Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Cod Cold War different ADS for all weapons

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly do you mean with "same sensitivity"? Different weapons (even ARs vs SMGs) have different FOVs when ADS, meaning it won't really be the same anyhow. If you refer to moving your mouse the same distance for 360 measurement than this is heavily discouraged and not something you would be able to achieve for all weapons, you'd have to choose.

What you realistically want is to use relative and then experiment with the monitor  distance coefficient value, this value is what scales the sensitivity for different FOVs (aka different weapons when ADS). The default is 1.33 which is the same as CS GO and other games and this means, presuming you use a 16:9 monitor, you are matching 75% of your monitor distance. 

I'd recommend reading this excellent thread if you want to have a better understanding of this concept, but if you want to keep it simple: If 1.33 feels too slow, go for 1.78 which will match your monitor distance 100%. If it is too fast, try 0% which is actually by a lot of people (including clever ones who have done the maths) the preferred value, and is what Apex Legends eg uses by default. If you've never used this, it will take some time getting used to and on a lower base sensitivity, sniper scopes might be difficult but for tracking with regular guns, it has improved my tracking greatly. 

Otherwise, go with any arbitrary value between 0 and 1.78 as this means it will still scale all ADS FOVs with this value, whichever you feel is best.

Edited by Wiet Pot

I prefer all weapons to move the same 360º distance, I don't care that the speed is visually different in each weapon if they all move the same distance since I aim with my arm without having to look at the sight of the weapon (I have been playing with the same sensitivity in hipifire and ads in all weapons for a long time, so I have it quite mechanized, I do not like to play in any other way). In modern warfare I have legacy activated and ads in 1 and in black ops 4 I have it in legacy and ads 1.43, the sensitivity is the same for all weapons in both games (at the speed at which they move when moving the mouse and distance). I use field of view ads in affected. I have also tried to change the distance coefficient monitor, but it is not even close to how I want to put it. But like you told me before I guess it can't be done in this game. Thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, Wiet Pot said:

What exactly do you mean with "same sensitivity"? Different weapons (even ARs vs SMGs) have different FOVs when ADS, meaning it won't really be the same anyhow. If you refer to moving your mouse the same distance for 360 measurement than this is heavily discouraged and not something you would be able to achieve for all weapons, you'd have to choose.

What you realistically want is to use relative and then experiment with the monitor  distance coefficient value, this value is what scales the sensitivity for different FOVs (aka different weapons when ADS). The default is 1.33 which is the same as CS GO and other games and this means, presuming you use a 16:9 monitor, you are matching 75% of your monitor distance. 

I'd recommend reading this excellent thread if you want to have a better understanding of this concept, but if you want to keep it simple: If 1.33 feels too slow, go for 1.78 which will match your monitor distance 100%. If it is too fast, try 0% which is actually by a lot of people (including clever ones who have done the maths) the preferred value, and is what Apex Legends eg uses by default. If you've never used this, it will take some time getting used to and on a lower base sensitivity, sniper scopes might be difficult but for tracking with regular guns, it has improved my tracking greatly. 

Otherwise, go with any arbitrary value between 0 and 1.78 as this means it will still scale all ADS FOVs with this value, whichever you feel is best.

I prefer all weapons to move the same 360º distance, I don't care that the speed is visually different in each weapon if they all move the same distance since I aim with my arm without having to look at the sight of the weapon (I have been playing with the same sensitivity in hipifire and ads in all weapons for a long time, so I have it quite mechanized, I do not like to play in any other way). In modern warfare I have legacy activated and ads in 1 and in black ops 4 I have it in legacy and ads 1.43, the sensitivity is the same for all weapons in both games (at the speed at which they move when moving the mouse and distance). I use field of view ads in affected. I have also tried to change the distance coefficient monitor, but it is not even close to how I want to put it. But like you told me before I guess it can't be done in this game. Thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...