Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Apex to valorant for kovaak, 0%, focal length?

Hello,

basically i tried to follow what people told me on the forum before when i was setting my sensitivity for apex and other games like BFV (or warzone which was very brief).
Reading more topics proved that using a low sensitivity in apex was a bad move (i use 90fov in apex which is a true 73.02111 vfov), my former sensitivity was 37cm for a 360 in apex.

I am currently playing a bit of valorant and i wanted to train my aim in kovaak, after reading aim7 guide i decided to pick a 360 distance for versability which is 27cm (close-ish, wondering if 25cm might be better, hum).
Mind you i am playing on a 65" tv at 1440p resolution (for the 120hz refresh rate or i would be playing in 4k).

The idea is using the 0% method.

The problem is that valorant has a fixed fov of 103 hfov (or 70.5328 vfov) which makes everything tricky.

Apparently i am supposed to use the focal length method for valorant if i want to train for both games at the same time in kovaak.
Does that mean i have to play valorant with a custom resolution?
If so what should i use for kovaak ? (also, i am currently using valorant sensitivity in kovaak but going to valorant after my training session feels weird, like the sensitivity isn't the same)

I joined what i currently have setup in the calculator, not sure this is correct.

My dpi is 800.
Any input would be appreciated.

ps : this topic is discussing some settings for windows related to the desktop sens, is that something i should care about aswell?

chrome_rhKxns7sF4.png

Edited by tirrorex
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, tirrorex said:

Hello,

basically i tried to follow what people told me on the forum before when i was setting my sensitivity for apex and other games like BFV (or warzone which was very brief).
Reading more topics proved that using a low sensitivity in apex was a bad move (i use 90fov in apex which is a true 73.02111 vfov), my former sensitivity was 37cm for a 360 in apex.

I am currently playing a bit of valorant and i wanted to train my aim in kovaak, after reading aim7 guide i decided to pick a 360 distance for versability which is 27cm (close-ish, wondering if 25cm might be better, hum).
Mind you i am playing on a 65" tv at 1440p resolution (for the 120hz refresh rate or i would be playing in 4k).

The idea is using the 0% method.

The problem is that valorant has a fixed fov of 103 hfov (or 70.5328 vfov) which makes everything tricky.

Apparently i am supposed to use the focal length method for valorant if i want to train for both games at the same time in kovaak.
Does that mean i have to play valorant with a custom resolution?
If so what should i use for kovaak ? (also, i am currently using valorant sensitivity in kovaak but going to valorant after my training session feels weird, like the sensitivity isn't the same)

I joined what i currently have setup in the calculator, not sure this is correct.

My dpi is 800.
Any input would be appreciated.

ps : this topic is discussing some settings for windows related to the desktop sens, is that something i should care about aswell?

chrome_rhKxns7sF4.png

1. the aimer7 guide is pretty outdated if you want to play tac fps games (csgo val) upper 30cm is the lowest you can "reliably" go  if you don't want to struggle /consistently aim train 

if you use the correct body parts for the correct movements  you shouldn't struggle that much 

2. 0% is the most "reliable " option  available and i wouldn't consider it any worse for flicking than 100%

3.  a 65" tv at 1440p resolution for the 120hz refresh rate interpolated "120" fps i assume since those are hardly even a thing 

4.image.png.874f11c37494742b8a4c264ac0094d9e.png self explanatory

( share your calculations so we can edit them and show you what you can and shouldn't do without having to put 10 mins of effort into something that you might as well have done already )

5.image.png.1473f2169fb8b910dcf76e39b6775ec2.png has 3-5 threads that explain the topic reasonably  well and yes its the best option if you arent jumping from 120 fov to 80fov at a time 

-----------------------------------------

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=d4939fece31dcd5f3b453b75aa949336

this is the setup i currently test for no obvious reason (using it as an example )

if i wanted the same "feel" id do this ( since windows to set fov focal length doesn't work any other way )

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=321a1c9f4b81dadaeb930bda2455ec70

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by fortunate reee
il y a 4 minutes, fortunate reee a dit :

1. the aimer7 guide is pretty outdated if you want to play tac fps games (csgo val) upper 30cm is the lowest you can "reliably" go  if you don't want to struggle /consistently aim train

2. 0% is the most "reliable " option  available and i wouldn't consider it any worse for flicking than 100%

3.  a 65" tv at 1440p resolution for the 120hz refresh rate interpolated "120" fps i assume since those are hardly even a thing 

4.image.png.874f11c37494742b8a4c264ac0094d9e.png self explanatory

( share your calculations so we can edit them and show you what you can and shouldn't do without having to put 10 mins of effort into something that you might as well have done already )

5.image.png.1473f2169fb8b910dcf76e39b6775ec2.png has 3-5 threads that explain the topic reasonably  well and yes its the best option if you arent jumping from 120 fov to 80fov at a time 

-----------------------------------------

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=d4939fece31dcd5f3b453b75aa949336

this is the setup i currently test for no obvious reason (using it as an example )

if i wanted the same "feel" id do this ( since windows to set fov focal length doesn't work any other way )

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=321a1c9f4b81dadaeb930bda2455ec70

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - yes, i bumped into the addendum made by Tammas. The 27cm are based on what aim7 recommanded for the complete routine, my apex sens used to be 37cm though, makes it very tricky for the tracking scenarios in kovaak as i have to replace the mouse very often. (apex being my main game, only have 20games in valorant so far).
You're saying i should not changed my sens at all and keep the 37cm i had ?

2 - i assume it is the same for tracking ?

3 - LG oled, we even have gsync now :D the refresh rate is native.

4 - My bad, didn't see the share button : https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=b29250e7c12f863d0e5b9a0562584d8d

5 - still reading on this, a bit tricky to understand but i will get there :)