FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Mouse 360 distance not what it says on the calculator?

Am i missing something, the calc says my 360 distance should be 30cm, just measured with a ruler and it's 26cm? Sure it was OK last time I used the calc, what have I done wrong?

40191638092_021788eccc_o.png

My mouse is set to 1800dpi:

39326736605_47fdf3e205_o.png

And my WPS is 6:

39513271544_fb4933d581_o.png

And my in game settings:

26352878888_e476fe4931_o.png

And my GameUserSettings file:

25355104137_891b5b1399_o.png

Edited by RipGroove

I used the calculator the other day and it got my 360 distance bang on. I can only assume I've messed up the GameUserSettings file somehow so I guess I'll have to delete it and let the game create a new one and just redo all my keybinds and settings and hope that that sorts it. 

Edited by RipGroove
27 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Have you tested the actual DPI of your mouse in the DPI Analyzer?

It's not uncommon that measurements are off by as much as +/- 10% depending on how you measure and most importantly what the true DPI of the mouse is.

Another test is to measure in another game as well.

I did try the DPI analyzer but it just goes off the screen after I've I've moved the mouse about 6cm?! I'll try another game as well.

6 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

You have to adjust the Windows pointer settings too then (both in Windows and in the calcualtor), so it moves much slower.

I just tried Squad without changing anything else and the 360 distance was spot on with these settings (in game sens of 0.09 as the calculator said):

38435115890_a6998606da_o.png

Weird how Squad is fine but PUBG is not. Same mouse, same DPI, same Windows settings.

Edited by RipGroove
2 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Do it just for the DPI Analyzer test to make the mouse move within the boundaries, not for the games. The results should be almost exactly the same with any WPS setting.

Oh I see, well I got it to work by lowering my DPI right down but as above the analyzer showed my DPI was accurate but for some reason the mouse had to move 12cm instead of the 10cm the target was set it. 

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, RipGroove said:

Oh I see, well I got it to work by lowering my DPI right down but as above the analyzer showed my DPI was accurate but for some reason the mouse had to move 12cm instead of the 10cm the target was set it. 

You are not aiming to move the DPI you specify in the analyzer, you are aiming to move the distance. The DPI will be calculated based off of this. You should stop at 10 cm, and the DPI measured then is the correct one. If you are moving 12 cm to get the correct DPI, the actual DPI of your mouse is off by 15-20%.

• Wizard

It's actually not uncommon that mice are 5-10% off of what they say the DPI is. I don't know about your mouse specifically though.

Either way you should get the same result in PUBG and Squad. These games are even based on the same engine (Unreal Engine 4), and sensitivity 1 in Squad is exactly the same as 0.07 in PUBG in first person with FOV 90 (0.07 is the default in UE4).

11 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

It's actually not uncommon that mice are 5-10% off of what they say the DPI is. I don't know about your mouse specifically though.

Either way you should get the same result in PUBG and Squad. These games are even based on the same engine (Unreal Engine 4), and sensitivity 1 in Squad is exactly the same as 0.07 in PUBG in first person with FOV 90 (0.07 is the default in UE4).

Yeah that's what I don't get. Squad is bang on 30cm and PUBG is 26-27cm. 

11 hours ago, RipGroove said:

I'll try again tomorrow then, why on Earth would my DPI be out that much? It's a pretty decent mouse which isn't very old. 

That doesn't explain how the Squad calculations are spot on 30cm 360 though at the very same DPI with the same mouse. 

Even the highly regarded Logitech mice can be 3% off, which can result in 12,360 CPI instead of 12,000.

I suppose it doesn't matter too much as I can always use sensitivity in the calc rather than distance. Now I know that I have to drop down from 29 to 27 to actually get a 39cm 360 in PUBG I'll just have to base future calculations off of that. 

Really frustrating though as I want to know where the error is and is like to be able to use the calculator without having to build in an error every time.