FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

shoot the beat!

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Drimzi said:

Just had some issues loading the game after changing osu!'s directory. What happens is when the game starts up, it tries to play a song, but can't find it, and never ends up loading. If you had the text in the upper right corner just constantly flicking, then it was trying to find a song to play. To fix this, you need to go to My Documents, and delete the shoot the beat! folder.

okay will try again

• 8 months later...

@DPI Wizard Can you please update the calculator, theres an update to the game that allow for camera distance option to move the camera back 

could you make the sensitivity scale along with the camera distance? moving the camera further back should scale like changing FOV but right now its not especially if you go beyond -20 via registry edit.

Edited by tuphac
2 hours ago, tuphac said:

@DPI Wizard Can you please update the calculator, theres an update to the game that allow for camera distance option to move the camera back 

could you make the sensitivity scale along with the camera distance? moving the camera further back should scale like changing FOV but right now its not especially if you beyond -20 via registry edit.

I downloaded the update. At 90 FOV, changing the camera distance seems to have zero effect on sensitivity.

Tested with a script for 6 full revolutions with zero residual counts. The cm/360° was completely perfect at 0, +10, -10, -20.

edit: When playing it, it does feel weird at different distances though. +10 is too fast, -20 is too slow. So it might be a case like Fortnite, where the sensitivity should scale, even though the angle of view remains constant. The scale factor is the change in camera distance.

edit2: Just a quick assumption that +20 would put you at 0 camera distance, where you can't play, then +10 might be 0.5 distance, 0 might be 1 distance, +20 might be 2 distance. Tested +10 with half CPI, and -20 with double CPI, and it felt somewhat okay.

Edited by Drimzi
36 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

I downloaded the update. At 90 FOV, changing the camera distance seems to have zero effect on sensitivity.

Tested with a script for 6 full revolutions with zero residual counts. The cm/360° was completely perfect at 0, +10, -10, -20.

edit: When playing it, it does feel weird at different distances though. +10 is too fast, -20 is too slow. So it might be a case like Fortnite, where the sensitivity should scale, even though the angle of view remains constant. The scale factor is the change in camera distance.

edit2: Just a quick assumption that +20 would put you at 0 camera distance, where you can't play, then +10 might be 0.5 distance, 0 might be 1 distance, +20 might be 2 distance. Tested +10 with half CPI, and -20 with double CPI, and it felt somewhat okay.

I wanted to play at 30 FOV, to practice sniping and push the camera distance back -100 via registry.  thats when it gets really weird LOL. 

Edited by tuphac
9 minutes ago, tuphac said:

I wanted to play at 30 FOV, to practice sniping and push the camera distance back -100 via regedit. thats when it gets really weird LOL. 

It does seem to scale in the way I assumed.

I'm assuming -100 = 4294967196 ?

Tried that and it seemed as good as it could get, but it is a new experience having the camera orbit like that.

You can put your CPI, cm/360, sensitivity, or whatever in here, with whatever distance, and it will tell you what to use: Calc for distance at 90 FOV

c = cpi, sens, or whatever

x = distance

Edited by Drimzi
23 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

It does seem to scale in the way I assumed.

I'm assuming -100 = 4294967196 ?

Tried that and it seemed as good as it could get, but it is a new experience having the camera orbit like that.

You can put your CPI, cm/360, sensitivity, or whatever in here, with whatever distance, and it will tell you what to use: Calc for distance at 90 FOV

c = cpi, sens, or whatever

x = distance

yes, you are correct -100 is 4294967196

I put -100 for X

and as for C do I put my dpi? 

my dpi is 700 and and the result i got is 4200. 

so I can just change my DPI to 4200 if i want to play at 90 FOV with -100 distance?

Is this scaling method similar to 56.25%? because thats what I use.

Edited by tuphac
1 minute ago, tuphac said:

yes, you are correct -100 is 4294967196

I put -100 for X

and as for C do I put my dpi? 

my dpi is 700 and and the result i got is 4200. 

so I can just change my DPI to 4200 if i want to play at 90 FOV with -100 distance?

