Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Battlefield USA Coefficient

4 minutes ago, potato psoas said:

I actually have the same problem atm. While I want a bigger monitor I also want to maintain the sensitivity I'm using atm, yet if I do that, I'm only exacerbating the low FOV difficulties I've been having because I'll have to decrease my settings to match my old perceived sensitivity.

Have you tried playing with a bigger monitor ? Whats the size of your current one and how big are we talking about ?

Yeah, I agree. The only reason why I started doubting my settings is cause Battlefield 1 felt weird from the beginning for some reason.

I think I didn't even use USA in BF4 in the beginning, and I was doing just fine. I checked some old battlereports https://i.imgur.com/gH4jbaI.png

Probably it's because BF1 maps are shaped differently and considering how aggressive I play, I get many close range fights and aiming with a sniper some close targets on low sens might feel uncomfortable. The problem can't be solved, so probably the best thing to do is to stick with my settings and improve my own movements when I play, also I should start using use lower magnification on snipers depending on map/playstyle, I just like to shoot on high zoomed targets but it isn't always a good thing.

Sitting further away from the monitor and adjusting is something I will try for sure, thanks for the tip.

Edited by Insight_BF
2 minutes ago, Insight_BF said:

The problem can't be solved, so probably the best thing to do is to stick with my settings and improve my own movements when I play

Your problem can definitely be improved, practice your first shot and how precise it is. You don't need to track with a sniper rifle. And one more thing, most of the pros I know or have watched playing give 0 fux on having "the same sensitivity" across all games. They have different criteria and can adopt to almost any settings you throw at em. 

"Reaction time" most of the times, if not always, surpasses how well you move in a game, how good can you track on your 500hz panel and snap to angles.If your first bullet is a miss you will probably loose the fight against anyone that's decent enough. Is it worth staying 2 meters away from your panel just to match your feel ?

I don't like to argue, but I share a different opinion. Staying further away from your monitor can hinder your reactions and won't necessarily change the way you perceive sensitivity. You move with your arm not your eyes.

Edited by MuntyYy
Just now, MuntyYy said:

Your problem can definitely be improved, practice your first shot and how precise it is. You don't need to track with a sniper rifle. And one more thing, most of the pros I know or have watched playing give 0 fux on having "the same sensitivity" across all games. They have different criteria and can adopt to almost any settings you throw at em. 

Yea I completely agree with that. They just use what "feels good". Actually I can perform extremely well but only under the right conditions.

When I started playing CSGO I managed to find my sensitivity easily, I remember I didn't even know any advanced stuff or strategy about the game at the time, but still I managed to get global just cause my aiming was way better than the other people.

Reaction time is everything, and the "first shot" is the most important in my opinion and I agree with that as well. In games like Battlefield it's not even that important considering the enemies are often kinda bad honestly, in skilled games first shot is crucial.

7 minutes ago, MuntyYy said:

Have you tried playing with a bigger monitor ? Whats the size of your current one and how big are we talking about ?

My current monitor is 22", 16:10. I want a really big one, so I can sit further away from it, for the sake of my eyesight. But I want one with GSYNC, 144hz, low response times and probably blur reduction as well, so basically one of the few monitors on the list. Yet there are none that are big enough to act as a TV lol, and even worse, they are still bigger than my current one. In the end I'm probably going to get the Acer Predator XB241H. I might just end up keeping my settings the same and put up with the slightly faster perceived sensitivity.

2 minutes ago, potato psoas said:

My current monitor is 22"

Mine is 21.5 - 16:9. I as well wanted to purchase the same Acer model, but upon researching I've come to the conclusion that zowie's 250hz one will suit my needs better. 

PS: I will message you on steam, in about 2 hours perhaps we could play a game or 2.

10 minutes ago, MuntyYy said:

Mine is 21.5 - 16:9. I as well wanted to purchase the same Acer model, but upon researching I've come to the conclusion that zowie's 250hz one will suit my needs better. 

PS: I will message you on steam, in about 2 hours perhaps we could play a game or 2.

Do you have a link to the Zowie monitor?

And yeah sure, but you should know that my hand is a bit broken atm. 😕

2 hours ago, MuntyYy said:

Mine is similar, idk what you did

If you convert bf1 no USA to bf1 usa the difference is super small (low magnification)l. If you do the same on bf4 calculations you get a 25cm difference, it's weird. I did nothing, I was just trying to convert my bf4 sens (no uniform soldier aiming) to bf1 sens with uniform aiming on.

Edited by Insight_BF
14 minutes ago, Insight_BF said:

If you convert bf1 no USA to bf1 usa the difference is super smal (low magnification)l. If you do the same on bf4 calculations you get a 25cm difference, it's weird. I did nothing, I was just trying to convert my bf4 sens (no uniform soldier aiming) to bf1 sens with uniform aiming on.

Hopefully @DPI Wizard cam chime in. 

20 hours ago, Drimzi said:

All you did was change the input parameters. You changed the input 360 distance from 84.8 cm to 55 cm, and in both cases, the output tells you what Battlefield 1 zoom sensitivity % is required to match that input.

I think you didn't get my point. I was wondering why disabling USA on bf4 creates such low values.

If I convert my battlefield 4 settings with USA off to bf1, I get 80 cm+ /360 (red dot, 1x)

If I do the exact opposite, which means converting my bf1 settings with USA off to bf4, I get 50cm /360 (1,25x)

That's weird. The fov and magnification are kinda the same, so I was wondering why.

Edited by Insight_BF
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:40 AM, potato psoas said:

The thing is, the higher the coefficient value, the faster the zoom will feel in relation to a higher matched FOV, so that's why 177% feels faster than 133% when zooming. But of course a FOV is going to feel too slow if it is too low. This one situation should not determine which coefficient you use  - if it's too slow then you probably should avoid using the weapon in that particular situation because you really don't need its extra magnification. Use it only if your target is far away enough.

Instead, you should pick a coefficient based on its advantages: 0%MM has better precision at the crosshair, 100%MM (177%) has better overall muscle memory (but worse precision at the crosshair), and everything else leans more towards precision or more towards better overall muscle memory. Though, keep in mind you can go above 100%MM... At this point, what you define as "100%" becomes arbitrary and dependent on your monitor size/sitting distance. We've actually been discussing this in another forum. It's probably a better idea to think in angles rather than distance on the screen due to the concept of perceived size, i.e. you want to match your sensitivity to a point on your monitor of the same visual angle instead of the same percentage of monitor distance.

But how to set the coefficient value to get 0%MM? the default 133% is 75%MM right?