Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Beat Aim

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Mine defaulted to 87.3376 for some reason, strange.

Turns out my config is due to beta version. After disabling cloud sync, deleting the config, and instead of opening the game to generate a new config, I validated the game files instead, and it created a new config.

"MouseSensitivity": 1.2999999523162842,
"FovVertical": 87.33760070800781,

Dev says he will revert the defaults next patch, as the current default config.txt is his personal config.txt.

Hi, gamedev here. Thanks for adding game to the website. As Drimzi said it was my config with 105 in-game Apex fov.

@DPI Wizard You should think about making some kind of paid rest api for games to use. I'd buy it and integrate simple calculator into BeatAim. Credentials or key could be used to authenticate requests and communication between servers.

• Wizard
23 minutes ago, kamyker said:

Hi, gamedev here. Thanks for adding game to the website. As Drimzi said it was my config with 105 in-game Apex fov.

That makes sense, I've set the default FOV to 90 now.

24 minutes ago, kamyker said:

@DPI Wizard You should think about making some kind of paid rest api for games to use. I'd buy it and integrate simple calculator into BeatAim. Credentials or key could be used to authenticate requests and communication between servers.

Yes, and I almost have one ready actually. You can see a manual test of it here (this link will only work for you) where you select a game and a sensitivity, and whenever you change game the sensitivity will be calculated.

There are a few issues however. This example is using all default values (FOV, aspect ratio, multipliers, Windows Pointer Speed etc). This will make a lot of conversion invalid depending on what settings the user actually have. So ideally any conversion will need all the fields in the calculator (except monitor size) to be accurate, but then it gets very complicated.

So it's not easy to find a good and user-friendly solution to this.

51 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

There are a few issues however. This example is using all default values (FOV, aspect ratio, multipliers, Windows Pointer Speed etc). This will make a lot of conversion invalid depending on what settings the user actually have. So ideally any conversion will need all the fields in the calculator (except monitor size) to be accurate, but then it gets very complicated.

So it's not easy to find a good and user-friendly solution to this.

For the simplest usage I imagine user would type only input in-game sensitivity and FOV (maybe dpi also if it matters?). There are many values that can be provided by the game itself and assume that same settings are used in the input game. Resolution, aspect ratio, even win pointer speed seems easy to get in C# (Unity): stackoverflow.com 

I guess for now I will open Steam overlay with your website :)

@Edit
Would be good if api also converted fov. Imo this could be the case also on the website and this value converted:

calc.png

Edited by kamyker
  • 1 year later...