FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

• 1 month later...

also i've seen 3 kinds of fov options in games:

vertical fov (eg. bfbc2, metro)

horizontal fov

horizontal fov based on aspect ratio 4:3 (quake4, cod, bf4, etc)

so at 1080p fov 74 is 90 and fov 90 is 106.

cod probably scales sensitivity according to the q3 formula (not the one for quake live).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest afriendlywookiee

Hey, - still a great site, but i think i have discovered a mistake.^^

In Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare it says:

""Sensitivity:seta sensitivity ""1.5""360º rotation:8302.36 counts26.36 cmDiscrepancy:0 counts0 cm""

But if i messure it, its actually around 35 cm.

Btw, every mouse fix is activated

• Wizard

Any error reports are welcome, there's a lot of numbers and math going on in the background here :)

1.5 sensitivity with default FOV 65 and 800 DPI should equal about 35 cm. Are you entering/using an FOV of 80? Are you getting different results if you measure with different FOV's?

Guest afriendlywookiee

So, I think I've got the mistake.

My game is set to 1.5 sensitivity with FOV 80 and 800 DPI and thats measured about 35-37 cm for a 360°.

The FOV calculation is incorrect. With these settings in your calculator and FOV 65 it's 34.6364 cm which could be right at FOV 80

With ingame cg_fov 65 it's with a sensitivity of 1.5 around 50 cm

• 3 months later...
Guest Rambler - Competitive CS and CoD

Alright, thats fine :) Yeah, I'm trying to convert my Black Ops 2 sensitivity to CoD 4, however I do not understand all this stuff like 'FOV base' and 'FOV input' so I'm having quite a hard time

• 2 months later...
Guest Fate

I think its mainly COD4 the cod4 calc is not at all what it says. My input is 1000dpi with 90 fov with a sens of 1.2 with 0.022 yaw 6/11 Windows. It tells me its 10.378 inches per 360 but its actually 13.6.

• 3 months later...

After using the calculator the number set my sensitivity as desired.

Problem is that instead of setting the number 2.813207 it sets to 2.81321..it's rounding itself up at the end.

With /input_viewsensitivity on 2.813207 it does display correctly (it's pretty much gamepad sense, but placebo makes me set it the same.

Any idea how I can make the engine not round my /sensitivity? I know it's not much difference, but I play cod4 promod daily, my fav game so I don't think this is fair haha.

Have you tried setting it through the config file? That should work AFAIK :)

That was the first thing I tried, second thing I did was also changing it on the regular config file which are basically both of these....the mp "multiplayer" and original one.

http://i.gyazo.com/ac4da90c34e75f8c458fe3d215d3d1f0.png

The original "config" had the default 5 sens, changed it to my number and didn't make a difference.

I feel like there should be some way to disable the rounding since as you can see it doesn't round up the input_viewsensitivity (gamepad sens)

http://i.gyazo.com/445d0c1bfed83cb76e8f3da3c6502f74.png

Edit* just tried using 2.813204 instead of my 2.813207 so it wouldn't round up and it actually saves just as 2.8132...apparently it strictly rounds up or down and it won't let me use the specific decimals at the end....but why won't it round on gamepad sens 0.o?

This is weird x.x

Edited by Erick Avila

I can change the rounding in the calculator, but first I'll do some tests to see if there is any way to get the game to accept all six decimals.

When you mean change the rounding in the calculator what do you exactly mean by that?

I have already improved A LOT my aiming with 2.813207.. the sens it gave me is pretty much spot on so I wouldn't recommend you change the calculator.

I'm kinda making it a big deal only because I play scrims w/ my team and it wouldn't hurt to get my sensitivity PERFECT instead of just kinda spot on w/ the rounding.

It's not really the calculators fault. Calc digits seem like they're spot on...but yeah, as you said if you get a chance try to see if you can get the game to accept all decimals.

I'm fiddling around w/ it too see if I can lucky w/ anything.

Several double check measuring and tests while playing today I was able to verify that the rounding of my sens making it just a tad faster compared to CS:GO & BO2 sens that I get which I'm more accurate with.

I'm pretty sure that it should be able to get that kind of number if it wouldn't round since that kind of move sensitivity should exist. I'm thinking about maybe trying the default cfg since I'm using a custom cfg from cfg factory for tweaks & all that and maybe for some reason the cfg has something that rounds up certain things or something.

• Wizard

When you mean change the rounding in the calculator what do you exactly mean by that?

Just to change the output so it would read 2.81321 instead of 2.813207 if the game only supports five decimals and not six. 

Anyway, the difference between 2.81321 and 2.813207 is miniscule, it should not be possible to feel the difference or even measure it  ^_^

With 2.81321 a 360 degree rotation = 2539.339123 counts

With 2.813207 it is = 2539.341831 counts

In other words only a 0.002708 difference, or about 0.000007 inches @ 400 DPI :P .

I think it's more likely there is some acceleration here and there that throws you off actually.

Just to change the output so it would read 2.81321 instead of 2.813207 if the game only supports five decimals and not six. 

Anyway, the difference between 2.81321 and 2.813207 is miniscule, it should not be possible to feel the difference or even measure it  ^_^

With 2.81321 a 360 degree rotation = 2539.339123 counts

With 2.813207 it is = 2539.341831 counts

In other words only a 0.002708 difference, or about 0.000007 inches @ 400 DPI :P .

I think it's more likely there is some acceleration here and there that throws you off actually.

oh yeah absolutely, the only difference that I had noticed was pretty much placebo effect after thinking so much about it. At the time, I measured around 20+ times and just kept on getting so much close ones, but still kind of some miniscule differences since I measured at different speeds. The whole thing that threw me off through was that I compared my BO2 sens definitely just a bit more accurate w/ my ratio and all that compared to COD4 on a 1 hour run in each game.

Anyways, thank you for your latest explanation on at least knowing there is just no way that I can use the six decimals. Gets me the worry out of knowing I'm not wasting my time playing daily knowing that sens exists on the game and I'm playing rather than trying to figure it out.

Just came back from a weekend trip and after playing cod4 right now I already know I'm satisfied since instead of placing on the top 3 like mostly before I just pretty much keep on placing 1st in promod pubs knowing I hadn't played since Thursday.

Thanks so much for taking your time on this..you don't really know how much I appreciate this website...I've pretty much found the website I've been searching for 2 years since I always kept on changing sens trying to find an improving one. Now I won't be wasting so much time on some games trying to perfect my sensitivity since there is quite list that I've struggled with.

• 3 years later...