Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Need help for converting Cod 1.78 monitor distance coefficient ADS sens to BattleBit Remastered ADS sens

Go to solution Solved by DPI Wizard,

So this is how i think the conversion has to be done for this specific problem, but i am still not 100% certain. I have tried these settings in game and they do feel pretty good and similar to the feeling of 1.78 coefficient in COD. DPI Wizard if you could help me find the correct way to convert it, it would be really helpful. I'm not sure if i also have to factor in the monitor distance vertical or not. the 1.78 setting cod helps me aim perfectly in that game and every other game it always feels off unless it has that setting too.

bb.png

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard
1 minute ago, Snyvex said:

So this is how i think the conversion has to be done for this specific problem, but i am still not 100% certain. I have tried these settings in game and they do feel pretty good and similar to the feeling of 1.78 coefficient in COD. DPI Wizard if you could help me find the correct way to convert it, it would be really helpful. I'm not sure if i also have to factor in the monitor distance vertical or not. the 1.78 setting cod helps me aim perfectly in that game and every other game it always feels off unless it has that setting too.

You should use Monitor Distance Vertical 178%, not horizontal. Other than that you should also match the FOV to make hipfire feel the same. Ideally also convert from CoD to Battlebit so you know the source is correct.

ok so i previously already converted from cod to bb, my 1/3200 in cod is 13/3200 in battlebit. if i converted the ads sens without having BB in the top and bottom game option, i got weird values so i just put both as BB. im fine with having different fovs, as long as hipfire sens is the same. but i just want the ads in BB to feel like 1.78 from cod. To sum it up/clarify, what exactly should i do?

• Wizard
1 minute ago, Snyvex said:

ok so i previously already converted from cod to bb, my 1/3200 in cod is 13/3200 in battlebit. if i converted the ads sens without having BB in the top and bottom game option, i got weird values so i just put both as BB. im fine with having different fovs, as long as hipfire sens is the same. but i just want the ads in BB to feel like 1.78 from cod. To sum it up/clarify, what exactly should i do?

The issue with doing it like this is that now your aim sensitivity is based off of hipfire with a 360 distance of ~44 cm and a FOV of 120 vertical degrees. If this is not the same as your FOV and 360 distance in CoD, your aim will be different. Meaning that two scopes with the exact same FOV will have a different 360 distance, which you don't want. This is why you should use the same source for your conversion, unless you have any special preferences.

ok disregard cod for a second, im just worrying about BB here. if my BB sens is 13, what is the best possible way to have a 1.78 coefficient for BB specifically? Imagine if a setting was in the game to set a 1.78 coefficient, what settings would i put in the site to have that ads sens? Im not worrying about cod anymore, all i want is a similar feeling of the MDC setting but in battlebit, but i dont want to factor in any other cod setting besides cm/360 for hipfire. And also, why vertical instead of horizontal? and its for both ads and scope right?

Edited by Snyvex
  • Wizard
Just now, Snyvex said:

and why vertical? 

Not sure if you mean the FOV or the matching method, but in BattleBit you have set the FOV to 120 Vdeg, vertical degrees. CoD uses Hdeg 16:9, which is horizontal degrees based on a 16:9 aspect ratio. Not sure which CoD you are referring to, but if it's MW3 2023 it maxes out at 120 Hdeg 16:9, which is about 88.5 vertical degrees. 120 vertical  degrees is a lot wider and not the same at all.

As for the matching method, coefficient 1.78 in CoD is the same as Monitor Distance Vertical 178%. Monitor Distance Horizontal 178% is completely different.

I hope that answers you question :)

28 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

You should use Monitor Distance Vertical 178%, not horizontal.

i was referring to this. Anyways i put in another screenshot, is this how i should doing it to create the same effect as cod mw3 1.78 setting? ik the fov between different games are different, but im not really concerned about that. All i want is the same feeling/calculations for BB as Cod mw3's MDC setting for 1.78. 

bb2.png

• Wizard
14 minutes ago, Snyvex said:

'ik the fov between different games are different, but im not really concerned about that. All i want is the same feeling/calculations for BB as Cod mw3's MDC setting for 1.78. 

The FOV is important because it's the source of the conversions. I don't know you exact CoD settings, but if I assume it's sensitivity 1 with FOV 120, a scope like the 6X will have a 360 distance of about 146 cm: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=e872d9810138a107cc75ee751adc2ad3

However, if you use BattleBit as the source, a scope with the (almost) same FOV like the 3X will have a 360 distance of about 182 cm instead: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=5ad03bfd179cc2a4778e99803fe923ea

So identical scopes will have a different sensitivity/feel/360 distance.

This is why you should use CoD as the source like this, to make sure the scopes are the same. This way the FOV for your hipfire does not affect the scope calculations.

Ok thank you, just one last favour. Answer my questions in different parts.

Part 1: so for BB specifically, i should use the settings you provided right? and these settings replicate a setting of MDC existing in BB with a coefficient of 1.78, correct?

Part 2: If i wanted to the same thing but for The Finals, it would look something like this right? and im aware that i have to use the hex editor i figured it out. i put an ss.

Part 3: lets say i want a similar effect as what we discussed for another game, i would set the first game to cod mw3, put my settings for cod, and for the calc settings at top, i would put monitor distance vertical for both ads and scope correct?

tf.png

• Wizard
  • Solution
2 hours ago, Snyvex said:

Part 1: so for BB specifically, i should use the settings you provided right? and these settings replicate a setting of MDC existing in BB with a coefficient of 1.78, correct?

Part 2: If i wanted to the same thing but for The Finals, it would look something like this right? and im aware that i have to use the hex editor i figured it out. i put an ss.

Part 3: lets say i want a similar effect as what we discussed for another game, i would set the first game to cod mw3, put my settings for cod, and for the calc settings at top, i would put monitor distance vertical for both ads and scope correct?

All these parts are correct.