Is this method similar to 56.25%? because thats what I use.

Yes, 4200, or just use convert to Aim Lab first to see what the sensitivity is with more decimals, and put that in to the wolfram calc. Then you can convert from Aim Lab to Shoot the Beat's registry value.

It's not the same scaling as 56.25%. It's scaling proportionately with the camera distance, so it would be more like 0%.

2 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

Yes, 4200, or just use convert to Aim Lab first to see what the sensitivity is with more decimals, and put that in to the wolfram calc. Then you can convert from Aim Lab to Shoot the Beat's registry value.

It's not the same scaling as 56.25%. It's scaling proportionately with the camera distance, so it would be more like 0%.

Could you make me a formula for 30 FOV and 70 FOV also please. ty in advance.

• Wizard

The 360 distance is always the same, and the FOV barely changes if it changes at all. The "problem" is that the camera moves very close/far away from the beats and pivots with the pivot point behind or in front. This makes the FOV feel different for everything right in front of you.

I can perhaps make an option where it scales to the apparent FOV of the beats.

2 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

The 360 distance is always the same, and the FOV barely changes if it changes at all. The "problem" is that the camera moves very close/far away from the beats and pivots with the pivot point behind or in front. This makes the FOV feel different for everything right in front of you.

I can perhaps make an option where it scales to the apparent FOV of the beats.

I’m quite satisfied with the solution Drimzi provided. 

Moving back further away from the target in an FPS game should make me travel less distance when moving my mouse from point A to B but the opposite is happening. 

It get slower and slower the further back I push the camera.

On 8/29/2018 at 5:18 AM, tuphac said:

I’m quite satisfied with the solution Drimzi provided. 

Moving back further away from the target in an FPS game should make me travel less distance when moving my mouse from point A to B but the opposite is happening. 

It get slower and slower the further back I push the camera.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=c%3D1800;+x%3D-20;+c%2F(1+-+x+1%2F30)

If you use this link instead, you just need to put in CPI. Then in the shoot the beat! output parameters, you put the CPI result in there.

I also changed the scaling, as -30 seems to be a lot closer to double the distance rather than -20. I did a crude check. I screenshotted 0 and -30, and scaled -30 by 200%, and the center background portrait thing was pretty much the same size.

Edited by Drimzi
2 hours ago, Drimzi said:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=c%3D1800;+x%3D-20;+c%2F(1+-+x+1%2F30)

If you use this link instead, you just need to put in CPI. Then in the shoot the beat! output parameters, you put the CPI result in there.

I also changed the scaling, as -30 seems to be a lot closer to double the distance rather than -20. I did a crude check. I screenshotted 0 and -30, and scaled -30 by 200%, and the center background portrait thing was pretty much the same size.

Thank you kind Sir Drimzi. this means alot to me ha, greatly appreciate your input.

however, this scaling method seems awfully slow. I still will be using the first method of scaling as that seems to really translate my aim from shoot the beat to other FPS game well.

Edited by tuphac
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm the creator of the game. I'm really happy that you are putting this much effort into my game, I never imagined this. That said, I'd like to help you out with your issues and calculations, but I'm kinda lost with so many messages and equations. I'm sure I could patch the game to achieve what you are trying to do pretty easily. Anyone is free to add me on Discord - Snepif#9432. And special thanks to tuphac for his support and showing me this thread.

• Wizard
On 9/14/2018 at 3:50 PM, Snepif said:

Hey guys, I'm the creator of the game. I'm really happy that you are putting this much effort into my game, I never imagined this. That said, I'd like to help you out with your issues and calculations, but I'm kinda lost with so many messages and equations. I'm sure I could patch the game to achieve what you are trying to do pretty easily. Anyone is free to add me on Discord - Snepif#9432. And special thanks to tuphac for his support and showing me this thread.

If possible it would be great if you added an option to adjust the size of the circle around you where you shoot the beats. And also increase the FOV range in-game to 1-130 or so.

This way it will be possible to simulate scopes etc if you make the circle very large (so the beats are far away) and the FOV very low.

I hope you understand what I mean :)