Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds)

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, DOTx4 said:

For example, I use 600 dpi (wps6/11), but I need to input 1200 dpi (wps6/11) to get a similar sense.

Do you get a different output than expected? Changing the DPI does not change the output in terms of distance, the sensitivity is just adjusted to compensate for the changed DPI.

4 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Do you get a different output than expected? Changing the DPI does not change the output in terms of distance, the sensitivity is just adjusted to compensate for the changed DPI.

Is this the result because the windows is 2D and the fps game is 3D?

• Wizard
8 minutes ago, DOTx4 said:

Is this the result because the windows is 2D and the fps game is 3D?

Yeah, the conversion from 2D to 3D does not feel natural for everyone. It depends on your preferences. You can adjust the conversion setup to better suit your preference though.

• 9 months later...

I noticed a long time ago that some guns don't seem to have the same FOVs, even within the same category. Today, I've tried to do a short comparison. I picked the guns up and pointed them at a wall, standing still, while switching back and forth between weapons and looking at reference points on the wall to compare. Some of these are different by mere pixels. And they're all with ironsights, or with their default scopes. Tested on separate machines. @DPI Wizard, if you have the will and patience can you please confirm? Could you potentially update the calculator in some way? There are so many different values though, so I'm not sure how....

Zoom level from largest to smallest:

winchester (SR) > crossbow > m79 smoke launcher (sidearm) > panzerfaust > P90 (AR) > MK14 (DMR) > mini (DMR) > MG3 (LMG) > MK47 (AR)> Other AR/SR/LMG > Other DMR > G36C AR > shotguns > SMG > PP Bizon (SMG) > Tommy (SMG)/Skorpion (sidearm) > r45 (sidearm) > r1895 (sidearm) > sidearms

No idea about the flare gun.

Another fun part comes when you attach scopes. When I noticed the MG3 FOV changed with a red dot but not some of the other guns... oh boy. So many variables.

• Wizard
59 minutes ago, sonorciff said:

I noticed a long time ago that some guns don't seem to have the same FOVs, even within the same category. Today, I've tried to do a short comparison. I picked the guns up and pointed them at a wall, standing still, while switching back and forth between weapons and looking at reference points on the wall to compare. Some of these are different by mere pixels.

It's actually just the camera position that is slightly different between the guns, the FOV is the same. The 360 distance is directly affected by FOV, so if you test that between the guns in the same category it should be identical.

This is a little bit blowing my mind. If you look through the iron sight of a tommy compared with another SMG, you see a considerably larger amount to either side - this is because the camera is further back on the gun, even though the angle is the same? Would this theoretically affect muscle memory?

Edited by sonorciff
  • Wizard
Just now, sonorciff said:

This is a little bit blowing my mind. The camera position, as in, further away or closer to you? So it's the same angle, but you see a different amount because the camera is further away or closer to you based on gun model? If you look through the iron sight of a tommy compared with another SMG, you see a considerably larger amount to either side

Correct, and in first person the camera is always in front if the center of rotation, even in hipfire as it is where your eyes would be.

I made a comparison between the UMP and the Tommy gun now, by just moving forward a tiny bit you can see that the FOV is the same:

smgads.gif

1 minute ago, sonorciff said:

Would this theoretically affect muscle memory?

It's such a small change that I doubt it.

Wow, pretty mental. I was just blindly thinking "same FOV = same visual experience", didn't even consider that. Thank you.

Another question though, how about those weapons that at least seem like they have unique zoom level/FOV? Went into training mode and tried to emulate what you did with the Tommy. Took a couple of pictures but to me it looks like some of them might actually be unique?

winchester - seems like it matches to a 3x, can you confirm?

VSS - seems matched to a 4x?

panzerfaust - kind of looks like an AR 1x, but not sure..

crossbow - I can't seem to match this to any 1x?

P90 - I incorrectly called this an AR, but it's an SMG. It doesn't seem to match 1:1 to SMG or AR 1x though?

m79 smoke launcher (sidearm) - doesn't seem to match to sidearm 1x

Edited by sonorciff
  • Wizard
2 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

and in first person the camera is always in front if the center of rotation, even in hipfire as it is where your eyes would be.

Just to clarify here, this is for PUBG specifically, not in general. Most games have the camera in the center of rotation, but for Unreal Engine 4 games is quite common to have it slightly in front.

2 minutes ago, sonorciff said:

Went into training mode and tried to emulate what you did with the Tommy. Took a couple of pictures but to me it looks like some of them are different?

What did you compare it to?

39 minutes ago, sonorciff said:

winchester - seems like it matches to a 3x, can you confirm?

crossbow - I can't seem to match this to any 1x?

P90 - I incorrectly called this an AR, but it's an SMG. It doesn't seem to match 1:1 to SMG or AR 1x though?

m79 smoke launcher (sidearm) - doesn't seem to match to sidearm 1x

panzerfaust - no idea also

These are all unique actually, so I've added the Win94, crossbow and P90 now.

• Wizard
6 minutes ago, sonorciff said:

The m79 is in training mode with side arms, and so is the VSS (sorry I keep editing my posts). I think both of them are only found in one block of buildings and not the other, if that makes sense..

m79 is with side arms and the VSS is with DMRs.

Ok, the m79 and the Panzerfaust are the same.

Added the VSS now :)

• Wizard
1 hour ago, wo0lfie said:

Which config is file 1, and which config is file 2?

it's confusing me and i dont seem to get things right

Each sensitivity in the PUBG config file consists of two values, "Sensitivity" and "LastConvertedSensitivity".

Config file 1 is for the "Sensitivity" value, while Config file 2 is for the "LastConvertedSensitivity" value.

If you use config file 1 and "All" you will get the whole syntax for the config file.

• Wizard
43 minutes ago, wo0lfie said:

Oh! Thanks!

Do I put it in one of these?

1 -> GameUserSettings      - Configuration settings
2 -> GameUserSettings.ini - Backup File
3 -> GameUserSettings.ini - Origin File

It should be the "GameUserSettings.ini" file located in the folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 11:27 PM, sonorciff said:

6 minutes ago, daybes said:

yeah i ctrl+F SensitiveMap, found the array and copy pasted it

Guaranteed it’s a simple character missing or added. It’s just like writing software code or powershell scripts. Their needs to be no mistakes, make sure you copy and paste and replace the exact correct text and brackets etc and don’t add spaces or anything else. This is scripting 101