Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Overwatch 2

12 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Ashe is in!

Thank you!

So, if I understood correctly... I select OW in the "convert" section of the calculator, select Widow/ana under the "aim" drop-down, enter the value, and then I select again OW in the "convert to" portion of the calculator and select Ashe in the "aim" drop down? I get 40.85 for Ashe ads when converting from widow/ana 30 ads. Is that correct?

• Wizard
Just now, Geahad said:

Thank you!

So, if I understood correctly... I select OW in the "convert" section of the calculator, select Widow/ana under the "aim" drop-down, enter the value, and then I select again OW in the "convert to" portion of the calculator and select Ashe in the "aim" drop down? I get 40.85 for Ashe ads when converting from widow/ana 30 ads. Is that correct?

That's correct if you want to convert directly from Widowmaker.

Thanks for the quick work on the Ashe calculator 😀

I have a question...

Converting directly from Hipfire > Ashe, you get a value of 59.95 (for both All & Ashe ADS options)

Converting from Widow/Ana Scope (using a value of 37.94 which is from the Hipfire > Widow conversion) > Ashe, you get a value of 50.05 (if you use the All option) and 51.66 (if you use the Ashe ADS option)

Are all these values supposed to be different like that?

(I am using a Monitor View Distance - Horizontal 0% for Scope by the way)

Edited by pervysage
  • Wizard
3 minutes ago, pervysage said:

Converting directly from Hipfire > Ashe, you get a value of 59.95 (for both All & Ashe ADS options)

Are you converting from Overwatch hipfire or another game like CSGO?

Also note that Ashe is tagged as ADS while Ana/Widowmaker is Scope. If you have the set to the same conversion it doesn't make any difference though.

3 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Are you converting from Overwatch hipfire or another game like CSGO?

Also note that Ashe is tagged as ADS while Ana/Widowmaker is Scope. If you have the set to the same conversion it doesn't make any difference though.

I was converting from Overwatch Hipfire.

But you were right, I didn't realize Ashe was tagged as ADS and that was why I was getting such a big difference in the resulting values. Now they are identical after I set ADS to 0% like I had on the Scope.

Thanks!

If it is still exactly 103 degrees horizontal for hipfire, and is now 30 degrees and 40 degrees vertical for zoom, then the new values will be:

Relative to ow hipfire

Relative to windows/desktop is a little bit different, as it depends on how accurate the ow hipfire sens is (its only 2 decimals).

6/11 WPS

4/11 or lower WPS

Edited by Drimzi

I believe that the current HFOV for Ashe is wrong, I know that there was a reddit thread that said Ashe's FOV is 66 degrees but it was later edited after another user calculated it to 65.8 degrees

There is also a change to the way Widowmaker and Ana's scoped FOV is calculated: https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/9ujb0i/widowmakers_and_anas_fov_has_changed/

I hope the issues can be fixed.

Thanks.

Edited by Skazzy3
9 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

It's vdeg for the scopes indeed, easy to check if you change AR. Vdeg stays the same, while hdeg gets wider. For hipfire hdeg stays constant.

I've updated the aims now!

from what i've read this would also just be a difference of a few pixels "not even worth mentioning"

Ashe FOV isn't 66, (for horizontal it's more closely 65.8 but it's not exactly that either)

In fact Widowmaker/Ana FOV aren't 51.

It's actually 40° vertical and 30° vertical respectively.

See: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/9ui5hv/ashe_fov_is_66_and_11_relative_sens_is_about_515/e95c2kj/?context=3

and

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/9ujb0i/widowmakers_and_anas_fov_has_changed/

• Wizard
7 hours ago, Skwuruhl said:

Ashe FOV isn't 66, (for horizontal it's more closely 65.8 but it's not exactly that either)

In fact Widowmaker/Ana FOV aren't 51.

It's actually 40° vertical and 30° vertical respectively.

Someone linked your work earlier so I have already updated them, great work!

Hi guys,

I am trying to get the same mouse sensitivity AND FOV feeling for Overwatch and Battlefield 1 and 5.

Game Info for Overwatch says:

Default FOV:
Field of View 103 | Horizontal Degrees

I read a lot about Overwatch's FOV being DIAGONAL, not horizonal.

I am not 100% sure if this is correct, but it feels it makes sense for me.

Can you verify and correct this if necessary, and include the diagonal FOV in the fields/calculations?

Even if it says FOV doesn't affect mouse sens.

Thanks!

Edited by Dookie

@Dookie

It looks like BFV has a smaller FOV that Overwatch. Having a smaller FOV than other players is going to ultimately be a disadvantage to you. I'd recommend keeping OW's default FOV of 103 and then use 0% monitor distance to calculate your sensitivity. Note that if you tend to measure your sensitivity by 360 distances, it's not going to match up because of the difference in field of view. What you should experience though is a similar experience in crosshair placement between both games at most practical distances from the center of your screen. 

This stuff is kind of arcane, I hope I've communicated this well. Mods, if I've gotten anything wrong her please correct me.

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 7.43.44 AM.png