Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

• Wizard
Just now, BecKz said:

If I was wanting to convert my CS:GO sensitivity to R6S, how would I go about that? I see y & x axis multipliers, but are they relevant?

My CS:GO sens is 1.10 @ 800 DPI with a 24" monitor. I'd like to convert with MDH 0%

X and Y are not relevant unless you use a different aspect ratio than is native to your monitor.

Ideally you should set the FOV in R6 to the same as in CSGO (DefaultFOV=73.74), this is the best way to get the exact same sensitivity feeling.

6 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

X and Y are not relevant unless you use a different aspect ratio than is native to your monitor.

Ideally you should set the FOV in R6 to the same as in CSGO (DefaultFOV=73.74), this is the best way to get the exact same sensitivity feeling.

So like this?

csgo2r6s.png

Hey again. So i went back to look at my conversion from RB to kovaaks, and was wondering what to put in the "FOV Type" section for kovaaks. My display is 16:9, but i play both RB and Kovaaks at a 4:3 res. Im asking because whenever i change the "FOV type" it gives me different values for the config FOV. I dont know which setting is the correct to choose between (Hdeg 4:3, Hdeg 16:9 or Vdeg). Don't want to be practicing with the wrong FOV here. Thanks in advance :)

Capture 2.PNG

• Wizard
1 minute ago, BlackBullet said:

Hey again. So i went back to look at my conversion from RB to kovaaks, and was wondering what to put in the "FOV Type" section for kovaaks. My display is 16:9, but i play both RB and Kovaaks at a 4:3 res. Im asking because whenever i change the "FOV type" it gives me different values for the config FOV. I dont know which setting is the correct to choose between (Hdeg 4:3, Hdeg 16:9 or Vdeg). Don't want to be practicing with the wrong FOV here. Thanks in advance :)

FOV Type is not related to your aspect ratio, it is simply a way to express field of view. Games use different FOV Types, so the calculator will change according to the game you select. This is the value you type into the calculator is correct for the game you have selected. If you want to convert between different FOV Types, you can select the same FOV Type and value, and check the output for the Config FOV to achieve the desired FOV, like in this example:

image.png

The important part is the the "Actual HFOV" is identical, like it correctly is in your screenshot. Special for Kovaak's is that the "FOV Measurement" selection affect the FOV Type.

I understand that the "Actual HFOV" should be the same, but if i use Hdeg 4:3 and match the "Actual HFOV" i get the same result. I still dont fully understand the difference between selecting Vdeg and Hdeg4:3/16:9. How do i know which option is correct for me?

Capture 3.PNG

Edited by BlackBullet
  • Wizard
2 minutes ago, BlackBullet said:

I understand that the "Actual HFOV" should be the same, but if i use Hdeg 4:3 and match the "Actual HFOV" i get a completely different result. I still dont fully understand the difference between selecting Vdeg and Hdeg4:3/16:9. How do i know which option is correct for me?

You don't get a different result, it's exactly the same.

Config FOV: 82.18
Actual VFOV: 66.37
Actual HFOV: 98.61

The only difference is that you input the FOV in a different type, which is converted accordingly. The correct option depends on what you want to achieve really. If you want to match the vertical FOV, you select Vdeg and enter 66.37. If you want to match the horizontal FOV you select Hdeg Res (or Hdeg 16:9 if that's your aspect ratio) and enter 98.61. These values are linked through your resolution, and the calculator will automatically convert any entered number into the FOV Type you select so it doesn't mess up your results.

1 hour ago, BlackBullet said:

Capture 2.PNG

Don't change the FOV Type, change the resolution, if you are playing with 4:3 type in 1440x1080, and that should be good.

2 hours ago, SrirachaSauce said:

my current sens is 8 and 73 for the ads and fov 73  and my aspect ratio in game is 16:9. I would like to change my aspect ratio to 4:3 in game, when I do the sens/fov feels off, everything feels different. I tried using the tool but it gave me an fov of 91 something. Is there a correct conversion? 

image.png.36d0b1b20e6d6784d366360d986561fa.png

First of all, don't change the FOV Type, leave it on Vdeg, because in the game you set the FOV with the vertical measurment. You can actually see the Config FOV, which 45, and you can't set 45 FOV in the game, so leave it on Vdeg. In Rainbow Six: Siege, when you change the FOV or Aspect Ratio your 360° distance does not change, your sensitivity is going to be the same no matter how you change it. Yes, it does feel faster. I saw a video about this which I can't find but in that video the dude explained that the actual sensitivity doesn't change when you alter the FOV or Aspect Ratio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Please help im converting my sense from csgo to rainbow six siege. i cant understand what the stuff in the aim drop bar means. what does all with ads mean. does it mean it matches the iron holo and acog, what do the different options there mean. i use 800 dpi 1.4 csgo. i want hipfire to match my csgo 1.4 sens but i also want it to feel the same zoomed in i dont want it to speed up to match my 360

Edited by dr1ft3r87
  • Wizard
2 minutes ago, dr1ft3r87 said:

Please help im converting my sense from csgo to rainbow six siege. i cant understand what the stuff in the aim drop bar means. what does all with ads mean. does it mean it matches the iron holo and acog, what do the different options there mean. i use 800 dpi 1.4 csgo.

The "All" options will calculate both your hipfire and aim sensitivity simultaneously so you don't have to do it in several steps. Since R6 uses the same sensitivity for ADS and ACOG while their scaling is completely different form each other, you can only calculate sensitivity for one of them and the other will be wrong. That's why you have two "All" options, one that calculates for ADS and one for ACOG.