Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

which viewspeed should i use v1 or v2

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for long term effect like memorization, 56.25% will train your body to memorize and remember hand movement better.     Although i used to use viewspeed1 and got  instant result with it.

viewspeed1 might give you a burst of Godly Aim if you play aim training in one game then try to see if it translate to another. This is good but this Godly aim doesn't last...kinda like a temporary performance enhancement. 

56.25% is like improving at a slower rate like 1% each day. Long term effect, you will be miles ahead of the competition 5 years from now.

Edited by tuphac

Distance matching results in arbitrary scaling, so I wouldn't say 56.25% is best for muscle memory. It defines a constant radius to aim to the edge of your 1:1 fov, or in other words, you define a constrained operating area for the mouse when aiming within your field of view. You can become very proficient in wrist or finger aiming if that is all that is required for aiming somewhere on the screen.

It is also imo the only screen *distance* match that is somewhat sensible, as 56.25% is the max percentage to match a screen-space distance vertically, any higher and that distance is outside of the screen vertically, and is only going to be on the screen horizontally, which isn't useful as the distance match is only true under all circumstances for pitch, not yaw. The curvature of your aim depends on the pitch, and in extreme cases like looking up or down, the distance to aim at a point outside of the 1:1 fov is not going to match the distance that you defined. Distance is still arbitrary, but this distance is also a nice balance between scaling correctly (0%) and maintaining view speed.

Edited by Drimzi
6 hours ago, Drimzi said:

Distance matching results in arbitrary scaling, so I wouldn't say 56.25% is best for muscle memory. It defines a constant radius to aim to the edge of your 1:1 fov, or in other words, you define a constrained operating area for the mouse when aiming within your field of view. You can become very proficient in wrist or finger aiming if that is all that is required for aiming somewhere on the screen.

It is also imo the only screen *distance* match that is somewhat sensible, as 56.25% is the max percentage to match a screen-space distance vertically, any higher and that distance is outside of the screen vertically, and is only going to be on the screen horizontally, which isn't useful as the distance match is only true under all circumstances for pitch, not yaw. The curvature of your aim depends on the pitch, and in extreme cases like looking up or down, the distance to aim at a point outside of the 1:1 fov is not going to match the distance that you defined. Distance is still arbitrary, but this distance is also a nice balance between scaling correctly (0%) and maintaining view speed.

Nicely said Master Drimzi. I am indeed becoming more and more proficient with my finger and wrist using this method.  

I play on 70.98 CM/360 and 80% of the time its my finger and wrist making slight adjustment to shoot things. Elbow is almost exclusively just for turning around 180.

Edited by tuphac
  • 3 weeks later...