Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Apex Legends - incorrect calculations?

Hello everybody,

While playing Apex Legends I encountered a problem about sensitivity during ads/scope. My settings are kinda different from average player - I have the same 1x ADS's FOV as my hipfire does.
To do that I have to change FOV on scoping with a bind and as we know sensitivity on ADS changes with the change of FOV. That's where calculations had a little problem for me.
My hipfire sensitivity results in 52cm/360 (0.4995625 / 1600 DPI). HFOV stays at 110 so when scoping - bind changes cl_FovScale to 1.566500. Calculations say I should set zoom_sens at 1.323147 but that results in lower sensitivity (check video). By changing zoom_sens by 0.1 each time to get the same sens - finally I got 1.332.
Hope it's only small problem to solve :)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, for being that late, here it is:
original fov: cl_fovScale 1.341899
bind: bind_US_standard "mouse2" "+zoom; cl_fovScale 1.566500"

However, I have feeling like zoom_sens at 1.332 is a little bit (like 1-3%) faster than my hipfire but that could be caused by viewmodel (weapon moving to centre of screen).

Edited by BlasQu
18 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

BTW, what does the bind changing the FOV look like?

Also, maybe useful note:
FOV multiplier stays at 1.341899 which results in 110 HFOV in hipfire *in calculator*, however a FOV at 1.556500 has 105.5 degrees HFOV in ads but on the video FOV is the same so we have 0.5 discrepency. 

Edited by BlasQu
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/8/2019 at 10:23, BlasQu said:

Hola a todos,

mientras jugaba Apex Legends encontré un problema sobre la sensibilidad durante los anuncios / alcance. Mi configuración es un poco diferente a la del jugador promedio: tengo el mismo FOV de 1x ADS que mi hipfire.
Para hacer eso, tengo que cambiar el FOV en el alcance con un enlace y, como sabemos, la sensibilidad en ADS cambia con el cambio del FOV. Ahí es donde los cálculos tuvieron un pequeño problema para mí.
Mi sensibilidad de hipfire resulta en 52cm / 360 (0.4995625 / 1600 DPI). HFOV se mantiene en 110, por lo que al determinar el alcance, bind cambia cl_FovScale a 1.566500. Los cálculos dicen que debería establecer zoom_sens en 1.323147, pero eso resulta en una menor sensibilidad (ver video). Al cambiar zoom_sens por 0.1 cada vez para obtener el mismo sentido, finalmente obtuve 1.332.
Espero que sea solo un pequeño problema para resolver :)

How did you make your Hipfire and ADS the same?
What method did you use?
Could you explain to me, I'm something new in this and I don't know how to make my ADS and Hipfire the same

5 hours ago, zlFrosT said:

How did you make your Hipfire and ADS the same?
What method did you use?
Could you explain to me, I'm something new in this and I don't know how to make my ADS and Hipfire the same

In the calculator select for game 1:

1. Apex Legends => Hipfire and put in your settings

For game 2

1. Apex Legends => Scope you want to convert to (For example x1) and put in the same settings as above
  2. Now select in the dropdown at the top of the calculator under ADS (360° Distance)

Done!
(Still not recommended to do this type of conversion since you're FOV is a lot smaller you will have the feeling you fly over you're screen)
I recommend using Horizontal Monitor Distance 0% or 100% if you have the feeling 0% is a bit slow.

Grtz

3 minutes ago, Bernd Matthys said:

En la calculadora, selecciona para el juego 1:

1. Apex Legends => Hipfire y poner en su configuración

Para el juego 2

1. Apex Legends => Alcance al que desea convertir (por ejemplo x1) y poner en la misma configuración que arriba
  2. Ahora seleccione en el menú desplegable en la parte superior de la calculadora en ADS (360 ° Distancia)

¡Hecho!
(Todavía no se recomienda hacer este tipo de conversión, ya que su FOV es mucho más pequeño, tendrá la sensación de que vuela sobre su pantalla)
. Recomiendo usar la Distancia del monitor horizontal 0% o 100% si tiene la sensación 0% es un poco lento

Grtz

Ok I'll try Thanks

• 1 month later...