Read more...

DUCKSIDE

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Calcium Contract

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Containment Zone

See the game notes for instructions on how to set the sensitivity.
Read more...

Modern Warships

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the registry calculation for best accuracy.
Read more...

Room Clearing in Siege or CQC FPS Games in General

This is more of a practice of fundamentals paired with a sensitivity question. In Siege (Escape From Tarkov, Zero Hour, BattleField, even any game with a battle royal), when clearing a room, is it best to ADS when clearing a room with unknown enemies inside or to clear with hipfire and then ADS when finding a target? I know in real life, the idea is to keep your weapon system down so you can fully see those who are in the room and then "snap" into those targets but the weapon does spray randomly when point shooting like it does in most video games. With that in mind, it seems as if ADS is better to quickly get accurate shots but this requires higher sens when ADS'ing. "Snapping" in video games can work but it takes a little longer, however you can move faster when in hipfire. If this is not the best place to ask, where can I ask? Who would know better? Thank you for your time.

11 minutes ago, Toast-Tea said:

This is more of a practice of fundamentals paired with a sensitivity question. In Siege (Escape From Tarkov, Zero Hour, BattleField, even any game with a battle royal), when clearing a room, is it best to ADS when clearing a room with unknown enemies inside or to clear with hipfire and then ADS when finding a target? I know in real life, the idea is to keep your weapon system down so you can fully see those who are in the room and then "snap" into those targets but the weapon does spray randomly when point shooting like it does in most video games. With that in mind, it seems as if ADS is better to quickly get accurate shots but this requires higher sens when ADS'ing. "Snapping" in video games can work but it takes a little longer, however you can move faster when in hipfire. If this is not the best place to ask, where can I ask? Who would know better? Thank you for your time.

dont know about the other games, but these days due to countless ads time nerfs id highly suggest pre aiming angles and potential enemies in siege, that used to be meta when i actively played and it should still be the go to due to the fact that ttk is extremely low so you wont always have time to flick across the room ( which generally is unneccesary and over rated )

tldr: when you expect an enemy ads

1 minute ago, fortunate reee said:

dont know about the other games, but these days due to countless ads time nerfs id highly suggest pre aiming angles and potential enemies in siege, that used to be meta when i actively played and it should still be the go to due to the fact that ttk is extremely low so you wont always have time to flick across the room ( which generally is unneccesary and over rated )

tldr: when you expect an enemy ads

That's fair enough, so with that in mind. Would you practice ADS with something like a 360 1:1 ratio with hipfire, or a Monitor Distance - Horizontal 1:1 ratio?

From what I've realized is that it takes higher skill to use the 360'ish style to make good flicks and save you a 2v1 scenario; engaging with one, lets say the right side and then having to deal with another swinging out from a different room on the left side. With the MDH version, you'd have to re-ADS into the second target but with the 360, you could just stay ADS.

8 minutes ago, Toast-Tea said:

That's fair enough, so with that in mind. Would you practice ADS with something like a 360 1:1 ratio with hipfire, or a Monitor Distance - Horizontal 1:1 ratio?

i dont do ads 360 distance, that never worked well used to be something that was preached about in the siege community but really wasnt worth it

i prefer 0% mdh/ 0% mdv

4 minutes ago, Toast-Tea said:

takes higher skill to use the 360'ish style

its simply worse thanother methods so it takes needless amounts of effort to get good with.

4 minutes ago, Toast-Tea said:

you'd have to re-ADS into the second target but with the 360, you could just stay ADS.

you really dont

the loger you use 0% the quicker you notice that each zoom level has its own 360 distance and that typically feels more natural.

a huge falsehood in the fps scene is believeing that being able to flick like shroud is "good" when in reality a good player will have the game knowledge to knwo where to aim making flicks unnecessary.

if you constantly have to 180 deg in order to hit you are likely doing smth really wrong

Edited by fortunate reee
19 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

i dont do ads 360 distance, that never worked well used to be something that was preached about in the siege community but really wasnt worth it

i prefer 0% mdh/ 0% mdv 

Speaking of which, what is the difference between 100% mdh/ 100% mdv and 0% mdh/0%mdv. I'll rewatch the video to that's on here but if you could explain it, maybe it'll make more sense. 

35 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

its simply worse thanother methods so it takes needless amounts of effort to get good with.

you really dont

the loger you use 0% the quicker you notice that each zoom level has its own 360 distance and that typically feels more natural.

a huge falsehood in the fps scene is believeing that being able to flick like shroud is "good" when in reality a good player will have the game knowledge to knwo where to aim making flicks unnecessary.

if you constantly have to 180 deg in order to hit you are likely doing smth really wrong

I think I will try this method out and see how it translates. I'll give it some time too. I just watched the video and it makes sense now.

53 minutes ago, Toast-Tea said:

I think I will try this method out and see how it translates. I'll give it some time too. I just watched the video and it makes sense now.

takes a while to get used to it but its 100% worth it.

even bad aim with 0% gets you further than using 360 distance as method (besides hipfire 360 distance on hipfire is alright)

Edited by fortunate reee