Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

Read more...

PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds)

@DPI Wizard I noticed a new input.ini file (after the skins update) in the main directory where the .exe is steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64

There's a bunch of interesting stuff there, mainly default ue4 commands, stuff like bEnableFOVScaling, FOVScale and both mouse axis... can you take a look at it? maybe we can change fov scaling now.

Edited by uiki

@DPI Wizard Oh my god, it works.

AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

There's an input.ini. I put in the commands found in the input.ini that i found in the other directory.

[/Script/Engine.InputSettings]
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=MouseX,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=MouseY,Scale=-5.000000) (5 just to test it)

Saved, read only.... and the vertical axis ingame is 5 times the horizontal one. Now the question... what's the correct value to have 1:1 vertical and horizontal sensitivity?

I'm guessing that all the other commands about fov are working as well..

Edited by uiki
  • Wizard
1 minute ago, uiki said:

@DPI Wizard Oh my god, it works.

AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

There's an input.ini. I put in the commands found in the input.ini that i found in the other directory.

AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=MouseY,Scale=-5.000000)

Saved, read only.... and the vertical axis ingame is 5 times the horizontal one. Now the question... what's the correct value to have 1:1 vertical and horizontal sensitivity?

Amazing, I'll take a look at it later!

Try to set the LookUp to 1.428571, that should be 1:1.

Using the mouse scale commands kinda breaks all other binds... to counter it, you can just set gameusersettings.ini as read only put this in input.ini

AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=MouseY,Scale=-1.428571)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="WorldMapZoom",Key=MouseWheelAxis,Scale=1.000000)

I don't really have time to test a full game right now but it seems to be working fine. Can't say if it's precisely 1:1 with 1.428517 as Y scale but it's way, way better than default.

• Wizard
1 hour ago, uiki said:

I don't really have time to test a full game right now but it seems to be working fine. Can't say if it's precisely 1:1 with 1.428517 as Y scale but it's way, way better than default.

1.428571 is assuming it is a straight up multiplier. It might be different, I'll update when I've taken a look at it.

9 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

1.428571 is assuming it is a straight up multiplier. It might be different, I'll update when I've taken a look at it.

Yeah, I was thinking about that.

Turns out the input.ini i got in the exe directory is generated by adding -INPUTINI=input.ini to launch options and then launching the game once. I think it prints all the available commands to use in that ini......... you can do it for every ini there is in the appdata folder. Some stuff i'm not really sure we are supposed to see....

В 27.03.2018 в 20:11, DPI Wizard сказал:

Good day, sir! Did u take a look at it? I don't even want to play this game without appropriate Y axis sense. Please help us! :(

• Wizard
On 3/27/2018 at 18:08, uiki said:

Using the mouse scale commands kinda breaks all other binds... to counter it, you can just set gameusersettings.ini as read only put this in input.ini

I can confirm that this works, and will give you a true 1:1 sensitivity!

Here's how:

Open %LOCALAPPDATA%\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\input.ini and add this to it:

AxisMappings=(AxisName="UI_MapMoveX",Key=MouseX,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="UI_MapMoveY",Key=MouseY,Scale=-1.000000)

You will lose some bindings, I lost all bindings to A and S as well as a few MouseWheelDown ones. You can simply re-bind this in the option menu and they will stay. Making the GameUserSettings.ini file read-only did not work for me.

3 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

I can confirm that this works, and will give you a true 1:1 sensitivity!

Here's how:

Open %LOCALAPPDATA%\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\input.ini and add this to it:

You will lose some bindings, I lost all bindings to A and S as well as a few MouseWheelDown ones. You can simply re-bind this in the option menu and they will stay. Making the GameUserSettings.ini file read-only did not work for me.

that's great! does csgo have 1:1 horizontal:vertical sens?

On 3/20/2018 at 4:15 PM, DPI Wizard said:

My testing indicates that the vertical sensitivity is exactly 70% of the horizontal sensitivity [...]

What method did you use to arrive at this figure?

