Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Determining ADS/Scoped Sens

For the math wizards: Is there any soundness to dividing your hipfire sensitivity by the scope's magnification to get your scoped sensitivity? For example, if I have an in-game sensitivity of 1, and a 2x magnification scoped weapon, my scoped sensitivity should be 0.50? Same could also be applied to regular ADS sensitivities, whatever additional magnification a particular gun provides. Wouldn't it be the same as 0% MM, considering how tracking is identical so long as you're far away from the target in relation to your weapon's magnification level? I could be totally wrong...I'm not a math guy.

Could someone shed some light on this?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard

No, this won't work.

What 2x magnification actually is varies a lot depending on the game and even the settings within the game, it is not always half the hFOV of your hipfire.

Scope sensitivity also tends to be somewhat linked to the FOV of the scope (all tough to what degree also varies a lot). For instance in PUBG setting all the scope sensitivities to the same value equals 100% MM.

So the bottom line is that there are so many different sensitivity and FOV implementations that you can't rely on one method to do the trick.

19 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

No, this won't work.

What 2x magnification actually is varies a lot depending on the game and even the settings within the game, it is not always half the hFOV of your hipfire.

Scope sensitivity also tends to be somewhat linked to the FOV of the scope (all tough to what degree also varies a lot). For instance in PUBG setting all the scope sensitivities to the same value equals 100% MM.

So the bottom line is that there are so many different sensitivity and FOV implementations that you can't rely on one method to do the trick.

Thank you for the speedy reply. I'm asking because the dev for a game told me that he calculates ADS sensitivity by dividing the in-game sens by whatever magnification it provides. I'm aware that doing the same thing in a game like CSGO won't work, because scopes have their own sensitivity scale which are much lower. I'm really referring to a scenario where if you set the same sensitivity for both hipfire and scope, your aim travels the same distance according to the in-game world. Much like having hipfire/ADS/scoped as same 360 distance. Hope that makes it clearer.

Edited by ScaRy

It's impossible to preserve distances or make sensitivity exactly the same in any aspect.

You can match one single point, with a pure vertical trajectory. Pure horizontal as long as your not looking up or down. Define a point within (or outside) the aperture/monitor using MDH or MDV in the calculator. Doesn't really matter what point, because you will never be aiming based on distances, so just use a % that feels good.

You can preserve the degrees per count, which will be 360 distance in the calculator.

Ideally you should just scale the sensitivity by the change in magnification (the actual magnification, not what most game tooltips say), as that is the variable that changes when you change fov. Since your monitor doesnt grow or shrink to accommodate a change in fov, the image has to magnify. Everything scales by the magnification, and you just undo that change to the sensitivity. Essentially the same sensitivity, but the 'canvas' your aiming on is different, the curvature of the image is different, so it will feel different regardless. Use MDV or MDH at 0% in the calculator to scale by magnification.

3 hours ago, Drimzi said:

It's impossible to preserve distances or make sensitivity exactly the same in any aspect.

You can match one single point, with a pure vertical trajectory. Pure horizontal as long as your not looking up or down. Define a point within (or outside) the aperture/monitor using MDH or MDV in the calculator. Doesn't really matter what point, because you will never be aiming based on distances, so just use a % that feels good.

You can preserve the degrees per count, which will be 360 distance in the calculator.

Ideally you should just scale the sensitivity by the change in magnification (the actual magnification, not what most game tooltips say), as that is the variable that changes when you change fov. Since your monitor doesnt grow or shrink to accommodate a change in fov, the image has to magnify. Everything scales by the magnification, and you just undo that change to the sensitivity. Essentially the same sensitivity, but the 'canvas' your aiming on is different, the curvature of the image is different, so it will feel different regardless. Use MDV or MDH at 0% in the calculator to scale by magnification.

I see where you're coming from. That actually makes a lot of sense. I've been using 50% MDH for almost all the games I play. I see it as the middle ground between being able to do flicks, while still retaining fairly decent tracking. I'll give 0% MDH/MDV a try, because it seems to be the most logical conversion method despite differences in FOV.

Thank you guys for the advice.