Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Paladins

• Wizard
1 hour ago, AftermathRV said:

It is me again, there has been another scope FOV change this time for STrix, so both kinessa and strix have different scope FOVs then in your tool right now, would appreciate an update!

They have the same FOV now actually, updated it now to just include one Scope calculation for both.

I think I'm missing something, but am stumped: When changing the DPI value(but not my in-game sensitivity) for Overwatch(my go-to "reference" game,) I see no change at all in the target game's sens setting. I can have it at 800 DPI, then switch that to 8888 and there's no change at all. I'd bet about anything this is something I'm overlooking, but I wasn't having the issue 2 days ago. I've tried this over 20 times with Paladins, Dirty Bomb, Ziggurat, and Fortnite with it still behaving this way. Who can help me screw my head back on straight? :)

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, CyanMagenta said:

I think I'm missing something, but am stumped: When changing the DPI value(but not my in-game sensitivity) for Overwatch(my go-to "reference" game,) I see no change at all in the target game's sens setting. I can have it at 800 DPI, then switch that to 8888 and there's no change at all. I'd bet about anything this is something I'm overlooking, but I wasn't having the issue 2 days ago. I've tried this over 20 times with Paladins, Dirty Bomb, Ziggurat, and Fortnite with it still behaving this way. Who can help me screw my head back on straight? :)

If you have the same DPI for both games, changing the DPI will have no impact on the calculated sensitivity. Note that the DPI for the input game will be copied to the output game unless you have specifically entered a DPI for the output game.

If you have different DPI settings for the games, changing either of them will result in a different calculation.

Well, I always consider my base effective DPI to be my mouse DPI(800) times my Overwatch in-game sensitivity(2, which multiplies this to 1600 eDPI, a setting I switched to about 2 nights ago.) By this logic, changing my Overwatch DPI in the blank to 1000, making the eDPI 2000 for Overwatch(my old base setting) should translate to a higher output in the Paladins(or whatever the output game) box on the page, right? I've been subscribed for about a year now and can't recall it ever doing anything other than immediately outputting my new sens to the target game's sensitivity setting.

Sorry if I'm sounding crazy. I've always used the calculator to find out what setting in game B will replicate(or at least approximate) my Overwatch sens, and suddenly I'm not seeing those results pop up like they did for so long. I wonder if I'm neglecting some other setting on the page.

• Wizard
3 minutes ago, CyanMagenta said:

By this logic, changing my Overwatch DPI in the blank to 1000, making the eDPI 2000 for Overwatch(my old base setting) should translate to a higher output in the Paladins(or whatever the output game) box on the page, right?

Only if you then have 1000 DPI for Overwatch and 800 for Paladins. If you increase both to 1000 the only thing that changes are the distance calculations.

Remember that the sensitivity represent a specific amount of counts/degree. 2 in Overwatch = 27272.27 counts/360 degrees. When you increase DPI from 800 to 1000 you only change the physical distance to move this amounts of counts from 34.0909 inches to 27.2727 inches. The same goes for Paladins, if you are converting 360 distance you get 1.441792, which again equals 27272.27 counts/360 degrees. And as long as the Paladins DPI is the same as the Overwatch DPI the sensitivity calculation remains exactly the same.

• 8 months later...

Thanks, any idea what sequence i'd go through to get the hipfire sens (0% monitor match) from that old 50 fov to 103? Problem I have is that 0 scope multiplier isn't 0% monitor match. The old sens was 3 in-game, 800 DPI, 103 FOV, 0 scope multiplier.

• Wizard
30 minutes ago, Struth said:

Thanks, any idea what sequence i'd go through to get the hipfire sens (0% monitor match) from that old 50 fov to 103? Problem I have is that 0 scope multiplier isn't 0% monitor match. The old sens was 3 in-game, 800 DPI, 103 FOV, 0 scope multiplier.

If I understand you correctly it would be like this (done on a test version where I could change the scope FOV):

image.png

• 10 months later...

So... I am suspecting this game of mouse acceleration. I am having troubles getting a consistent measurement in this game, I seem to be getting different measurement depending on how fast or slow I move the mouse, almost 1cm difference sometimes.

Whereas I boot up Battlefield 4 and Overwatch and I get the same measurement every time regardless of how fast or slow I move the mouse.

Am I just just crazy or what? Should I just keep playing the game and pretend there's no problem? I'm using an Endgame Gear XM1 at the moment for reference.

Edit: And Destiny 2 as well. Again in these other games it doesn't matter if I creep the mouse as slow as possible or fling as fast as possible, the most difference I can see is maybe 1mm if I measure really sloppy or something. But in Paladins I can't get a consistent result. Oh and I'm on a Glorious Helios hard mouse pad so no dpi difference based on pressure like on cloth pads and etc.

Edited by spyder256
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...