On 2/20/2018 at 3:34 PM, DPI Wizard said:

ADS: fov_cs_debug 55.41
2X: fov_cs_debug 34.07
4X: fov_cs_debug 15.07
8X: fov_cs_debug 8.28
15X: fov_cs_debug 5

Assuming a 16:9 aspect ratio is used across PUBG and CS, I take this to mean PUBG has the following horizontal scope FOVs:

ADS: 70
2X: 44.44
4X: 20
8X: 11.03
15X: 6.67

Am I interpreting this correctly? If so, this appears to follow the reasoning that the scope magnification values listed on pubg.me are true, and that they're applied to a base 80 FOV:

ADS: 70
2X: 80 ÷ 1.8
4X: 80 ÷ 4
8X: 80 ÷ 7.25
15X: 80 ÷ 12

What steps, if any, have you taken to verify the accuracy of your stated scope FOV values?

• Wizard
17 minutes ago, cheese said:

What method did you use to arrive at this figure?

I measure how many counts you have to move the crosshair vertically to make what you are aiming at hit the top of the screen.

Since we know the FOV, it's just math from there. With the FOV set to 90, the vertical FOV is 58.57. With default in-game sensitivity (50) turning 360 degrees horizontally takes 7200 counts. So doing a vertical 360 (although not possible to test in full) should also be 7200 counts if the relation is 1:1.

However the crosshair to top of the screen distance is 838 counts, equaling a 360 of (838/58.72*360*2)=10275.2 counts. Which means that the horizontal sensitivity is exactly (7200/10275.2)=0.7 or 70% of the vertical.

Different FOV's yield the exact same result, but I've only tested it in 16:9.

31 minutes ago, cheese said:

What steps, if any, have you taken to verify the accuracy of your stated scope FOV values?

A variation of the method as above. I measure distance from crosshair to edge, multiply by 2 and divide by 360 distance. The 360 distance is also directly linked to the FOV for this game, so it's easy to verify (i.e. FOV 40 has exactly double the 360 distance of FOV 80).

I hope you don't mind, i posted this stuff on reddit and on the official forums to get the most visibility possibile.
Anyway, someone said that their map panning was broken after editing their Y axis. To fix it just add this 2 lines to input.ini

Edited by uiki
  • Wizard
5 minutes ago, uiki said:

I hope you don't mind, i posted this stuff on reddit and on the official forums to get the most visibility possibile.
Anyway, someone said that their map panning was broken after editing their Y axis. To fix it just add this 2 lines to input.ini

Saw it, updated the original post! Thanks.

Could somebody help me out with converting my sens? I'm totally lost with PUBG and it's weird conversion.

So I can provide my Rainbow Six Siege settings:

• Vertical: 70
  • Horizontal: 70
  • ADS: 83

• Multiplicator 1: 0.002230
  • Multiplicator 2: 0.020080
  • DPI: 400

• Monitor size: 24 inch

• FOV in PUBG is: 103
  • FOV in R6S is: 90

Thanks for any help :D

Edited by XenoChrist
8 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

I measure how many counts you have to move the crosshair vertically to make what you are aiming at hit the top of the screen.

That's reasonable. Do you make sure to use markers far off in the distance to reduce the error from parallax?

• Wizard
7 hours ago, cheese said:

That's reasonable. Do you make sure to use markers far off in the distance to reduce the error from parallax?

Good point, and for PUBG it's important to use something as far away as possible because the POV in first person is not the center of rotation (it's slightly in front IIRC). For a game like CSGO it  doesn't matter since your POV is in the dead center of rotation.

• Wizard
16 hours ago, R0saParksMyCar said:

Do you guys know if a 21:9 aspect ratio would affect this value? Is there a way I could test it easily?

14 hours ago, BlackSilv3r said:

@DPI WizardHey, what LookUp value will give 1:1 sens on 16:10 aspect ratio?

Just verified that aspect ratio doesn't matter in this case, it's 70% for all resolutions. So the fix works for everyone.