FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

sen or distance which is best

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FLOODUD said:

sen or distance which mode  is best ,can some tell me which i should use to change my sen,plz:)

It doesn't really matter. It depends on what you are converting from. Use Sensitivity if you are converting from a particular game to another game. I honestly never use Distance. I prefer to choose a DPI and just convert from Windows/Desktop to every other game/aimtype I play.

4 hours ago, potato psoas said:

I prefer to choose a DPI and just convert from Windows/Desktop to every other game/aimtype I play.

But what should I use to convert sens from windows to game? monitor distance 56.25%? viewspeed2? Is 360 distance ok? i heard that 360 distance is not accurate. But using viewspeed or monitor distance is too fast for me. I also play 2d game like aim400kg, can u give any suggestion if I want have my accuracy maximized in both 2d and 3d games?

4 hours ago, cchhqq said:

But what should I use to convert sens from windows to game? monitor distance 56.25%? viewspeed2? Is 360 distance ok? i heard that 360 distance is not accurate. But using viewspeed or monitor distance is too fast for me. I also play 2d game like aim400kg, can u give any suggestion if I want have my accuracy maximized in both 2d and 3d games?

360 Distance is only used when the FOV remains the same. But every other method will give the same results anyway, so there's no point in using it except to see what happens.

Viewspeed is kind of arbitrary, it doesn't really have proper assumptions behind using it.

If you don't know what monitor distance matching is then you should watch this video, as you'll need to to understand what I am going to say down below:

Using monitor distance 56.25% theoretically follows the principle of the gear ratio concept, which you can read here:

It is simply using 100% monitor match but for the vertical length of the monitor. If your aspect ratio is 16:9 then if you divide 9/16 you get .5625 or 56.25% monitor match. The reason why we do this is because using the horizontal length of the monitor isn't aspect-ratio independent - which means it gives different results for different aspect ratios. And we don't want that because we know, for the games in which this applies, the FOV is simply added or cropped depending on aspect-ratio and not stretched to fit.

100% MM is the best method in theory, but because of distortion it doesn't really sync like you expect. Because of distortion, speed is not uniform across all points on the monitor. The only benefit of 100% MM is that it has the smallest deviation of sensitivity across all points on the monitor, which in theory should make it easier to develop muscle memory. But if you ask me, if it's deviating at all, then you're still going to have to learn different muscle memory for different FOV just like every other monitor match percentage. And you will notice that the crosshair/cursor will feel unmatched between FOV.

You should realize that no method will be perfect because of distortion. Each monitor match percentage has its advantages and flaws.

Personally I use 0% MM because I prefer to have my sensitivity matched at the crosshair - it makes it so much easier to be precise and make micro-adjustments for tracking. And if you're worried about developing muscle memory then don't worry, you eventually get used to it just like every other method. Just make sure you don't set your FOV too high because it gets insanely fast due to the distortion.

Try out 0%, 56.25% and 100% MM, keeping in mind that 0% feels good at the crosshair and 100% MM has better muscle memory, and 56.25% is somewhere in the middle of the two. Then you can decide for yourself what you want to use.

4 小时前, potato psoas说:

360 Distance is only used when the FOV remains the same. But every other method will give the same results anyway, so there's no point in using it except to see what happens.

Viewspeed is kind of arbitrary, it doesn't really have proper assumptions behind using it.

If you don't know what monitor distance matching is then you should watch this video, as you'll need to to understand what I am going to say down below:

Using monitor distance 56.25% theoretically follows the principle of the gear ratio concept, which you can read here:

It is simply using 100% monitor match but for the vertical length of the monitor. If your aspect ratio is 16:9 then if you divide 9/16 you get .5625 or 56.25% monitor match. The reason why we do this is because using the horizontal length of the monitor isn't aspect-ratio independent - which means it gives different results for different aspect ratios. And we don't want that because we know, for the games in which this applies, the FOV is simply added or cropped depending on aspect-ratio and not stretched to fit.

100% MM is the best method in theory, but because of distortion it doesn't really sync like you expect. Because of distortion, speed is not uniform across all points on the monitor. The only benefit of 100% MM is that it has the smallest deviation of sensitivity across all points on the monitor, which in theory should make it easier to develop muscle memory. But if you ask me, if it's deviating at all, then you're still going to have to learn different muscle memory for different FOV just like every other monitor match percentage. And you will notice that the crosshair/cursor will feel unmatched between FOV.

