Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Need Help With Conversion Setup

Go to solution Solved by fortunate reee,

I've been using this setup to do all conversions.  And, it works for stuff like Warzone but whenever I do it for VALORANT and Risk of Rain 2 it ends up with a different 360/cm.  And I thought to maintain muscle memory or whatever the 360/cm should be close to each other. 

I can withstand 360/cm difference from VALORANT but with Risk of Rain 2 changing from a 33cm to a 52cm makes it feel like something is wrong and usually screws me up whenever I play Warzone again and I overaim. So, I was just wondering if the fix for it would be changing the [Hipfire / Look] to a different option instead of Jedi's Trick - Vertical.  

Edited by MF_GAVIN
thought the title should be more of the overall help needed instead of windows -> ror2
  • MF_GAVIN changed the title to Need Help With Conversion Setup
  • Solution
11 hours ago, MF_GAVIN said:

I've been using this setup to do all conversions.  And, it works for stuff like Warzone but whenever I do it for VALORANT and Risk of Rain 2 it ends up with a different 360/cm.  And I thought to maintain muscle memory or whatever the 360/cm should be close to each other. 

I can withstand 360/cm difference from VALORANT but with Risk of Rain 2 changing from a 33cm to a 52cm makes it feel like something is wrong and usually screws me up whenever I play Warzone again and I overaim. So, I was just wondering if the fix for it would be changing the [Hipfire / Look] to a different option instead of Jedi's Trick - Vertical.  

the reason that it doesnt give you the same 360 distance is because your 360 distance is based on whatever base fov you are used to and   0% or jed  for windows to hipfire will give you a number that is based on your fov with those games having a set fov or capped fov that wont go up as high as other games like warzone a change in sense is to be expected.

11 hours ago, MF_GAVIN said:

And I thought to maintain muscle memory or whatever the 360/cm should be close to each other. 

this isnt actually a matter of concern, muscle memory in the sense its often being missused in, doesnt really exist. if you were to set hipfire to the same 360 distance as warzone on a game with a lower fov the same 360 distance would end up feeling faster that it "should" comapred to what you are used to.

usually id recommend setting image.png.47690bc0c779746eb6819432f6554384.png

the games aspect to focal lemgth and giving up some screen space for the same feel but with a base of 120 hdeg there wouldnt be  alot of space left on your screen that wouldnt be black bars.

that leaves 2 and a half  options.

-use the numbers you got from the calc with the difference in 360 which should be alright but might take some getting used to for movement which shouldnt negatively impact your aim

- use 360 distance match, from warzon to these game, and bite the "mental discrepancy" for the sake of keeping the same distance wth a different feel

(- could also slightly lower your max fov in warzone and use focallength + 360 distance match for hipfire)

all of these should be fine its mostly preference.

On 4/11/2022 at 6:20 AM, fortunate reee said:

-use the numbers you got from the calc with the difference in 360 which should be alright but might take some getting used to for movement which shouldnt negatively impact your aim

- use 360 distance match, from warzon to these game, and bite the "mental discrepancy" for the sake of keeping the same distance wth a different feel

(- could also slightly lower your max fov in warzone and use focallength + 360 distance match for hipfire)

all of these should be fine its mostly preference.

I decided to start using Warzone as my main instead of Windows as well as taking your advice with focal length and lowering the FOV to 110, but left the Jedi's Trick alone. Thank you for the help.