Soulmask

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Blood, Fuel, Ammo & Speed

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the registry calculation for best accuracy.
Read more...

My Friendly Neighborhood

There's a lot of negative acceleration with fast movements, expect some discrepancy.
Read more...

Steel Hunters

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

V Rising

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Either this Calculator is to complicated or I'm just stupid

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard

It is quite complicated indeed, but that's out of necessity. All the settings are needed to support all the games in the calculator, but most games do not use all fields. There is a "Simple" mode which locks as many options as possible down to pre-defined settings, but this takes a lot of the customization away.

If you link a conversion and tell me how if feels wrong I'm sure we can figure it out.

2 hours ago, AaronB98 said:

the hipfire senses work pretty good but scopesenses dont. No matter which game its always way to fast or way to slow...

i did read the whole guide on how to use the calculator and i guess i'm just not smart enough to get it

Convert to scopes using a monitor distance instead of 360 distance. It makes no sense to convert 360 distance when aiming as it's only useful for consistent mouse swipes for turning corners and looking behind, which are low precision movements by nature and only useful for hipfire where you will be primarily navigating a map.

Monitor distance basically compares the difference in hipfire and scope fov and applies that change to the sensitivity. Due to the 3D -> 2D projection, the fov difference changes based on where you take the measurement. At 0% the change is equal to the magnification, at 100% it will be the change in vertical or horizontal fov seen on the screen, at infinite % all fovs are equal to 180 degrees so there is zero change and you just end up with 360 distance. Lower % has more change, higher % has less change, find a % that doesn't feel too slow or too fast for all fovs.

The thing is i'm trying to convert from cs:go to BFV. Hipfire feels good but i dont know how to get the scopes right. i saw a video that showed how to get the monitor distance on scopes and that the 360° distance is way to sensetive. I read in the guide that shooters like Battlefield are pretty complicated to set up because of its weird vertical distance calculation and that was the point where i've got no idea how to do things. Like should i put scope and ads on horizontal distance... or which percentage should i put in the scaling.

image.thumb.png.dec8be0c707f71f40c36ad006ea3dff0.png

I hope this is enough for you to figure it out somehow. Pls ask for additional information if needed.

• Wizard

The these settings would replicate the scopes from CSGO to BFV the best:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=f5248a6808a4a4d17bcd94f3080b56e5

I've used 1.335088 as the GstInput.SoldierZoomSensitivityAll value here instead of setting all the zoom sensitivities to this value as calculated here:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=bbe64deabe5bfa0cafd0cb0bf62034f4