You should realize that no method will be perfect because of distortion. Each monitor match percentage has its advantages and flaws.

Personally I use 0% MM because I prefer to have my sensitivity matched at the crosshair - it makes it so much easier to be precise and make micro-adjustments for tracking. And if you're worried about developing muscle memory then don't worry, you eventually get used to it just like every other method. Just make sure you don't set your FOV too high because it gets insanely fast due to the distortion.

Try out 0%, 56.25% and 100% MM, keeping in mind that 0% feels good at the crosshair and 100% MM has better muscle memory, and 56.25% is somewhere in the middle of the two. Then you can decide for yourself what you want to use.

What about 75% MM for 16:9?

75% is good, especially if you come from a Battlefield or CS:GO background. A lot of testing has gone into finding the optimal percentage to use, and 75% has always been the go-to. It's the default in the calculator too. The Battlefield team settled on 75% because it felt best and is what CS:GO was already using, but it's not perfect. They originally tried 0%, which was no good, and hoped for 56.25% to be the answer, but it didn't hold up for extreme FOVs. 75% was the most balanced overall, but again, it is not perfect and is an arbitrary value, chosen by feel and cross-compatibility with CS:GO. There was discussion by DarkEtheereal on the Battlefield forums discussing all of this.

Viewspeed v2 is pretty similar to 75% for the most common conversions, but from personal experience, it doesn't have the off-feeling that 75% has when testing the whole spectrum of FOVs. I recommend just using Viewspeed v2 if you like 75% (Viewspeed v2 is now my recommended method for anyone really). You can test all of the conversion methods using a script in CS:GO. If you have a Logitech or Corsair mouse, there are scripts for them. You also need to download and install Python and run a script to generate all of the config files required for CS:GO which contains all of the FOV/Sensitivity changes.

Edited by Drimzi
20 分钟前, Drimzi说:

75% is good, especially if you come from a Battlefield or CS:GO background. A lot of testing has gone into finding the optimal percentage to use, and 75% has always been the go-to. It's the default in the calculator too. The Battlefield team settled on 75% because it felt best and is what CS:GO was already using, but it's not perfect. They originally tried 0%, which was no good, and hoped for 56.25% to be the answer, but it didn't hold up for extreme FOVs. 75% was the most balanced overall, but again, it is not perfect and is an arbitrary value, chosen by feel and cross-compatibility with CS:GO. There was discussion by DarkEtheereal on the Battlefield forums discussing all of this.

Viewspeed v2 is pretty similar to 75% for the most common conversions, but from personal experience, it doesn't have the off-feeling that 75% has when testing the whole spectrum of FOVs. I recommend just using Viewspeed v2 if you like 75% (Viewspeed v2 is now my recommended method for anyone really). You can test all of the conversion methods using a script in CS:GO. If you have a Logitech or Corsair mouse, there are scripts for them. You also need to download and install Python and run a script to generate all of the config files required for CS:GO which contains all of the FOV/Sensitivity changes.

Thanks a lot.

But in pubg ,75% MM from overwatch,i felt it too fast for 80 FOV TPP.

Is there a perfect %MM for FPP TO TPP?

I use 6/800DPI in overwatch with 103 FOV.

11 hours ago, Drimzi said:

Viewspeed v2 is pretty similar to 75% for the most common conversions,

@Drimzi But when I transfer my sens in csgo 400 dpi 2.5 1280*960 to overwatch sens under 1080p, monitor distance 75% gives me 9.79 in ow and viewspeedv2 gives me result of 8.02. Which one should I use?? i used to thought that resolution does not affect sensitivity in 3d games.

1 hour ago, Quackerjack said:

@Drimzi what u recommend for converting ADS to Hipfire sensitivity? Also Viewspeed 2?

ADS and hipfire are just two different FOVs. Use the exact same method that you use to convert between games. Yes I recommend Viewspeed v2.

1 hour ago, cchhqq said:

@Drimzi But when I transfer my sens in csgo 400 dpi 2.5 1280*960 to overwatch sens under 1080p, monitor distance 75% gives me 9.79 in ow and viewspeedv2 gives me result of 8.02. Which one should I use?? i used to thought that resolution does not affect sensitivity in 3d games.

For monitor match, you put in your monitor resolution, not your game resolution. 75% will return 8.02 as well.