My Friendly Neighborhood

There's a lot of negative acceleration with fast movements, expect some discrepancy.
Read more...

Steel Hunters

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

V Rising

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Vigor

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

MULLET MADJACK

The config file might use either comma (,) or period (.) as the decimal separator depending on your locale settings.
Read more...

The Evil Within 2

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard
9 hours ago, IceCold said:

Recently played on xbox game pass and these values feel way too low

I just checked the game now, and the calculations are correct at least for the Steam version. Make sure you set the Mouse Sensitivity and not the Camera X-Axis and Y-Axis Sensitivity, those are for the controller only.

• 2 years later...
Posted (edited)

I'm surprised nobody hasn't verified this. I will be on the Steam version for this one.

Apparently: The Evil Within 2 has forced smoothing (and maybe acceleration, but I doubt it), trying to use either "m_smooth" and "m_sensitivity" do not work. (did you know that The Evil Within 2's Engine is a heavily modified version of id Tech 5)?

However: First-Person mode is not affected by it, as long as it doesn't switch to Third-Person mode during specific sequence or you press/hold the Aiming button.

Edited by AL2009man
Added more info. FPS Mode's aiming is affected by the smoothing.

quick update: upon further investigation: the smoothing gets increased whenever you try to use Simultaneous Inputs (Mixed Inputs) as well. Basically: whenever a Game Controller is active.

First-Person mode isn't affected by this.