Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Converting OW sense to other games

Hey all,

I'm new to using this site, and while I managed to mess around with some base numbers, I'm having a really hard time lining up some specific games. Overwatch is my favorite game, and I used 4 sensitivity with 800 dpi, and the widow/ana scope is 38...how would I translate that best into rainbow 6 siege? I tried using the 360 rotation, which seems to line up well enough, but I can't figure out the difference between iron sights and ACOG! Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any help in advance!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard

The problem with R6 is that iron sights and ACOG uses the same sensitivity setting, but they don't match each other in terms of movement. So you basically have to choose which one you want to match to OW, and the other one will just have to follow.

I would suggest using 360 distance matching only for hipfire, for scopes use Viewspeed or Monitor Distance. Since you have 38 on the Widow scope, this is the same as Monitor Distance 0%, so try this for your conversions.

41 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

The problem with R6 is that iron sights and ACOG uses the same sensitivity setting, but they don't match each other in terms of movement. So you basically have to choose which one you want to match to OW, and the other one will just have to follow.

I would suggest using 360 distance matching only for hipfire, for scopes use Viewspeed or Monitor Distance. Since you have 38 on the Widow scope, this is the same as Monitor Distance 0%, so try this for your conversions.

Hey, thanks for the timely response! I have 1 other question, there are 2 items in the .ini file that I can't find anything in your calculator to change...AimDownSights and MouseSensitivity...can you tell me what I am supposed to do, or do I leave them at 50?

On 9/16/2017 at 2:55 PM, DPI Wizard said:

Yes, just leave them, but enter their configured value when the calculator asks for them.

Thanks again! My last question is this...how can I use the calculator to use proper values? When I start on hipfire, it tells me that it assumes I'm using standard multiplier, but as I use that base number to get ADS and ACOG values, that changes the .02 base value used in the original calculations. So is there anything I can do to get it more precise?

• Wizard
6 minutes ago, Portmanteau said:

Thanks again! My last question is this...how can I use the calculator to use proper values? When I start on hipfire, it tells me that it assumes I'm using standard multiplier, but as I use that base number to get ADS and ACOG values, that changes the .02 base value used in the original calculations. So is there anything I can do to get it more precise?

It doesn't really matter what you set the MouseYawSensitivity and AimDownSightsMouse (i.e. the in-game sensitivity) values to when you are using the advanced calculations, since the range of the multipliers are huge.

Leaving them at the default 50 is perfectly fine, as that gives you a lot of room both ways so you don't go out of range on the calculations.

But you have to use either the advanced or the simple calculations, don't use the simple first and then the advanced (I realize now that this might not be obvious). They should really be called "in-game" and "config file", I'll rename them later.

15 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

It doesn't really matter what you set the MouseYawSensitivity and AimDownSightsMouse (i.e. the in-game sensitivity) values to when you are using the advanced calculations, since the range of the multipliers are huge.

Leaving them at the default 50 is perfectly fine, as that gives you a lot of room both ways so you don't go out of range on the calculations.

But you have to use either the advanced or the simple calculations, don't use the simple first and then the advanced (I realize now that this might not be obvious). They should really be called "in-game" and "config file", I'll rename them later.

Oh..that was the mistake I was making then! I really thought it was a ladder I was climbing...simple, advanced, simple, advanced, acog. Thanks!

26 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Oh, one last question, which I realize I never made clear and might be another source of confusion...in Overwatch, my hipfire sensitivity allows me to do a full 360 from the edge of my mouse pad to the other, but the widow scope ends up being about a 160 or so, which is what I am trying to line up, that 160 degree movement to let my muscle memory kick in. So I'm trying to get my hipfire to be 360 (which your calculator does perfectly), but the settings you gave me today also let my ADS turn into a 360 as opposed to the 160ish that I'm trying to accomplish. Do you have any advice on that?