Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

desktop 1920x1080 vs CSGO 4:3 1280x960 & 16:9 1920x1080 while same fov

I have heard that playing 4:3 1280x960 is the same as playing 16:9 1920x1080 but with 'papers covering the displayscreen' meaning the fov is the same

thats why the sensitivity doesn't change when changeing these settings for a 360 rotation,

Then the desktop sensitivity convert-calculation to csgo is based from the centre to the edge of the windows screen. 

but when converting  sensitivity windows 6/11 to csgo differs between the 1280x960 and the 1920x1080.

Then i don't get the comparison between the 1280x960 and 1920x1080 and 'same but papers covering the displayscreen'

windows 6/11

>>

csgo res 1920x1080

ingame sensitvity: 2.515629

windows 6/11

>>

csgo res 1280x960

ingame sensitivity : 2.130682

seems like the calculation from desktop to csgo shows there is a difference in fov between the 1920x1080 and 1280x960

i don't get it, please help

Edited by ar no
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard

I have heard that playing 4:3 1280x960 is the same as playing 16:9 1920x1080 but with 'papers covering the displayscreen'

This is correct...

meaning the fov is the same

...but this is not.

The FOV is increased to account for the wider resolution. Which is why your two examples result in a different sensitivity.

Using your paper as an example, the edge of the monitor for 4:3 is where the paper begins, while for 16:9 it is all the way to the actual edge.

ok thx for the reply!

1 more question then:

coming from fullscreen desktop 1920x1080 to 4:3 with blackbars isn't that a too big difference because the size of the screen is litterly smaller, therefor more difficult to get that same cursorsensitivity experience based on the humaneye fov. seems going 1:1 from fullscreen16:9desktop  to fullscreen16:9ingame seems much easier. what do you think about that?

As long as the vertical FOV is the same, then the sensitivity is the same.

Thanks man. This is csgo where FOV doesnt change across the 2 monitors so I'm guessing it's all good in this aspect.

EDIT: Nevermind looked at the hfov and vfov in the calculator and both remain the same across both resolutions so would indeed not change. Thanks again dude!

Edited by jabbothehut

Thanks for all the info man! Yeh I did notice that when ingame the 900p speed felt slower but at the same time "natural" if that makes sense? I'm back on 1080p in 2 weeks but in the meanwhile playing at 900p for that duration shouldn't affect muscle memory "too much" then if what you say is true.

Edited by jabbothehut