Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

FPS to TPS (OW -> Fortnite)

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me on how I should be doing the sensitivity conversion from Overwatch to Fortnite.

I'm currently using 360 Distance for Hipfire, and 56.25%MM for ADS, and Scoping.

However, I can't seem to get these sensitivities to feel correctly when trying to fight people in close range with a shotgun in Fortnight.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

You don't even need to worry about using 360 Distance. Even if there is a slight difference in FOV, why not just use one conversion method. It's easier and gives you more consistency. If the FOV between games is the same then monitor matching will still give you the same 360 distance.

Also, no matter what monitor match percentage you use, it is never going to feel perfect because of distortion.

Also, don't use 56.25% because it's actually arbitrary and based on a bad assumption. See this post to understand why.

31 minutes ago, potato psoas said:

You don't even need to worry about using 360 Distance. Even if there is a slight difference in FOV, why not just use one conversion method. It's easier and gives you more consistency. If the FOV between games is the same then monitor matching will still give you the same 360 distance.

Also, no matter what monitor match percentage you use, it is never going to feel perfect because of distortion.

Also, don't use 56.25% because it's actually arbitrary and based on a bad assumption. See this post to understand why.

Thank you for your reply!

I'll test out 0%MM and 100%MM and see which I like better.

50 minutes ago, nodicaL said:

Thank you for your reply!

I'll test out 0%MM and 100%MM and see which I like better.

Just remember that 100% is arbitrary. 100% on your monitor would be different for my monitor. If you are going to try different monitor matches, try 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% as that should give you a feel for most other percentages. Along with 0% of course.

And keep in mind that 0% feels best at the crosshair, worst at the edge, 100% feels worst at the crosshair, best at the edge. Every other percentage is more of one or more of the other. Keep that in mind while you're practicing as you'll be more aware of the flaws and weaknesses of each percentage.

1 小时前, potato psoas说:

Just remember that 100% is arbitrary. 100% on your monitor would be different for my monitor. If you are going to try different monitor matches, try 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% as that should give you a feel for most other percentages. Along with 0% of course.

And keep in mind that 0% feels best at the crosshair, worst at the edge, 100% feels worst at the crosshair, best at the edge. Every other percentage is more of one or more of the other. Keep that in mind while you're practicing as you'll be more aware of the flaws and weaknesses of each percentage.

after a few hours of testing,0%mm feels best for me

2 hours ago, potato psoas said:

Just remember that 100% is arbitrary. 100% on your monitor would be different for my monitor

Hey #Potato psoas could you please explain this bit ?
Isn't 100% mm as all the other matches, different only aspect ratio wise ?
If I have a 22 inch monitor and you have a 40 inch one, 9 cm across 53.13 degrees will feel the same regardless of x% mm. By that, I mean the distance required ( to move from point a to point b ) on your mouse pad will be unchanged - only the crosshair will move more cm ( in-game ).
If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

1 minute ago, potato psoas said:

Yeah that's right

The other factor is also how far away we each sit from said monitor.

Thank you for the response, sir.
How far away we stay thing, its kinda hard to take into account. Based solely, on my perception if I sit closer than normal the movement distance is unchanged the only thing that would be nicer its a higher FOV and vice-versa.