My Friendly Neighborhood

There's a lot of negative acceleration with fast movements, expect some discrepancy.
Read more...

Steel Hunters

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

V Rising

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Vigor

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

MULLET MADJACK

The config file might use either comma (,) or period (.) as the decimal separator depending on your locale settings.
Read more...

Hey guys,

As title says, im new to this site and already having some issues.

When i decided to buy life subsription i thought that this is how it works:

1) there is a pool of games supported, increasing by time - for each game supported i can create settings and save them on my profile. Lets say, i set it for quake live - for me this is most important game and i want all games to match quake in terms of settings

2) now i want to convert QL setup that i already saved under OLD CONVERTERS - DISTANCE and DESKTOP to be the same in serious sam HD second encounter. so using CONVERT from OLD CONVERTERS tab if I'm correct

3) get calculations for SS HD TSE and set them accordingly in game

4) save calculations for SS HD TSE  on my profile on this site so that i do not have to calculate it again in future every single time.

Now, I havent found any kind of tutorial or short manual on the site describing steps one by one, so maybe im missing something, but I'm having below problems with convertion from QL to SS HD TSE:

- first of all, i cannot load QL setup i saved when i try to use CONVERT tab. Every single time i have to input values manually.  How to load QL settings I saved beforehand?

- after I manually input QL setup and try to convert it to SS, i get notification that sensitivity put in QL (800 DPI and sens 1.62358) is not correct and  sensitivity closest correct values are 1 or 2. What happens here? If I try different variations of DPI and sens to match 32 cm its always same problem, the sens value is highlighted in red.

- on the same time, on SS convertion fields I see message that my DPI is too high and I should lower it to for example 700. When i lower to 400 (cant set 700 on fk1) I got the same error, now teeling me I should set DPI 350. which I can't on fk1 O_o

I would be really greatful for advice on this.

thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard

Hey!

1) there is a pool of games supported, increasing by time - for each game supported i can create settings and save them on my profile. Lets say, i set it for quake live - for me this is most important game and i want all games to match quake in terms of settings

The first part is correct, games will be added over time, and the list of supported games will increase. The second part is unfortunately not correct, the way it works now is that the save function only takes a snapshot of everything currently entered into the calculator. If you select another game and enter new values, and then click save again, the previous save will be overwritten. And the load button always loads the last saved values. The idea is that you save the game you want to base all other games on, so you don't have to enter it each time. And then select whatever game you want to convert to.

I do want to create a more permanent way for members to save all their games and settings, but this will require a complete re-write of the code so I don't know when or even if this will happen.

2) now i want to convert QL setup that i already saved under OLD CONVERTERS - DISTANCE and DESKTOP to be the same in serious sam HD second encounter. so using CONVERT from OLD CONVERTERS tab if I'm correct

The old calculators are only available so users had a fallback if they found something broken in the last major update. It will be removed soon, and you should only use the new one :)

Now, I havent found any kind of tutorial or short manual on the site describing steps one by one, so maybe im missing something, but I'm having below problems with convertion from QL to SS HD TSE:

- first of all, i cannot load QL setup i saved when i try to use CONVERT tab. Every single time i have to input values manually.  How to load QL settings I saved beforehand?

- after I manually input QL setup and try to convert it to SS, i get notification that sensitivity put in QL (800 DPI and sens 1.62358) is not correct and  sensitivity closest correct values are 1 or 2. What happens here? If I try different variations of DPI and sens to match 32 cm its always same problem, the sens value is highlighted in red.

- on the same time, on SS convertion fields I see message that my DPI is too high and I should lower it to for example 700. When i lower to 400 (cant set 700 on fk1) I got the same error, now teeling me I should set DPI 350. which I can't on fk1 O_o

If you use the new calculator, your should get this output, is this not what you are getting?

qlss.JPG

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I tried new calculator also, and had same problem, that's why I switched to the old one. Anyway, now it seems to work fine, although still sensitivity is shown is red, but without returning further errors in calculations.

As for saving other games configs - it would be great to have it someday, but of course adding new games to the pool is, and should be prioritized, I fully understand that.

Thanks for the help and quick reply!