My Friendly Neighborhood

There's a lot of negative acceleration with fast movements, expect some discrepancy.
Read more...

Steel Hunters

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

V Rising

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Vigor

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

MULLET MADJACK

The config file might use either comma (,) or period (.) as the decimal separator depending on your locale settings.
Read more...

Is there a "TRUE" fov in each game ?

Guest ZSfGuBcu

Guest ZSfGuBcu

Hi 

so i am not sure if this has been posted here but i searched and did not find a post about it and not even sure if it makes any sense or not . 

in pretty much all the modern games you have the ability to change the fov of the game , but if you change it to an extreme level ( for example 110 fov on csgo ) you can see that most objects look strange and not the way they are intended to look . 

no i am wondering is there a " true " fov for each game that all the objects like gun models and how natural the game looks ? like do they make the game on one fov in mind and model everything with that fov but allow the players to use whatever they are comfortable with ? 

i am asking this because if you can see the whole effect of fov change on extreme levels i am sure it is also happening on lower values but it is less noticeable , so there has to be a number that the game looks the most realistic when it comes to object sizes and the map (?) 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ZSfGuBcu
4 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Usually this I recon. The default FOV is probably what they developed the game for.

Hey @DPI Wizard

so you think that the FOV that is basically the models and objects were created around is the fov that when you open a game for the first time and it is defaulted to ? which is usually the lowest part of the slider for most games ? 

i always thought they made the game open on lowest Fov so it would be more stable and it can be less intensive on the PC . 

like i have looked into this for a few hours and there is not much about it that you can find but i have came across a claim many many times that " in order to get the true FOV of csgo you have to run the game at 4:3 with black bars " which does not make that much sense to me honestly . maybe they thought since the Fov type of csgo is Hdeg 4:3 you have to play it on 4:3 ? 

Edited by ZSfGuBcu

You don't have to...many people use 4:3 because of they wanna win. In my case csgo have the true fov (with original monitor settings),this is why people always convert fov from csgo (|weapon fov and coordinates can be adjust without enable sv_cheat, I have no ideo...).If I will develop an fps game I will do the same as csgo.

Edited by xiaomantou