Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Overwatch 2

• Wizard

I'll use Monitor Distance 100% to explain this since it's a bit easier to understand than Viewspeed, but they are affected similarly.

If you match CSGO to OW @ FOV 103, you are matching turning (106.26/2) 53.13 degrees in CSGO to turning (103/2) 51.5 degrees in OW.

Now if you instead match OW  @ FOV 90, you are matching 53.13 degrees to (90/2) 45 degrees.

So the distance you have to move your mouse for 51.5 and 45 degrees in these two scenarios should be identical, meaning the 360 distance (and hence sensitivity) must be different.

I dunno I must be stupid because I don't get it.

In Overwatch I can do a 360 degree turn in 17.5'. It doesn't matter if I am using 103 FOV or 20 FOV. It doesn't matter if I am using 16:9 or 16:10 resolution. It will always do the same 17.5' turn. In my head, that means the viewspeed would be the exact same. If I were to use the viewspeed values in the calculator and I set my first set of values to 4.5 @ 103 FOV which gives me a 360 degree turn and change the FOV to something like 30 it gives me a new sens of 1.15 to move the same speed. This is just not correct because me doing a 360 using both FOVs gives me the same 4.5 sensitivity. At this point I am not even talking about converting CSGO to OW anymore. Even just OW to OW using different FOVs is wrong in my head. Just because I can physically see it not working.

• Wizard

360 distance and Monitor Distance/Viewspeed are not interchangeable. Having the same 360 distance with different FOVs is actually the opposite of these methods. If you have the same 360 distance with drastically different FOV, the sensitivity will be very different, as you can see here:

As you can see, having a scope (i.e. different FOV) and hipfire at the same 360 distance does not make much sense. The whole point of Monitor Distance and Viewspeed is to match sensitivity based on what you see on your monitor, so moving the cross hair to a certain position on the monitor is identical between different FOVs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I wanted to convert my sens from cs:go to overwatch but also i recently went from a 24" monitor to a 27" will this effect what I input into the calculator?

also, when converting my cs:go zoom sens to overwatch I don't want to convert my cs hipfire but my cs awp to widowmaker zoom. So I would select monitor distance and awp and widowmaker/ana not hipfire to window/ana (if I understand correctly)

• 5 months later...
  • Wizard
33 minutes ago, tuphac said:

@DPI Wizard Overwatch Update  ADS settings on PTR server today.

# Increased the precision of the Relative Aim Sensitivity While Zoomed slider. This can be found under Options > Controls > Hero > Widowmaker. 

Can you update the calculator when you get the chance please? Thanks!

Cool, updated it now!

Since we're talking about Zoomed sens, what reasoning does the calculator use to go with 44.57 if I want the same sensitivity that I am using unscoped?

According to some reddit article which you probably heard of, that should be different for each distances or 38 in general.

Edit: Also, the more I lower the sensitivy I want to have while scoped, the higher the result is for the relative zoom sens. For me that doesn't make much sense.

What do you think?

Edited by Ramses
  • Wizard
5 minutes ago, Ramses said:

Since we're talking about Zoomed sens, what reasoning does the calculator use to go with 44.57 if I want the same sensitivity that I am using unscoped?

According to some reddit article which you probably heard of, that should be different for each distances or 38 in general.

What do you think?

38 (or 37.94 with decimals) is when using Monitor Distance 0%.

6 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

BTW 0% is best for tracking, a quick demo here to show tracking of a target between different aims:

Higher monitor distances are more suitable for snapping to a target.

I can notice the 0% tracking benefits in game indeed.

But since I flick a lot more than I track (not really a hitscan player but I'm trying to get into Widow since I used to be projectile) I guess I should pick a point on the monitor which matches the distance I flick with a lot?

Also why did you pick 75% by default? Just curious.

• Wizard
Just now, Ramses said:

Also why did you pick 75% by default? Just curious.

75% (in 16:9 AR) is used by a lot of older games (and some new), so by default this will be what many players are used to. The reason for it being 75% is because older games use FOV based on 4:3 resolution (like CSGO), and the monitor match is 100% for this aspect ratio. When you play these games on a 16:9 monitor the match remains at the 4:3 portion of the monitor, meaning 75% for 16:9 ((4/3)/(16/9)).

Newer games mostly use 100% (like all Unreal Engine 4 games), while some use 0% (i.e. Call of Duty). So 75% is a good default value in between.

1 minute ago, DPI Wizard said:

Do you mean the decimals? It's on the PTR and coming the the live version soon.

oh dang. i was trying to convert my sens back i cant remember my scoped b4 the decimal thing. it was 15 in game 500 dpi and 44 scoped converted to 700 dpi 13 in game.. can you tell me what the scoped used to be b4 the new scope change?