FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

360°/cm method still has it's use

I frequently read about discussions going on in this forum and something that I've noticed is, that people always consider 360°/cm to be the worst of all the methods (same FoV conversions aside) and therefore not worth using. But in my opinion this isn't entirely true.

What if I for instance want to match my muscle memory to be the same for a 180° turn as in another game with entirely different FoV? I mainly see this being useful in games where the ability to execute quick and precise turns (FPS/TPS melee combat?) is of great importance (e.g.: dashing through an enemy and  turning 180° to face them again, all that as quick as possible).

I'd therefore always use this method in games where the ability to make precise character-turns (usually to a point that is off-screen/off-monitor) is frequently required.

Am I missing something or is it just an aspect that people seem to overlook when talking about the 360°/cm method?

• Wizard

It depends on the game, but when the hipfire sensitivity is mainly used for navigating and rarely for shooting I agree. People have different preference though, but if you match a 65 FOV game to a 120 FOV game with anything else than 360 distance you'll probably run into a lot of walls. The drawback is obviously that they will feel completely different visually.

I've been building up a pretty fast and snappy muscle memory and so far every game i play i always use cm/360 conversions over view speed and monitor matching, i always try and keep my ads fov the exact same as my normal/unscoped. Though even when i can't for example PUBG ads fov is locked to 70, i still match my ads to my general sensitivity, it feels much more natural over other conversion methods after already building pretty solid muscle memory. I am very picky about having my ads and general sensitivities match, i personally would only use monitor matching/viewspeed for zoomed optics, and keep unzoomed optics the same cm/360 as my normal/hipfire sensitivity.  

Edited by SpecialOpsPepe

I think view speed will work great too, it's basically a "cm/360" calculation that also accounts for fov differences, i was curious and decided to try out viewspeed v2 and it felt pretty good even on my first game, i just really like matching my 360 distances with my ads and hipfire sense, overall the choice comes down to preference.

Edited by SpecialOpsPepe

356156123_onlywayforcm360towork.png.7dcdac29f8717989c8f27b0d3ce6a632.png

Theoretically, if you changed the distance your monitor is from your eye(s) according to FOV, then you would be able to use the same cm/360. This is because they would share the same point of rotation and all points on the monitor would move at exactly the same speed. The only difference is that the perceived monitor size would change depending on its distance from your eye, but not the size of the contents in the game that are projected onto the monitor, which defeats the purpose of aiming down your sights.