Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Interesting Observation regarding fov changes due to ads

So as we are all aware on this site there was a lot of debate as to whether 0%, 100% or viewspeed was the correct way to convert sens across fov's. 

I myself settled for 0% as it made the most logical sense on paper and wasn't a completely arbitrary number. However over the last few days I started to notice that so many r6 pros use the famous ads value of 83 which of course means your ads sens with a red dot is the same as your hipfire sens. I used it for an afternoon and found that my shots were so much faster, smoother and even my tracking than on 0% despite the fov change. 

I then changed the value to 1:1 the acog sight which has a much lower fov and as expected it felt like AIDS. This got me thinking. Why does it feel great on a low zoom sight and like shit on a high zoom. Well what i noticed is that at minimal fov changes the eyes dont even have the attention to notice such a small fov change especially when focused on the xhair and therefore a change in sens throws it off especially when moving.

You can physically feel the fact that the brain has to make less calculations in order to acquire the target. I will test this out further to try and find how the acog zoom fucks with my brain but in meanwhile would anyone who has knowledge of the brain/eyes like to put in some input? @DPI Wizard thoughts?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jabbothehut said:

So as we are all aware on this site there was a lot of debate as to whether 0%, 100% or viewspeed was the correct way to convert sens across fov's. 

I myself settled for 0% as it made the most logical sense on paper and wasn't a completely arbitrary number. However over the last few days I started to notice that so many r6 pros use the famous ads value of 83 which of course means your ads sens with a red dot is the same as your hipfire sens. I used it for an afternoon and found that my shots were so much faster, smoother and even my tracking than on 0% despite the fov change. 

I then changed the value to 1:1 the acog sight which has a much lower fov and as expected it felt like AIDS. This got me thinking. Why does it feel great on a low zoom sight and like shit on a high zoom. Well what i noticed is that at minimal fov changes the eyes dont even have the attention to notice such a small fov change especially when focused on the xhair and therefore a change in sens throws it off especially when moving.

You can physically feel the fact that the brain has to make less calculations in order to acquire the target. I will test this out further to try and find how the acog zoom fucks with my brain but in meanwhile would anyone who has knowledge of the brain/eyes like to put in some input? @DPI Wizard thoughts?

The bigger the FOV difference,  the more jarring having your zoom sens be equivalent to your hipfire senes will be. If you think about it, it's similar to matching 0% on games with vastly different FOVs. Even though the ratio is consistent, the difference is so large that it feels terrible. Obviously, your tracking is faster, you 360 sensitivity is faster, but look at games like Apex (who's default zoom FOV is 0%) you don't see anyone changing that. Is Shroud's tracking hampered by 0% in Apex? 

It seems to be a more placebo thing. Pros are just good at the game, I don't think they would suddenly be worse if they switched to 0%. Why does Coldzera use 1 zoom sens when 0% is mathematically superior? Do you think Coldzera wouldn't be as good if he switched to 0% matching? Maybe at first, but I guarantee you it's not what is separating them from you. This site is designed to develop muscle memory between different games, and 0% is the best at accomplishing that goal.

Most Overwatch snipers use 38 zoom which is 0% BTW, why do you think that is? It's certainly not because of this site. R6 Seige ADS is about 10-15 Cm if you match on 0%, yes noticeably slower, but even at 75% match (pretty much the norm across the industry) it's only a difference of 5cm/360 between that and 0%.

Edited by Bryjoe