Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Converting hipfire between different similar fov's.

Hi guys, just wanted to know if there's a general consensus on what method to use for converting hipfire sens to different games with similar (but not exactly the same fov's).

If two games differ by say 5 or 6 degrees or less should I be maintaining my 360 distance or using some other conversion? 

The game with the larger fov will look slightly zoomed out but rotating the aim between two objects in game still requires the same mouse movement doesn't it? Because the angle between them is still the same. Although the sensitivity might feel slower also due to the wider fov so im not sure. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, ODSYViper said:

Hi guys, just wanted to know if there's a general consensus on what method to use for converting hipfire sens to different games with similar (but not exactly the same fov's).

If two games differ by say 5 or 6 degrees or less should I be maintaining my 360 distance or using some other conversion?

There's really no point in converting via 360 distance since every other method will give the same result as it. And if you care about accuracy, you might as well convert your sens even if the FOV is different by 5 or 6 degrees.

25 minutes ago, ODSYViper said:

The game with the larger fov will look slightly zoomed out but rotating the aim between two objects in game still requires the same mouse movement doesn't it? Because the angle between them is still the same. Although the sensitivity might feel slower also due to the wider fov so im not sure.

You could say the same thing for converting your sens. 5 or 6 degrees won't make much difference if you have different 360 distances.

1 hour ago, potato psoas said:

There's really no point in converting via 360 distance since every other method will give the same result as it.

Sorry, I'm not really sure what you mean by this part. 

1 hour ago, potato psoas said:

And if you care about accuracy, you might as well convert your sens even if the FOV is different by 5 or 6 degrees. 

Ok thanks, so basically even a small change like 5 degrees is enough to throw off your aim. I guess I just liked the idea of keeping 360 sens the same and thought the small fov change wouldnt have any impact on accuracy. 

28 minutes ago, ODSYViper said:

Sorry, I'm not really sure what you mean by this part.

1038475879_0.thumb.png.bd58facc07edf739ac1ae68ade66a222.png2098434653_360distance.thumb.png.89ce8ebf6151213b4cab0d9c86c33166.pngviewspeed.thumb.png.09047530497e6e9e83de5135293bd276.png

No matter what conversion method you use, they all result in the same 360 distance if converting between the same FOV. Which is why the way you are converting is redundant.

28 minutes ago, ODSYViper said:

Ok thanks, so basically even a small change like 5 degrees is enough to throw off your aim. I guess I just liked the idea of keeping 360 sens the same and thought the small fov change wouldnt have any impact on accuracy. 

Not really, there's just no need to do it. But you might as well have it perfectly converted even if it won't really change much.

And it will be less of a headache having different conversion methods for different aim types. Just use one for everything and be done with it.

Edited by potato psoas