Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Is there a "TRUE" fov in each game ?

Guest ZSfGuBcu

Guest ZSfGuBcu

Hi 

so i am not sure if this has been posted here but i searched and did not find a post about it and not even sure if it makes any sense or not . 

in pretty much all the modern games you have the ability to change the fov of the game , but if you change it to an extreme level ( for example 110 fov on csgo ) you can see that most objects look strange and not the way they are intended to look . 

no i am wondering is there a " true " fov for each game that all the objects like gun models and how natural the game looks ? like do they make the game on one fov in mind and model everything with that fov but allow the players to use whatever they are comfortable with ? 

i am asking this because if you can see the whole effect of fov change on extreme levels i am sure it is also happening on lower values but it is less noticeable , so there has to be a number that the game looks the most realistic when it comes to object sizes and the map (?) 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ZSfGuBcu
4 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Usually this I recon. The default FOV is probably what they developed the game for.

Hey @DPI Wizard

so you think that the FOV that is basically the models and objects were created around is the fov that when you open a game for the first time and it is defaulted to ? which is usually the lowest part of the slider for most games ? 

i always thought they made the game open on lowest Fov so it would be more stable and it can be less intensive on the PC . 

like i have looked into this for a few hours and there is not much about it that you can find but i have came across a claim many many times that " in order to get the true FOV of csgo you have to run the game at 4:3 with black bars " which does not make that much sense to me honestly . maybe they thought since the Fov type of csgo is Hdeg 4:3 you have to play it on 4:3 ? 

Edited by ZSfGuBcu

You don't have to...many people use 4:3 because of they wanna win. In my case csgo have the true fov (with original monitor settings),this is why people always convert fov from csgo (|weapon fov and coordinates can be adjust without enable sv_cheat, I have no ideo...).If I will develop an fps game I will do the same as csgo.

Edited by xiaomantou