V Rising

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Vigor

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

MULLET MADJACK

The config file might use either comma (,) or period (.) as the decimal separator depending on your locale settings.
Read more...

Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

How to match ADS Sens across different FOVs without reverse calculation?

Go to solution Solved by DPI Wizard,

When I want to match the ADS sens across games with different max FOV values, I run into a problem I didn't figure out how to easily solve for years. Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer through the forum search.

Let's say I want to match from Overwatch 2 (max 103 HFOV) to Quake Champions (my preference, 120 HFOV). If I go from OW to QC, I get a correct ADS sens in OW2 but a QC Zoom Sens of 1.382. The former is perfect but the altter will feel obviously wrong in game, since the calculator now assumes I want to match the monitor distance I know from OW2 with 103 FOV,

I use MD Dynamic in this example, though that happens with any other mode as well.  

image.png.1ebc20de2d1005c1c260376d609d90db.png

However, if I reverse this, the values are different. Now, the calculator gives me the desired values for QC, but not for OW2. In those examples with MDD, the difference can exceed 33%. 

image.png.1280e5719ad675cd1e902e9e26c17fc7.png

The way I've solved this issue in the past years was just to do that reverse calculation once I have calculated the desired hipfire sens. But now that I've started experimenting with MDD for Hipfire, it recalculates the values over and over again anytime I do the reverse calculation since the base sens for hipfire changes in every step.

Have I been missing something? Is there a way to avoid this issue? Thanks in advance!

• Wizard
  • Solution
10 hours ago, PressingForward said:

Have I been missing something? Is there a way to avoid this issue?

When you reverse the calculation, you also change the source for the calculation from FOV 103 to 120, and if you're using 360 distance for hipfire you will get the wrong sensitivity for scopes.

If two scopes are the same FOV you would expect them to also have the same 360 distance, so they are identical.

Since you can change the Zoom FOV in QC it's quite easy to show what's going wrong. Here's I've set the Zoom FOV the same FOV as Ashe ADS:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=b5a237f18164a96df153c2ddcfe3f9e9

So the FOV and 360 of Ashe ADS and Zoom FOV in QC is the same at 40 vdeg and 82 cm.

But if you reverse the calculation, both will change to about 101.5 cm since you change the source:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=e621b3807a008120fd609a583691649d

So the scopes are no longer like you want them in OW2, but completely different. Using the same source is key to keeping the scopes the same between games. But yes, you will get some weird results when the hipfire FOV is locked, especially when it's very low compared the the other game.