My Friendly Neighborhood

There's a lot of negative acceleration with fast movements, expect some discrepancy.
Read more...

Steel Hunters

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

V Rising

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Vigor

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

MULLET MADJACK

The config file might use either comma (,) or period (.) as the decimal separator depending on your locale settings.
Read more...

Enable calculation of Y DPI Multiplier in RawAccel

Go to solution Solved by DPI Wizard,

So something has been on my mind for a while now. We all know that the originally intended way to calculate Jedi's Trick is with horizontal in the horizontal slot and vertical in the vertical slot. Still, most games don't enable a separate y sensitivity... however, RawAccel allows someone to do this very quickly, and seeing that the utility has long since been integrated into the calculator, I was wondering why the Y sensitivity multiplier hasn't, considering it would allow a lot of people to use the originally intended Jedi's trick, or perhaps other axis-split calculations that would otherwise have been impossible.

Untitled.png

Edited by randomguy7
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't doing this also change the cursor's vertical sensitivity, making the calculation inaccurate anyway? Only way for this to be effective for games that don't natively support x/y separate sens would be to manually set your rawaccel y axis ratio every time you get into game, and turn it back off whenever you're out of game, but for some games like PUBG where you're constantly using your cursor while playing, this would just be a hassle. Perhaps there's something I'm misunderstanding about this idea.

9 hours ago, Southpaw said:

Wouldn't doing this also change the cursor's vertical sensitivity, making the calculation inaccurate anyway? Only way for this to be effective for games that don't natively support x/y separate sens would be to manually set your rawaccel y axis ratio every time you get into game, and turn it back off whenever you're out of game, but for some games like PUBG where you're constantly using your cursor while playing, this would just be a hassle. Perhaps there's something I'm misunderstanding about this idea.

yeah, I calculate my entire rawaccel before I go into any game

11 hours ago, randomguy7 said:

yeah, I calculate my entire rawaccel before I go into any game

Right, but I mean that say, you calculate for jedi's trick both horizontal and vertical, converting from windows/2D. It'll now give you a higher vertical sens than horizontal, but only in game. You then change the Y-axis sens on your mouse cursor in RawAccel so you can get that different X and Y in game to achieve these numbers. However, now that you've done that, the previous calculation that was made with your original windows cursor sensitivity is inaccurate to your new one, since RawAccel also made your windows cursor higher sens vertically, not just in game. So now while your in game sens conversion is accurate to your original say, 800 DPI (both X and Y), it's now inaccurate to your new 800 DPI (same X-axis but now like, 900 DPI Y-axis). Hopefully I'm coming across clearly.

12 hours ago, Southpaw said:

Right, but I mean that say, you calculate for jedi's trick both horizontal and vertical, converting from windows/2D. It'll now give you a higher vertical sens than horizontal, but only in game. You then change the Y-axis sens on your mouse cursor in RawAccel so you can get that different X and Y in game to achieve these numbers. However, now that you've done that, the previous calculation that was made with your original windows cursor sensitivity is inaccurate to your new one, since RawAccel also made your windows cursor higher sens vertically, not just in game. So now while your in game sens conversion is accurate to your original say, 800 DPI (both X and Y), it's now inaccurate to your new 800 DPI (same X-axis but now like, 900 DPI Y-axis). Hopefully I'm coming across clearly.

rawaccel actually subdivides x and y dpi axis differently, so if y/x is something below 1 then it will be less than the horizontal dpi thus the calculations will be the same. this is why i'm asking for the setting to be updated

Edited by randomguy7
15 hours ago, randomguy7 said:

rawaccel actually subdivides x and y dpi axis differently, so if y/x is something below 1 then it will be less than the horizontal dpi thus the calculations will be the same. this is why i'm asking for the setting to be updated

Can you show man an example of how you'd do it in say, Overwatch? Will your x and y sensitivity not be different in Windows as well? If I can just find a way to only change the Y axis sensitivity in Windows (like the mouse pointer speed setting but not adjusting X axis), I can cancel out the separate Y axis sens that rawaccel brings on desktop but still keep that effect in game.

well first of all you gotta calculate the x multiplier (let's assume our target is 1.00 sens) and then do the same for the y multiplier (by setting both x and y to vertical) and divide the y result by x. the sensitivity for x and y will be different in windows but as long as you are using the target sens  you will be fine.

edit: be sure to set y sensivity to custom

Edited by randomguy7