Vigor

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

MULLET MADJACK

The config file might use either comma (,) or period (.) as the decimal separator depending on your locale settings.
Read more...

Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

New mousepad sens feels off

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SladeNova said:

In overwatch i use 4.2 1000 dpi but i recently got a mousepad that is 5cm wider and 10cm taller than my old one. I was really used to that particular sens.  Anychance you can help me transfer it to my new mousepad 

How would the mousepad change your sensitivity?

8 minutes ago, SladeNova said:

Bigger mouse pad so the sens now has more space meaning it feels faster

Well there's no way to "convert" your sens. You might have to pick a new one based on the limits of the new mousepad. I have a Qck+ XXL and I can get about 40cm/360 @ 90 FOV before I run into problems with my mouse falling off the pad (also considering the desk space I have to use). Before I was using a Razer Goliathus LARGE and the limit was about 28cm/360.

Edited by potato psoas
4 hours ago, potato psoas said:

Well there's no way to "convert" your sens. You might have to pick a new one based on the limits of the new mousepad. I have a Qck+ XXL and I can get about 40cm/360 @ 90 FOV before I run into problems with my mouse falling off the pad (also considering the desk space I have to use). Before I was using a Razer Goliathus LARGE and the limit was about 28cm/360.

See that's where you are wrong my friend. A bigger mouse pad simply means i needed to lower my sensitivity a tiny bit. But since you do not know how that is okay. I was just hoping to not have to do a bunch of calculations

41 minutes ago, SladeNova said:

See that's where you are wrong my friend. A bigger mouse pad simply means i needed to lower my sensitivity a tiny bit. But since you do not know how that is okay. I was just hoping to not have to do a bunch of calculations

Mouse pad size has nothing to do with sensitivity. The only change is the interaction with the mouse feet and the mouse pad surface, and very negligible sensor performance. The change in glide would make the mouse feel slower or faster, and any increase in static friction would make a sensitivity feel higher if minimum movement results in over correcting.

2 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

Mouse pad size has nothing to do with sensitivity. The only change is the interaction with the mouse feet and the mouse pad surface, and very negligible sensor performance. The change in glide would make the mouse feel slower or faster, and any increase in static friction would make a sensitivity feel higher if minimum movement results in over correcting.

So my cm per 360 is not different now that i have a larger mouse pad? My 360 was one side of my mouse pad to the other. I want my 360 the same way it is currently on my new mousepad because now i do more than a 360

35 minutes ago, SladeNova said:

So my cm per 360 is not different now that i have a larger mouse pad? My 360 was one side of my mouse pad to the other. I want my 360 the same way it is currently on my new mousepad because now i do more than a 360

What ? you have no sense in what you say. Move your mouse the same distance you did on your smaller mouse pad. You don't need to go from left to right all the way, no one does that. Don't think too much about your 360 you won't perform that in any game, rather improve your 90 and 180 turns

44 minutes ago, SladeNova said:

Well if you are intending to use the whole length of the mousepad for a 360 then what you can do is measure the length and then Convert from "Distance" in the calculator. Here, I'll show you:

1831132907_howtoconvertbydistance.png.cbb70ba8091c7151984678ad9eceff02.png

Keep in mind that this method is dependent on FOV. If you try doing this at 90 FOV you will run into problems with your mouse falling off at lower FOVs.

5 hours ago, DNAMTE said:

If you ever buy one of them custom mouse pads that covers your entire desk.... your gonna need some serious time to normalise to your 'sensitivity' change :)

Sorry to say it, but it doesn't make any sense. If let's say, you've got a 3 meters mouse pad, would you gonna use it all ? When purchasing a mouse pad, if it covers at least 180 degrees of your movement should be alright it doesn't matter how big it is. If however, it's smaller than your 180, then you will run into some issues.That's all.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:46 PM, MuntyYy said:

Sorry to say it, but it doesn't make any sense. If let's say, you've got a 3 meters mouse pad, would you gonna use it all ? When purchasing a mouse pad, if it covers at least 180 degrees of your movement should be alright it doesn't matter how big it is. If however, it's smaller than your 180, then you will run into some issues.That's all.

I was being sarcastic...