Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Does lower FOV mean less discrepancy between different MM%?

I was watching this video and saw the part where it says that the lower the FOV, the smaller the difference between the monitor distance and the FOV.

Correct me if I'm wrong (as this is why I'm making this post to clear my confusion), doesn't that mean having a lower FOV would result in less discrepancy between different monitor match percentages? From what I interpret from the video, if I monitor match at 0% and play at a really high FOV, that would make the difference in monitor distance and FOV bigger, therefore resulting in more discrepancy at higher monitor match percentages; however if I play at a really low FOV, there would be less difference between the monitor distance and the FOV, therefore resulting in less discrepancy and resulting in better muscle memory for other monitor match percentages compared to a higher FOV.

Thanks for any responses to clear my confusion :P

53 minutes ago, SteelAdder said:

I was watching this video and saw the part where it says that the lower the FOV, the smaller the difference between the monitor distance and the FOV.

Correct me if I'm wrong (as this is why I'm making this post to clear my confusion), doesn't that mean having a lower FOV would result in less discrepancy between different monitor match percentages? From what I interpret from the video, if I monitor match at 0% and play at a really high FOV, that would make the difference in monitor distance and FOV bigger, therefore resulting in more discrepancy at higher monitor match percentages; however if I play at a really low FOV, there would be less difference between the monitor distance and the FOV, therefore resulting in less discrepancy and resulting in better muscle memory for other monitor match percentages compared to a higher FOV.

Thanks for any responses to clear my confusion :P

Yes, distortion is more evident at higher FOV, which is why you should not set your FOV too high. 0% ends up becoming too sensitive and 100% feels too slow at the crosshair ruining accurate muscle memory.