Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Viewspeed v1 VS v2

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

7 hours ago, brunosuzano said:

What is the difference between Viewspeed v1 and v2?

Viewspeed v2 is aspect ratio independent. Viewspeed is not. Aspect ratio independent means the 360 distance doesn't change with a different aspect ratio. And we know that because they have the same point of rotation - all that is changing is cropping and adding of FOV.

2 hours ago, potato psoas said:

Viewspeed v2 is aspect ratio independent. Viewspeed is not. Aspect ratio independent means the 360 distance doesn't change with a different aspect ratio. And we know that because they have the same point of rotation - all that is changing is cropping and adding of FOV.

What do you mean when you say Viewspeed (v1) is aspect ratio dependent. Could you give me an example just to help clarify it?

Edited by brunosuzano
2 hours ago, brunosuzano said:

What do you mean when you say Viewspeed (v1) is aspect ratio dependent. Could you give me an example just to help clarify it?

16-9-si-4-3-la-jocuri.jpg

See how in this picture the aspect ratio is different but the image is actually the same in the center. This is what I mean by adding and cropping FOV. And because of this it means you should share the same 360 distance. However, when you use Viewspeed v1 it gives you a different 360 distance for different aspect ratios. So all that aspect ratio independent means is that the 360 distance will remain the same no matter what aspect ratio you use, which is what Viewspeed v2 is doing.

Edited by potato psoas
3 hours ago, potato psoas said:

See how in this picture the aspect ratio is different but the image is actually the same in the center. This is what I mean by adding and cropping FOV. And because of this it means you should share the same 360 distance. However, when you use Viewspeed v1 it gives you a different 360 distance for different aspect ratios. So all that aspect ratio independent means is that the 360 distance will remain the same no matter what aspect ratio you use, which is what Viewspeed v2 is doing.

I see. I appreciate it, thanks!