Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Zylotes C-18 Vertical mouse. (is it different?)

Obviously, the mouse is PHYSICALLY shaped different, but i was wondering if any of you techies could answer this; Does using a vertical mouse require a different sensitivity? I usually use a relatively low sens with a dpi of 800, but i find it difficult to match this up in aim.pro.... any tips or full on answers would be greatly appreciated!

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking just of the difference from vertical mice to normal mice here. I'm assuming otherwise it's an identical mouse, for the purpose of this conversation. Different electronic components are different, obviously :)

You shouldn't require different sens, but you will have a greater ability to move at the wrist (some 300% greater motion, with a huge amount less stress, it's a big deal) which means better control of finer movement; basically you can run a higher sens if you want, without the potential loss of precision that would normally come of it. Or you can just run the same sens and get better precision.

You're going to have to train your brain that the 'left and right at the wrist' movement is now 'up and down at the wrist' (actually it's the opposite, I'm speaking from the perspective of a 'normal' mouse user) which is very easy - you just use the mouse - but takes some time as you are physically destroying mental pathways and creating new ones (you're also going to be reconditioning muscles and stuff but that's less relevant here). If you've ever been forced to use a mouse left-handed (if you've ever broken an arm you know what I mean) you know that it just suddenly 'clicks' after some time and then feels completely normal. Same will happen for changing to a vertical mouse. It's usually about 2 weeks. If you want it to be fast, don't swap from one to the other, force yourself to use the new one all the time.

TL;DR just give it time.