouldnt that mean the viewspeed is the exact same? For example in your calculator using viewspeed if I set my 360 sensitivity @ 103 FOV which is 4.5 and I convert it to OW again but this time using 90 FOV I get 3.80 sensitivity even tho FOV doesn't affect sens at all. The viewspeed obviously isnt affected if I can move the same distance across my monitor using any res and/or any FOV.