Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds)

On 25/09/2017 at 11:02 PM, DPI Wizard said:

Are you playing mostly in 1st person? Since 1st and 3rd person use the same sensitivity but have different FOV's (unless you set 1st person to 80...), you have to choose which one to match sensitivity for. One of them will be different.

So from my understanding there is one FOV that will make it so I can have the same sensitivity in firstperson and thirdperson? Is the FOV 80 or something different?

@DPI Wizard Hi, was wondering if you would mind helping me as well. I'm a bit lost trying to figure out all the different PUBG sensitivities. I want to convert from Overwatch to PUBG and will be playing first person 103 fov. Thank you in advance for any help.

sens: 6.0 - dpi:800 - scope modifier: 38 - fov: 103 - 24 inch monitor - 1920x1080

31 minutes ago, Shaymion said:

Can I get some confirmation that this is indeed how I should set it up to get the closest sensitivity possible, thanks!

This looks close to the settings i get. My OW speed is at 3.5 / 800 DPI

and for PUBG it tells me to go 0.007636 at 80 FOV and 0.008075 for 103 FOV - which is weird because the mouse gets faster at higher fov already so raising the speed doesn't feel right.

1 minute ago, JanSteveRein said:

This looks close to the settings i get. My OW speed is at 3.5 / 800 DPI

and for PUBG it tells me to go 0.007636 at 80 FOV and 0.008075 for 103 FOV - which is weird because the mouse gets faster at higher fov already so raising the speed doesn't feel right.

Woah that's really weird, I would like to hear a wizards thoughts on that.

EDIT: Mine decreases when I set it to 103 FOV, maybe it was a glitch?

Edited by Shaymion
3 minutes ago, Shaymion said:

Woah that's really weird, I would like to hear a wizards thoughts on that.

EDIT: Mine decreases when I set it to 103 FOV, maybe it was a glitch?

I just tried again with config file 2. same result, it is increasing speed. 80 FOV = 29.091016   103 FOV = 30.304535

EDIT: Guess i found the reason. It was set to viewspeed. Is this what i should be going for or should i rather use 360° distance? 

Edited by JanSteveRein
On 9/28/2017 at 9:37 PM, JanSteveRein said:

I just tried again with config file 2. same result, it is increasing speed. 80 FOV = 29.091016   103 FOV = 30.304535

EDIT: Guess i found the reason. It was set to viewspeed. Is this what i should be going for or should i rather use 360° distance? 

I was using viewspeed aswell though... As for your question i'm not sure i've read all the posts on this thread and some were saying use 360° for only Hipfire some saying using Monitor Distance and some saying use only viewspeed... I'm so confused at this point we will have to wait for a Wizard to reply :P

Edited by Shaymion
  • Wizard
4 minutes ago, Traxilla said:

@DPI Wizard Just a quick question for ya. It feels to me like the vertical sensitivity is slower than the horizontal sensitivity. I've tested around with 80 fov and 103, could you confirm this?. And also, is the sensitivity in any way tied to FPS, as it seems to sometimes be inconsistent ingame

I'll test vertical sensitivity later. I have not noticed any issues with FPS and sensitivity.

quick question: since pubg does not have any kind of practice mode and i spend a lot of time moving around / looting without shooting in this game, i am using csgo to keep my muscle memory sharp. the calculator translates my csgo hipfire sens into all those different pubg sensitivities, which is great. but how about if i scope with say the awp. i read somewhere that zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse "0.818933027098955175" should be used to make the 1x scoped sensitivity in csgo feel the same your normal csgo hipfire sensitivity. so, should i use zoom_sensizoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse "0.818933027098955175" in csgo, when i use csgo to practice for pubg?

thanks

Edited by gbtg
edit
  • Wizard

zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse "0.818933" is the same as Monitor Distance 0%.

But what you should use depends on what your settings in PUBG are. If you have all the scopes at the same sensitivity it is the same as Monitor Distance 100%.

If you match all the scopes to Monitor Distance 0% however, 0.818933 is the one you should use.

So I just saw this video and there is some pretty good evidence that the hipfire fov messes with the "zoom" (fov) for the scopes.

Does the calculator reflect this evidence? I think the calculator just has each of the scope's fov locked at their default fov values. The author of the video does say that each scope's fov is normalized, but I wouldn't understand the implications of this...

Just thought that I'd show this to you @DPI Wizard. Idk if this was discuss before in this thread.

Edited by massivelivefun
  • Wizard
1 hour ago, massivelivefun said:

So I just saw this video and there is some pretty good evidence that the hipfire fov messes with the "zoom" (fov) for the scopes.

Does the calculator reflect this evidence? I think the calculator just has each of the scope's fov locked at their default fov values. The author of the video does say that each scope's fov is normalized, but I wouldn't understand the implications of this...

Just thought that I'd show this to you @DPI Wizard. Idk if this was discuss before in this thread.

The FOV for the scopes are fixed and not affected by changing the FOV. So when you are changing the 1st person FOV you will also change the relation between your hipfire FOV and scope FOV, making the scope magnification misleading.

And yes, the calculator accounts for this ;) 

1 minute ago, DPI Wizard said:

Nothings should be changed in the calculations lately, when did you calculate the old sensitivity and what's the difference?

CSGO sens 3, 400 dpi converting to PUBG scoping sens 103 fov, now shows me 50.585765 , before show : 61.xxxxx  what's happening?

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, Dency said:

CSGO sens 3, 400 dpi converting to PUBG scoping sens 103 fov, now shows me 50.585765 , before show : 61.xxxxx  what's happening?

50.585765 is using Viewspeed, 61.xxxxx is using 360 distance as conversion. Make sure the right one is selected and you'll be good!